nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

2228 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Bathory said:

i brought way too much stuff when we just went on vacation so I'm trying to keep packing to a minimum. I think we can get away with one suitcase. And it won't be cold (compared to Boston) so I can get away with leggings and tee shirts and a hoodie. 

Sounds like a good plan. 

Ren fair is this weekend so I'll be pulling out some generic fantasy costume stuff and will probably toss it into a bag for Reapercon as well.  

And for those ladies without costumes, I am doing a closet cleaning. I am bringing stuff to the con to get rid of. If you are a small or medium and it fits, it's yours to keep.  Some of it is brand new and never worn. 

5 people like this

-checks list-

I have.... two days to finish sculpting. This gives me four days to paint.

Image result for this is fine

14 people like this

Posted (edited)

Still wondering if I should wear my Safari Zone Anti-poaching Unit costume. It's just the thought of packing and wearing the body armor that makes me kinda iffy on the subject, that crap's heavy and doesn't breathe.

Edited by Valthorn_Illian
5 people like this

26 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Still wondering if I should wear my Safari Zone Anti-poaching Unit costume. It's just the thought of packing and wearing the body armor that makes me kinda iffy on the subject, that crap's heavy and doesn't breathe.

I wear chainmail under leather.....

5 people like this

3 minutes ago, knarthex said:

I wear chainmail under leather.....

Okay, looks like I might be kitting out for one day. Just gotta go get some more pokeballs.

Fun fact: MOLLE weave provides a secure, snug fit for those pokeball toys with a clip in the back.

6 people like this

7 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

We'll be making a pilgrimage to Hard Eight BBQ in Coppell for lunch one day.  Unsure of which day yet.. its a religious experience

Pretty sure the one they opened up on 121 just East of 35 would be closer.

5 people like this

ooh we're right in the middle.. which means I may have to eat at both!  lol

7 people like this

I want to be comfortable during classes so I don't think I will be wearing corsets or anything binding or would make it difficult to paint. I think there's enough skulls on my typical clothing to look horror themed enough lol. 

10 people like this

Posted (edited)

I put in my request for unpaid time off for con, and plan to order my stuff shortly...in the snowball's chance in hell that I'll actually get it. Long shot but worth it.  Because I don't have enough banked (cause other cons happened) The CEO has to sign off on it...and we just got a new one in July.

Edited by NomadZeke
9 people like this

19 minutes ago, Bathory said:

I want to be comfortable during classes so I don't think I will be wearing corsets or anything binding or would make it difficult to paint. I think there's enough skulls on my typical clothing to look horror themed enough lol. 

I looked verra strange putting my visor over the white wig and head band of the drow costume, but it worked....

I did have to drop my weapons belts though....

Hard to sit down with an 18" long dagger and a mace.....

6 people like this

2 hours ago, Morihalda said:

-checks list-

I have.... two days to finish sculpting. This gives me four days to paint.

I sure hope there are some days in there that aren't counted in that total, because I'm not leaving for over two weeks...

5 people like this

Hrm...at this point I'm thinking I won't be able to bring my Sophie costume after all. I'd need to remake the dress entirely, and there's just so much else I need to get dooooooone... D:

The painting stuff I have been working on has been going really well, though! ::): 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

8 people like this

38 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I sure hope there are some days in there that aren't counted in that total, because I'm not leaving for over two weeks...

Definitely, haha!

This weekend: Extended family stuff a few hours away

Next weekend: Annual family fishing/crabbing trip with my awesome in-laws

The weekend after: Reapercooooooon

So I basically have this Tues-Thurs, and next Mon-Thurs to get everything done. I like to take my art to go, but I haven't been able to see this side of the family in forever, and well, fishing! 

7 people like this

I'm actually doing 2 costume this year. The squirrel will return, albeit slightly changed for the theme + anther.

Working on generating spellcards for the pregens. Fun & at the same stressful as I'm using a website to generate the cards. Kind of clunky interface. 

7 people like this

15 days...

Travel arrangements made yet?

7 people like this