nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

829 posts in this topic

Me! FireElemental is nervous about her (university) classes though. Guess we will find out!

2 people like this

Depends on that dates.

I liked it being in the fall like this year's con. I hope they stick with similar dates for next year.

Well I like fall also, but if it's in October again I probably won't be there :). 

Depends on that dates.

I liked it being in the fall like this year's con. I hope they stick with similar dates for next year.

Well I like fall also, but if it's in October again I probably won't be there :).

Even with like a year to plan ahead and request days off?

1 person likes this

Memememe! *does hoppy dance*

... I.. don't know if I'll enter anything, but I'mma BE THERE. I will yes. ..

Somehow. <.<

4 people like this

It's the perfect time of year for me now. Where I'll be in a year (New York, but who knows what job...) may change that though. Hope it doesn't. 

But yeah, I'm excited. Exhausted, but excited. 

5 people like this

I vaguely discussed with my wife the possibility of returning to Reapercon next year. She didn't express opposition to the idea... But if my son gets into painting this year, I might have to plan for him to come to the con with me. An 11 year old should be fine for 4 days of Reapercon, right? :unsure:

10 people like this

I vaguely discussed with my wife the possibility of returning to Reapercon next year. She didn't express opposition to the idea... But if my son gets into painting this year, I might have to plan for him to come to the con with me. An 11 year old should be fine for 4 days of Reapercon, right? :unsure:

Wallets, laptops, and ReaperBucks are all apparently safe to leave out unattended for long periods of time*... seems like the worst that would happen to an 11-year-old would probably be whatever they chose to create themselves?

* not that anyone would advise or guarantee that, we just have a very nice community?

Edited by terminalmancer
6 people like this

I need to figure out what minis to start painting for competition. If I start now, maybe I'll finish in time.

I NEED MOAR TIME! I'M NOT READY!

:ph34r:  by Ub3r

I need to figure out what minis to start painting for competition. If I start now, maybe I'll finish in time.

I NEED MOAR TIME! I'M NOT READY!

Umm I think you mean you may need to get started on ReaperCon 2020 entries! ::P:

big surprise right????

3 people like this

I would like to comeback, however it will depend on wether or not i receive my tribute from certain small tribes in the Amazon.

5 people like this

Wallets, laptops, and ReaperBucks are all apparently safe to leave out unattended for long periods of time*... seems like the worst that would happen to an 11-year-old would probably be whatever they chose to create themselves?

* not that anyone would advise or guarantee that, we just have a very nice community?

Yeah, that was totally accidental the first few days. I just got so excited. :lol: But everyone's in such big, friendly groups, so someone's going to be sitting down there at some time!

There was even a night where I left my blue water bottle somewhere, and the next morning, I saw that someone had set it on the table that I was occupying that day. Very thoughtful and observant, thank you. ^_^

4 people like this

Me!  Heck,  I tried to start approximate hotel reservations... but no one is taking them that far in advance... but I'm building a "how much do I need for ReaperCon" spreadsheet so I can know how much I can spend on Bones IV!

6 people like this

PAWS UP!!! But I'm hoping maaaybe 2017 won't be in the midst of October, so as not to conflict with Great Western War (big SCA camping event local to me), which I've missed two years in a row, now. :< But dagnabbit, I am going for the whole con next year, if I can manage it! I'm still floating on the high from the enthusiasm, joy, and complete acceptance. I love y'all! <3

9 people like this

Gaaah!

So /headdesk smurfing /headdesk stupid! /headdesk

I got the small scale shipwreck maiden from boneyard...then as I looked over it...I seem to have ONLY gotten the ship piece and sword. I forgot the actual maiden.

/scribbles note for next year

Edited by NomadZeke
4 people like this

Here's hoping. All my mechanism tests got pushed into FY18 to fit budget, and the group of project people keeps getting smaller and smaller (which is normal for a project). I'm pretty sure I'd be able to take the time off, but who knows. Wife is willing to come back, as she has a mousling diorama in her head, but that's going to really depend on availability of someone to stay with the kids.

And then there's how much I spent on hobby stuff this last year. I really need to cut back, and Bones IV isn't going to help me dig out of that hole.

6 people like this

Not me.  Not yet.  I have stuff to practice and absorb from this one.  Let us unwind a bit. :D

3 people like this