Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jessie

80040: Bathalian Primarch

9 posts in this topic

Here is my completed Bathalian Primarch. I started going more of a dual color approach at first, but didn't like where it was going. So I pretty much just ripped off Canuckotter's excellent bathalian (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69926-80040-bathalian-primarch/). Not much to be said. I'm happy with the way it turned out, but nothing amazing. Thanks for reading!

 

post-13639-0-71934800-1476556711.jpg

 

post-13639-0-28337900-1476556712.jpg

 

post-13639-0-77236200-1476556712.jpg

 

post-13639-0-24757800-1476556713.jpg

20 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely got a good alien vibe going. Well done.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it.  Very vibrant and otherworldly.  Good work!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work I love the bone effect ;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good paint job!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work. I'm loving the vibrant blue & the pink brain.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh! I missed this one before! I like it. ::): And thank you so much for the compliment! :blush: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work.  I've never noticed that the back side of the figure is an exposed brain...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Jessie
      One of the other players in my group had me paint these guys up, Woody Stumpwimple and Balto Burrowell. The other players always wanted really muted (y'know, edgelord/masculine) colors so kept them pretty simple. Have already painted up Balto twice now (once for myself, 2nd time for a different player) so might say no more commissions for Balto although he's fairly easy to paint at least.
       

       

       

       

    • By Jessie
      Rounding out my egyptian themed minis I painted up these two avatars of sokar that I have. They were fun but challenging with all the detail. The bases were really fun to do. I made little pieces of temple floor with cork board then put a thin layer of milliput over them and used these textured rollers from Green Stuff World that was an egyptian themed roller. I've used Basius prior for stamping stuff and was surprised how well the rollers turned out and will be getting more of them in different themes eventually for sure. Anyways, thanks for reading!
       

       

       

       

       

    • By Jessie
      Been painting up my egyptian themed minis. Rebased these guys on some temple looking bases from Dragon Forge that I painted to look more like sandstone. They were fun although the detail on their gold was challenging. Thanks for reading!
       

       

    • By Jessie
      Painted the duplicate of this guy a while ago and huz needed a 2nd one for an encounter we had so I painted him up pretty similarly. Nothing exciting, thanks for reading!
       

       

       

    • By Maledrakh
      These three pieces have been sitting around in a box for ages, I rediscovered them the other day and decided to just have at them. They really did not take more than a few minutes plus drying time each.
       
          
       
      77136 Well of Chaos
       


      77139 Altar of Evil
       
       

       
      77137 Sarcophagus
       
       
      The well was filled with a drop of blue and a drop of unshaken green (=blotchy and stripey as the pigments had seperated alittle) vallejo paint.
      Just one drop directly from the dropper bottles into the well each, a very gentle stir and leave to dry.
      A little touch up around the edges and hey presto! I am pretty chuffed with the result.
       
      The stone is done by black undercoat, dark green/grey over that, heavily drybrushed with sandy yellow and lighter drybrush with offwhite.
      Differently coloured glazes help differentiate it a bit where needed.
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)