nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1099 posts in this topic

PAWS UP!!! But I'm hoping maaaybe 2017 won't be in the midst of October, so as not to conflict with Great Western War (big SCA camping event local to me), which I've missed two years in a row, now. :< But dagnabbit, I am going for the whole con next year, if I can manage it! I'm still floating on the high from the enthusiasm, joy, and complete acceptance. I love y'all! <3

I hope you get to come back too! It was great to meet you! ::):

The topic came up again with my wife, in a fairly indirect way... We were discussing traveling and her intense hatred of airplanes. She can't handle sitting in them for more than about an hour before it just gets to be too painful for her. So yeah, there's basically no chance of her coming to Reapercon at any point. But she also said something along the lines of "You'll be going without me" so clearly she assumes I'll be going back... ::):

10 people like this

LOL. Y'all are for real starting a new thread the next day....

But I'm excited too. ::):

Having met some of us in person now, are you really surprised by this? ::P:

Depends on that dates.

I liked it being in the fall like this year's con. I hope they stick with similar dates for next year.

I agree on both counts. I have heard rumors that seem to confirm the second statement.

PAWS UP!!! But I'm hoping maaaybe 2017 won't be in the midst of October, so as not to conflict with Great Western War (big SCA camping event local to me), which I've missed two years in a row, now. :< But dagnabbit, I am going for the whole con next year, if I can manage it! I'm still floating on the high from the enthusiasm, joy, and complete acceptance. I love y'all! <3

I hope you get to come back too! It was great to meet you! ::):

The topic came up again with my wife, in a fairly indirect way... We were discussing traveling and her intense hatred of airplanes. She can't handle sitting in them for more than about an hour before it just gets to be too painful for her. So yeah, there's basically no chance of her coming to Reapercon at any point. But she also said something along the lines of "You'll be going without me" so clearly she assumes I'll be going back... ::):

@KytheraOA---it was great to meet you, and get a chance to see your female Grey Knights! I hope you can make it next year!

@CanuckOtter---that sounds like a positive sign, I hope to see you again, too!

8 people like this

Next year I hope I get some more down time. Two four day Cons in two weeks was a bit much. 

Survival Speed Paint will definitely be back next year. 

7 people like this

Tempering my Con expectations right now. As of right now my wife & I are planning a weekend get out of town/away from the kids vacation over in Eugene, OR to go see the Ducks (my team) vs her team (Cornhuskers) at Auzten Stadium. It's September 9th. I'm not sure I wanna take that much vacation in such a close time. I've never have been to a live major college game & even better at Auzten. So right now that is higher then attending RCon right now.

That said I did have fun this year (unlike last year). All 5 games of Pathfinder & D&D5 were full & even added a 5th player on Sunday. I know next Con, I won't over game myself thou. I spent way to much time over at the Karloff table then actually doing stuff at the Con.  :rock:

8 people like this

Oops, my wife is on to my nefarious schemes...

While doing 'show and tell' (AKA unpacking my loot), she just looked at me and said "This is actually why you want me to go with you, isn't it? To get duplicates of all this stuff"

That thought had never even crossed my mind, honest.

>starts dodging lightning bolts from the heavens<

Truthfully, I just want her to come along (if she wants to) so I can share my hobby with her.

She isn't into painting figures, but she loves game of all kinds.

16 people like this

While doing 'show and tell' (AKA unpacking my loot), she just looked at me and said "This is actually why you want me to go with you, isn't it? To get duplicates of all this stuff"

Truthfully, I just want her to come along (if she wants to) so I can share my hobby with her.

This is what I expect to happen when I show my bride!!  :lol:

8 people like this

This is what I expect to happen when I show my bride!! :lol:

Get them to come, and if they get bored, there's stuff to do. Dallas World Aquarium and the Dallas Zoo are both awesome, and we should all try and make a Medieval Times dinner show. ::D:

7 people like this

I'm starting to plan a coloring book central for a table.. my wife had a great time socializing, even though she doesn't really game or paint minis... 

11 people like this

My wife's first mini was painted during the con. She was disappointed with it and the beginner class. But, I signed her up for the Spooky Base class which saved that day, and did a paint-n-take with her that made her feel better. Then the second beginning paint class made her feel lots better, and she wound up fighting pcklnt at the melt table for mouslings.

Her swag bag has been safely hidden from me, but I have large amounts of undefended mini storage and a job that requires me to leave the house. I can feel her planning the raids now.

Edit: That was meant to also say that she has refused to paint at all at home because she "wouldn't be as good as me". Yeah, you can stop laughing now. But the con has turned her into a little budding fanatic. Going to next time's might convert your better half as well.

Edited by Pegazus
12 people like this

I'm starting to plan a coloring book central for a table.. my wife had a great time socializing, even though she doesn't really game or paint minis...

Ooooh, I think this is doable.

7 people like this

my husband painted his first mini ever at the paint and take

9 people like this

We almost need a snack table! :lol: Lots of people brought fun snacks!

I'm so glad everyone ate all the cookies, I got over excited and made like 120 of them.....  :ph34r:

11 people like this

Both vacations fell through this year, so I'm just going to go ahead and plan on attending next year. Yay leverage!

11 people like this

We almost need a snack table! :lol: Lots of people brought fun snacks!

I'm so glad everyone ate all the cookies, I got over excited and made like 120 of them..... :ph34r:

That's wasn't enough. I only had three. XD
6 people like this

Both vacations fell through this year, so I'm just going to go ahead and plan on attending next year. Yay leverage!

Yay!

5 people like this