nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

2210 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, klarg1 said:

What's an enhanced license? :huh: 

Umm I was wondering the same thing! :wacko:

In Nevada, I have a RealID which is an “enhanced” drivers license that is good for travel throughout North America almost as good as a passport. It costs a bit more, but it’s nice to have. 

2 people like this

Just now, klarg1 said:

License that counts as federally acceptable identification. Some states have drivers license issuing policies that do not meet the federal guidelines for such. When people from those states need federally acceptable ID (including for air travel soon) they need either the enhanced license if it exists or some other form of federal ID (such as a passport or passport card).

4 people like this

18 minutes ago, haldir said:

I'm kinda worried about that as well. (Cripes I forgot about it actually). Ours (OR) expires this month, so who knows if I'll be able to use it or not. They've been pretty vague in all of this. How do you go about getting a Enhanced version?

Hm...it looks like only 4 states offer it (Washington, New York, Michigan, Vermont). My understanding is that it's sort of like a baby passport that only lets you go between the US and Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, and only by land or sea. So for flying, you'd need a passport. I'm getting it because there's an additional measure of identification (birth certificate, in this case) required to get it, so I assume it will be a good thing to have. 

Bear in mind that this is DIFFERENT from the RealID drivers licenses. That's something that won't be available to Oregon residents until 2020, from what I can tell from the various articles I read. (I thought you lived in Boise, though...?)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

License that counts as federally acceptable identification. Some states have drivers license issuing policies that do not meet the federal guidelines for such. When people from those states need federally acceptable ID (including for air travel soon) they need either the enhanced license if it exists or some other form of federal ID (such as a passport or passport card).

OK. Makes sense. 

I was aware that there were states whose IDs were no longer accepted for that purpose, but was unaware of the institution of enhanced versions as substitutes.

1 person likes this

Just now, klarg1 said:

OK. Makes sense. 

I was aware that there were states whose IDs were no longer accepted for that purpose, but was unaware of the institution of enhanced versions as substitutes.

I didn't know until today.

(Tech writer; research, don't you know.)

::D:

1 person likes this

After ReaperCon, I'm going to start the process of getting myself and MrBoot passports. Him because it's quite probable he'll need one for work travel, and me to avoid any potential problems come next ReaperCon. Pricey, but worth it in the end, I believe. 

Huzzah!

6 people like this

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Don't forget your Frostgrave Warband! (figures and sheets)

Noted.:winkthumbs:

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Be careful with that one. Last year on the drive in, my nav helpfully told us to “turn right now”, while on the middle of a bridge over Lake Dallas. Being the rebel I am, I ignored the computer’s suggestion to drive off into the water.

Good call.

23 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

It has more vitamins and minerals.::D:

I think one of my entries might be done...

6 people like this

12 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

After ReaperCon, I'm going to start the process of getting myself and MrBoot passports. Him because it's quite probable he'll need one for work travel, and me to avoid any potential problems come next ReaperCon. Pricey, but worth it in the end, I believe. 

Huzzah!

Having just gotten mine done last minute, I very much recommend doing it before you need to have it.  Much less stressful. 

I do things the stoopid way so you don't have to!

7 people like this

My 2017 shirt is on the way.

shirt.JPG.79bab10d2d95e41b4c343e6a4d5aa468.JPG

18 people like this

15 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Taste. It's not just in your mouth.

9 people like this

50 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Mine too... and I'm cutting it close.  Standard delivery is the 13th to the 17th!  But... it doesn't look like this!!!

5 people like this

56 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

I love it!

It's like setting the stereotypical black gamer t-shirt on fire.

Rainbow fire.

6 people like this

59 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Somehow this is @Pezler the Polychromatic's fault isn't it?

I've got to book a rental car.  Its weird to me that none of the Dallas Enterprise locations have after hours drop off though and their closed on sundays

8 people like this

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Hm...it looks like only 4 states offer it (Washington, New York, Michigan, Vermont). My understanding is that it's sort of like a baby passport that only lets you go between the US and Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, and only by land or sea. So for flying, you'd need a passport. I'm getting it because there's an additional measure of identification (birth certificate, in this case) required to get it, so I assume it will be a good thing to have. 

Bear in mind that this is DIFFERENT from the RealID drivers licenses. That's something that won't be available to Oregon residents until 2020, from what I can tell from the various articles I read. (I thought you lived in Boise, though...?)

Huzzah!

Nope. I'm on the Oregon border with Idaho. Boise is the major city around here (ie airport, concerts etc etc). There is absolutely nothing in my town but Waldoworld, 2 McDonald's & 5 freaking Subways..... Sigh. 

RealID I guess is what I'd be going after. I did be ok to fly but you never know. 

10 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

Rainbow fire.

Isn't that when you burn a unicorn? 

4 people like this

Hey, I already own a black version of that shirt.  Thought I'd mix things up a bit.  I can sway back and forth as I work and be the Hypno-Sculptor.

12 people like this