Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Oathsworn Half Orc Barbarian in sensible shoes

That has got to be the most beautifully color constrained, color combination superior mini I have ever seen.

Citrine, this is just plain breath taking, Jeg elsker det !  (I love it).

Jay

• Like 2

Det her e bærre lækkert!

Maybe add some weathering on that blue roll of fabric at the bottom of her pack. It's going to end up in the dirt whenever when she takes it off and puts it down on the ground.

• Like 1

Your lining between areas is spectacular!  It's a technique I've not done really well with myself, but boy does it make the mini look sharp.

• Like 1

Amazing lining all the way through. Love your color choices. Excellent shading on the face, really makes the smirk of her expression come through quite well.

• Like 1

Wonderful work!  She was my favorite piece of that set, and you've really brought her to life.  I love all the different colors of her explorer's packs.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      I have had a little time to do some painting this week.  While my main ongoing project has to do with filling out the orders of battle for my five-country fantasy campaign, my brother has been after me to get a Burrows and badgers war band ready by Christmas, when I next expect to see him again. As it happens, the Muse has been receptive to his entreaties, and the inspiration available to me this week was for Burrows and Badgers.  I find that disrespecting the Muse is usually a bad idea, so here we are.  These two are the otter ranger and the mole mercenary; I recently was working on some 40mm historical landsknechts, so he was in my comfort zone.

I know that Michael Lovejoy reads these forums, and he has commented that he likes to sculpt everything in one piece because he doesn't like assembling things.  This is a position which I am 100% in agreement with, and that contributes to these figures being a real pleasure to paint.  they also are fast to do.  The mole mercenary turned out to be about a 45 minute job, so I could have done him as a speed painting contest (minus some paint mixing time I'd have needed for contest conditions.)

As soon as I finished these, I pulled out the next three I'd already primed and started on of them, and then rooted through the boxes from the two Kickstarters I'd backed.  So, more to come...

• By Citrine
      First up is Terezinya, Bonepander Wizard (Reaper 77173).  She had been sitting on my paint desk partially painted for so long that her base got dusty, oops.  She always gave me a pirate wibe, hence the plank base.

Nienna, Female Elf Ranger (Reaper 77091) is another one that sat partially painted for a really long time.  All that green, how do I paint all her knickknacks in an interesting way without making her stand out in forest?  Finally just brute forced it to get her done.

Trista, the White Wolf (Reaper 77094), she didn't languish as long as the other two, but like normal I got stuck on deciding on colors for all the details.  But with 3 off the desk of shame I can start on something new!

• By Citrine
      Here are 2 of the pin-up babes from Wargamer LLC's kickstarter Hot & Dangerous.  

First up Lagertha the Shieldmaiden.  I love how her cloak turned out.  Not so happy with the face, it look pretty terrible in the photos, its not so bad in hand.  I need to get better at thinning my paints I think.

Rosie the Bowman (the official name).  I did not like the concept art at all, but the finished sculpt turned out great.  I love how she has a lot of spunk.

• By Citrine
      This is one of Reaper's older minis, Reaper 2040 Gargoyle.  I painted him gray at first, but though it was kinda boring so I used a green glaze on top of the gray.  Pretty happy with the effect.  The white marble column is too white though, should have been more subdued.  Oh well, another one done!

• Who's Online   29 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)