nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1432 posts in this topic

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

we can't buy stuff this early =/ hotel, air tickets. We have to wait till closer to the time

Have you at least reserved a hotel for the Con? They won't charge yah, thou if you use some travel sites they have the option for that.

On 4/25/2017 at 1:47 PM, haldir said:

I just submitted all of my games for approval. Told myself I wasn't going to run as many as I did in 2016, that being 24 hours worth of gaming over 4 days...I ended up the same amount of time, but I added anther game by doing a couple "side-treks" 2 hours long adventures. I figured quick games mixed in with the 4 hours.

We Be Goblins is the only goblin adventure I'm running this year. I thought about We Before Goblins (ie the prequel to WBG) but I'm not so sure right now as my time schedule is pretty filled. I thought about Thursday but I'm gonna use the early part of that day to do the factory & such, as I totally missed out going there last year. No way am I missing 2 years in a row!. If anything the other adventures do have their fill of goblins & other critters. ::): 

Looking forward to being your GM at the Con this year. I had a great time last year. I lost my voice + I was pretty tired by Sunday night but eh well worth it!

My other half and I are going to try hard to get into one of your games this year! We wanted to last year but chickened out - we'll do much better this year since we'll be a bit more familiar with so many of y'all. ^_^ 

4 people like this

57 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

My other half and I are going to try hard to get into one of your games this year! We wanted to last year but chickened out - we'll do much better this year since we'll be a bit more familiar with so many of y'all. ^_^ 

You & your other half are welcome any time into any of my games!

2 people like this

Looking forward to going again this year. Hopefully I can be there all the days of the Con instead of just one like last year. I'm also hoping that my brother from Ft. Worth will be able to join me up there for some game time. I don't get to see him very much and I can't think of a better place to take a break from the real world.

7 people like this

Any latest best guesses on the date for registration/class enrollment?  I'm going to be traveling a lot this summer and will be out of touch at times.  I'm trying to anticipate/prepare so I can enroll and get some classes.

Soon (tm).   After kickstarter fullfilment anyway. There was talk of an early June registration preceding class registration.  I would stay tuned for the next couple of weeks. 

3 people like this

Looking at the size of these dragons, I don't think I will be able to bring one to REaperCon for the competition. Just no way i could fly with them!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Looking at the size of these dragons, I don't think I will be able to bring one to REaperCon for the competition. Just no way i could fly with them!

Wouldn't you just fly ON them? :lol:

Onwards, noble aerial steed!

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
10 people like this

=P that'd be nice, but yea, they're going to be far too big to shove safely into a carry on

maybe i'll bring Goremaw instead

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

=P that'd be nice, but yea, they're going to be far too big to shove safely into a carry on

Bonesium is durable; put her in a cage-like box and put her in the checked baggage. Then dare the baggage handlers to open the cage.

1 hour ago, EvilJames said:

Much sadness and wailing and gnashing of teeth! My bones did not arrive today as i had so fervently hoped, Nay, the tracker said they would be delivered on Monday, but now upon gazing upon yon tracker once more, my Bones decided to spend an extra night in Texas and now I shall have naught for bones until Tuesday and I shall be filled with naught but sadness as I hear the tales of others receiving their treasures before the weekend.

Mine are also due on Tuesday.

Urge to break out Harriman… rising…

Edited by Dan Goodchild
Added extra space between merged replies.
6 people like this

We don't do checked baggage, the extra fees are annoying. We can get way with having everything we need in carry-ons, but that means minis i submit need to be small enough to fit =P

8 people like this

30 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Since you assembled your Ma'al ahead of time, yeah. :down: Goremaw is a nice sturdy "little" fella, though. Would T'rauk fit if the wings weren't attached?

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

6 people like this

Hmmm Probably, but attaching the wings seems like it'd be a nightmare. They'd ahve to be pinned, and green-stuffed...probably wouldn't look good on the contest table =/ i like green-stuffing before i paint so i can do even transitions with the color gradients. 

Maybe, if he turns out alright, i can at least try to bring him and see how it goes. He might not turn out nice enough to be deemed good enough for the contest

4 people like this

I realized the other day I will be hopefully in the US when Reapercon is on.  So maybe if the stars align and I can afford it.  Might make it to Reapercon.  Pretty excited at the idea. 

12 people like this

5 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Hmmm Probably, but attaching the wings seems like it'd be a nightmare. They'd ahve to be pinned, and green-stuffed...probably wouldn't look good on the contest table =/ i like green-stuffing before i paint so i can do even transitions with the color gradients. 

Maybe, if he turns out alright, i can at least try to bring him and see how it goes. He might not turn out nice enough to be deemed good enough for the contest

actually this wouldnt' work

i'd have to put him together for the competition...which means i wouldn't be able to fit him in for the flight home

5 people like this