nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1418 posts in this topic

Both vacations fell through this year, so I'm just going to go ahead and plan on attending next year. Yay leverage!

Yay!

Double yay!!

4 people like this

I'd reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally like to say yes, but I'm going to World Model Expo next year, and I don't know what the rest of my year looks like yet.

I mean, if I can go, I'll be excited.

1 person likes this

I love the idea of a coloring book table. The coloring books for grown folks are so much fun!  At the con, I doubt I'd have the time personally to do any, but it's a great idea to have one going on.  I wonder if you could get it mentioned in the program similarly to how they have when the board & card games table is open?  One thing I've seen grow in leaps and bounds in the three cons I've attended is the interest from people sort of on the fringes of the hobby.  I know a lot of people who don't paint who love RPGs, other games, and probably the coloring books too.  It's really nice to see some other areas of nerdly interest being represented.

I have a work friend who will be my sister-in-law by then, and my BFF who both may wind up coming.  And yes, I will admit part of me went that would be at least one extra set of goodies, since SIL doesn't care at all about the stuff.  My BFF I'm not worried about because she's a gamer, but I wasn't sure about what the SIL could find to do.  At this point, I think she'll be okay :-)

5 people like this

We almost need a snack table! :lol: Lots of people brought fun snacks!

I'm so glad everyone ate all the cookies, I got over excited and made like 120 of them..... :ph34r:

That's wasn't enough. I only had three. XD

Exactly. ::D:

3 people like this

Not only do I REALLY hope I can make it next year, it sounds like MrBoot is on board for that as well. He's seen how torn up I've been about not being able to go this year, and has expressed a few times that he hopes things will work out financially that I can go next time. ^_^:wub:

and we should all try and make a Medieval Times dinner show. ::D:

Wait, what?! THERE'S A MEDIEVAL TIMES THERE?!?!?! AlkasjdfKJSDLFKJSLDKJfklsjdflkjsdf!!!!!!

I've only been to one once, in Florida, but it was amaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!! :bday: Despite the fact that all of the horses in an enclosed space got my allergies going and nearly gave me an asthma attack. :lol: It was still an incredible experience, and I'd love to go to one again!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

10 people like this

I'm so glad everyone ate all the cookies, I got over excited and made like 120 of them.....  :ph34r:

I'm so glad everyone ate all the cookies, I got over excited and made like 120 of them..... :ph34r:

I'm glad people are mine as well...

Even if they hated them....

3 people like this

Not only do I REALLY hope I can make it next year, it sounds like MrBoot is on board for that as well. He's seen how torn up I've been about not being able to go this year, and has expressed a few times that he hopes things will work out financially that I can go next time. ^_^:wub:

Wait, what?! THERE'S A MEDIEVAL TIMES THERE?!?!?! AlkasjdfKJSDLFKJSLDKJfklsjdflkjsdf!!!!!!

I've only been to one once, in Florida, but it was amaaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!! :bday: Despite the fact that all of the horses in an enclosed space got my allergies going and nearly gave me an asthma attack. :lol: It was still an incredible experience, and I'd love to go to one again!

Huzzah!

I'll make sure to pack the nebulizer...

But you'll have to supply your own albuterol. :;):

Edited by Aryanun
4 people like this

Not only do I REALLY hope I can make it next year, it sounds like MrBoot is on board for that as well. He's seen how torn up I've been about not being able to go this year, and has expressed a few times that he hopes things will work out financially that I can go next time. ^_^:wub:

Huzzah!

I'll make sure to pack the nebulizer...

But you'll have to supply your own albuterol. :;):

lol I have my own and am not afraid to use it when needed; I just hadn't adequately prepared beforehand with allergy pills. I need to start taking them daily about 3 days before exposure to a major allergen (such as horses or cats) for them to be maximally effective. Now I just take them prior to/during every vacation, just in case, since they're non-drowsy. ^_^

Huzzah!

6 people like this

I'm so glad everyone ate all the cookies, I got over excited and made like 120 of them.....  :ph34r:

Are any of these cookies or other snacks in the Good Eats thread?  If not, please add them or link to your recipe, if applicable.  Maybe I'll get around to trying some of them over the holidays.

1 person likes this

Are any of these cookies or other snacks in the Good Eats thread?  If not, please add them or link to your recipe, if applicable.  Maybe I'll get around to trying some of them over the holidays.

mine are!

Edited by knarthex
3 people like this

Mine is here, but I can move it to the other thread if people want. ^_^

2 people like this

I ate several! Mmmm cookies. Forget chocolate (hides from incoming Msmelons glare)

3 people like this

Agree; your cookies were good George.

2 people like this

I ate several! Mmmm cookies. Forget chocolate (hides from incoming Msmelons glare)

I indulged in all sweets.

7 people like this

I over-indulged in all sweets.

Corrected for truth.

9 people like this