nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

2210 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

Request for Unpaid time off - Declined :down:

That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Truly and fully.

42 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I'm always astonished to find people in the gaming/hobby community that have never played D&D...

Well, didn’t start in the hobby until both career and family was well established. Grew up not knowing anybody who played, and that 80’s D&D cartoon was my first exposure. Probably wouldn’t have played any fantasy if there were someone. Full on sci-fi nut until it became my job to make it reality. Then I picked up the hobby because it took up only a small amount of space, and I could stop and start as family needs dictated. I’ve only just started carving out Saturday mornings as dedicated me-time, since oldest kid isn’t in middle school any more. Still don’t have time enough for painting much less a regular gaming night. So, yeah, never played. 

8 people like this

Well....mechanic called and said the car needs a full brake job and two new tires.... Good thing most of our con expenses were paid in advance. :blink:

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Well....mechanic called and said the car needs a full brake job and two new tires.... Good thing most of our con expenses were paid in advance. :blink:

Yuck.  I had the same kind of call last month trying to get my ReaperCon transportation inspected to be able to do the registration renewal.  Two tires (luckily no brakes).  Was... disheartening... to say the least.

6 people like this

1 hour ago, NomadZeke said:

Nooooooooo!!

3 people like this

1 hour ago, NomadZeke said:

*cough *cough* look at you spreading your "illness". You should stay away from work and come join us. We'll take care of you. >:D

13 people like this

2 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Ah damn, that sucks! I'll see about my schedule later tonight. My boss is pretty good at honoring request thou, especially if they are given way in advance like June.

Well other then then 15mm figures & working on those as soon as I get off the post. Everything that I wanted to paint up got painted, minus the PCs. Thou they did get paint washes & such. Happy I was able to get all (hopefully damn 15mms!!) the DM side of things for figures done up this time!

7 people like this

Got 3 people looking to play so far who have PM'd me, have room for up to 3 more. 

A bit more about this: I will have over a dozen Pre-generated characters available to choose from, but I'm also allowing for people to bring their own beloved characters to the game. 6th level 5E rules, nothing OP meaning you shouldn't have a carp-ton of magical items or house-ruled special abilities or some such. Bring dice (or download a dice app to your phone), a pencil, your imagination, and perhaps a mini (painted or unpainted) to represent your PC. 

This can be a couple of 1-shots or it could be a small series of 2-3 games, depending on interest. 

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
5 people like this

It probably doesn't help we're having a smurfstorm going on with some new equipment...CEO is a nice guy, but I think there's just too much going on right now to justify it. At least I can procrastinate on a contest piece till next year?  I mean, I've procrastinated joining house procrastius, that should say something.

6 people like this

4 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

It probably doesn't help we're having a smurfstorm going on with some new equipment...CEO is a nice guy, but I think there's just too much going on right now to justify it. At least I can procrastinate on a contest piece till next year?  I mean, I've procrastinated joining house procrastius, that should say something.

Didn't you take a bunch of previous time off for other cons this year already? 

1 person likes this

1 day off in feb, 2 days off for dragoncon. the big thing was the family vacation in june, I think.

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

1 day off in feb, 2 days off for dragoncon. the big thing was the family vacation in june, I think.

Ahh, yeah most places don't like people taking too much time off, especially if you haven't the actual time to take and they are busy. We'll see you next year! I'll pour some coffee out for the missing Sith brother. 

3 people like this

Bingo cards are printed.

Made 40 cards this year, on a bit cheaper paper. Much lighter on the budget this time.

15 people like this

5 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Ack. :(

1 person likes this

Today at lunch I commented on being out next Wed-Fri and boss says "Oh you are off?" He is the one that approves the time off requests. :)  All I had to say was "Reapercon" and he knew.

6 people like this

59 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Ahh, yeah most places don't like people taking too much time off, especially if you haven't the actual time to take and they are busy. We'll see you next year! I'll pour some coffee out for the missing Sith brother. 

That's a waste of perfectly good coffee ::P: I just needed like 1-2 more days of vacation and I'd have it...so close yet so far.

5 people like this