nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

2316 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Corporea said:

yeah work's a complete mess right now, so I promised myself I wouldn't spend much aside from buying candy for everyone to come take and soda so I won't fall asleep during the day. Fortunately, I'd already splurged for the VIP to get the dragon bust, so I don't have to buy anything else. Hah!  Take that, budget!

Also, please come take the candy from my station.  I'm a stress eater...

Me too. Nom nom nom

5 people like this

I should go buy some chocolate to share since I cannot bake.

8 people like this

2 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I plead the 5th...

And the Kraken claims another victim....

4 people like this

2 hours ago, Corporea said:

yeah work's a complete mess right now, so I promised myself I wouldn't spend much aside from buying candy for everyone to come take and soda so I won't fall asleep during the day. Fortunately, I'd already splurged for the VIP to get the dragon bust, so I don't have to buy anything else. Hah!  Take that, budget!

*As resident diabetic, falls upon candy to take one for the team*

6 people like this

Work's a mess here, too. Seems like a running theme this year. Last year I spent a bunch of time in the forums and stuff and this year I'm just now getting wrapped up with layoff-related things. If I'm lucky I'll have a mini to enter, but I don't want to bank on it. Not a lot of time left! @_@

I've got some classes lined up I'm looking forward to (more than I thought I'd take, to be honest) and so I won't have a ton of free time for gaming. I'll have to be more careful about that next year! I might be running something PFS-y on Saturday, though. Hrm. I wish we got more lead time on that. I guess we're finding out this week!

Money-wise I usually spend too much. This year... we'll see, I suppose. The job situation tells me I should be cutting back. On the bright side, it also means I will have some more time for painting!

6 people like this

D -8...

8 days till con....

4 people like this

17 hours ago, haldir said:

Liking that in hopes that your 2017 experience will be much better experience.

As for me, '16 was probably one of my best RCons yet. With the exception of one night & in no fault Reaper's I had a fantastic time. I hope this year's is as good or even better.

It was the squirrel costume.  It is impossible not to have fun while wearing a giant flying-squirrel costume.

12 hours ago, Corporea said:

11 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Me too. Nom nom nom

Great, cause I have a lot of stress; you guys can eat some of mine.

So is that like a thought eater?

thought_eater_400x275.jpg

13 people like this

16 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I won’t be going to the factory again this year, but I do plan on hitting that melt table hard again!

I also plan on hitting up plenty of the other vendors, so I’ll probably end up spending $200-400 on hobby stuff, I should budget another $150-200 for food and misc. 

My hobby budget depends a lot on whether or not Reaper offers something cool as a limited-run resin piece. Last year's Ma'aldrakar was to impractical and expensive for me, but you never know.

4 people like this

22 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

i dunno, it was a mess last year. Really hoping for a better one this time

Yeah, hoping it will be much better for you. If it isn't, you have free hugs, shoulders to lean on , and helping hands available.

6 people like this

50 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Yeah, hoping it will be much better for you. If it isn't, you have free hugs, shoulders to lean on , and helping hands available.

And free fist-bumps!

5 people like this

And her Ma'al will be there so that will hopefully make her happier.  Boxed it back up after checking on it and sending her pics of the things I noticed.  Did not want it sitting out anywhere to get damages but would love to just sit and stare at it when I am home.  The entire family loved seeing it as I took it out of the box.

6 people like this

Seriously considering starting something new to bring.  Not sure if I'm insane or not.  

7 people like this

8 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Seriously considering starting something new to bring.  Not sure if I'm insane or not.  

Right there with you...

4 people like this

If you have to wonder, you probably are.::P:

21 hours ago, Grayfax said:

I figure the majority of my budget will be spent on consumables.  Gasoline. I plan to eat well, etc...  If I get a few extra or a few less minis, no big deal... they're all still there waiting for me to order in November, December, January, etc.  

But the ones at Reapercon are SPECIAL!

21 hours ago, Corporea said:

As a good sailor, I'm always on the lookout for free food.::D:

5 people like this

20 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

But the ones at Reapercon are SPECIAL!

I'm counting the whole "getting to go to ReaperCon" as the special part...

7 people like this