I made a thing today...

Iffin' I wasn't a Griffin this would have to be classified as a Frogcident.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I will add part numbers to the tags if anyone can ID some of them.

Awesome!!!!

The Right arm is from this guy:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/boar%20demon/latest/77308#detail/IG_4753_1

For the Heretics unfamiliar with him, This is the main body:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/storm%20giant/sku-down/77163

I believe the wings are from Narthrax:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dragon/sku-down/77279#detail/77279_w_4

That only leaves the terrain piece behind him..

EDIT:

Terrain comes from Mashaaf

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/mashaaf/latest/77375#detail/77375_w_3

Is the sword arm still original? Can't see it in the pic

Yeah, You just enjoy yourself there, while I try to make sense from the things you randomly put together...

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 5

Storm Giant Dragonblood Sorcerer?

That makes it sound so deliberate... :;): It went more like this: reach hand into giant plastic tub, draw out item at random; Storm giant body! Look at 5-6 other parts, nope, nope, naw, hmm... Find mismatched wings. Ask others for help finding a match to either wing. (I'll remember who found that second wing and credit them here...it was Tim Hill the sculptor who found an opposite wing. ) Carve wings, carve back, dry fit, carve wings, carve back, dry fit, back to carving...

It was all very Dr Frankenstein....with a number of people playing Igor. I think Gene was the one that brought over the dragon that donated the left hand (claw)...or possibly Bobby.

Thank you Xherman!

I believe the wings are from Narthrax...

That only leaves the terrain piece behind him...

The sword arm is no longer original. I will try to get a new picture from another angle. And I did insert a big chunk of something else's integral base into the round grey base.

So three part numbers down, three to go.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4

Storm Giant Dragonblood Sorcerer?

That makes it sound so deliberate... :;): It went more like this: reach hand into giant plastic tub, draw out item at random; Storm giant body! Look at 5-6 other parts, nope, nope, naw, hmm... Find mismatched wings. Ask others for help finding a match to either wing. (I'll remember who found that second wing and credit them here...) Carve wings, carve back, carve wings, carve back, dry fit, back to carving...

It was all very Dr Frankenstein....with a number of people playing Igor. I think Gene was the one that brought over the dragon that donated the left hand (claw)...or possibly Bobby.

Thank you Xherman!

I believe the wings are from Narthrax...

That only leaves the terrain piece behind him...

The sword arm is no longer original. I will try to get a new picture from another angle. And I did insert a big chunk of something else's integral base into the round grey base.

So three part numbers down, three to go.

You're welcome..

The terrain is mostly Mashaaf's I believe.

Now to see the other piece of terrain and the sword arm...

We stragglers will solve the puzzle, since we have nothing better to do on the forums, since you guys are having ALL the fun there...

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 4

I snapped another picture yesterday. Different angle revealing the left claw/hand.

post-7586-0-34125100-1477120511_thumb.jpeg

Some additional material has been added to the base. It needs a little more crevasse covering, maybe some sand and ballast added. The base is a 50mm 75mm round.

In the picture, a slightly out of focus Bob Ridolfi can be seen in the background. Purple pumpkin included just for Oneboot (...and Yes, on Thursday it did contain chocolate...long since gone by now.)

<< wandering off to look at OneBoot's thread and Mashaff's base >>

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6

Confirmed. Four down; two to go.

Xherman is correct there is a big section of Mashaaf's base inserted as a drop in behind the giant's legs. Here it is in one of OneBoot's pictures:

CUEK14Wl.jpg

(The part nearest the bottom of the photo.)

• Like 6

I tried , but I can't find it just yet.

For a moment I thought it was a stone Giant's hand or a werewolf's hand, but those aren't it..

TGP, aside from the Claw, what part are we missing now?

• Like 1

We are at 5 of 6 Xherman. The 5th part was the Reaper base. Edit: I am certain it was a dragon.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

This is going to be an exciting paint-up!

At present I have almost No Idea what colors to do!

Next steps are: add more rocks, pebbles, sand to the base and break out some green stuff to work on the gaps and join ups.

• Like 3