nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1131 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Ok, so somewhere... in all this Epic Weekend... I hope... just maybe... that I'll run into someone that I actually know in real life...  just to take it one more notch over the top!

By the end of the weekend you'll know lots of us in "real life!!"

3 people like this

16 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Maybe we should discuss the details of this now....

Timing especially....

agreed, missed out on last year's because we didn't know it was going on and had to fly home when people did it

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

By the end of the weekend you'll know lots of us in "real life!!"

Oh yeah, no doubt... and I am looking forward to it! Just the surprise of finding out that I knew another closet nerd and did not suspect it would be funny... and interesting...

4 people like this

11 hours ago, knarthex said:

Timing especially....

Here's the problem..(incoming wall o'text)

When there are 100 or so individual schedules with 3-4 days of varying activities, it would be difficult to do it any time before Sunday without still missing a few, some, or most.  Between classes, games, tours, etc, it would be pretty difficult to narrow it down to a time where everyone isn't doing something, which is why it's been hard to set a time before that. Back when we were at the HGI it was done Saturday just after the Awards Ceremony because everyone was so hyped up and it was easy to go "hey let's take a pic". That was when we didn't have to take a ride back to the hotel, because we were right there. It also seemed as if there weren't as many people looking for feedback back then vs last year.

Sunday seems like the most ideal candidate as it is the only day where most people only have the auction scheduled. Doing it before the auction is a possibility but there are always people who are late or out doing things before it. I think there even was an announcement made over the PA last year that it would be done after the auction, but I might be wrong. If not, then this year I'll see if I can get a Reaper representative to make an announcement over the PA with whenever it is decided.

Also, from my experience, every year has been completely different. This being my fourth RCon though doesn't give me a large pool of examples though.But, here's my honest opinion. The beauty of the pictures was in the spontaneous nature of them. Setting a date/time to it kinda makes it more of a class picture than a snapshot of a moment. Whatever the group decides though, I'll try to make it happen.

6 people like this

Is this kind of like how every single year I always manage to miss artist/forumite sophie says? @_@ every year. 

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, MissMelons said:

Is this kind of like how every single year I always manage to miss artist/forumite sophie says? @_@ every year. 

Is there a time (other than the three scheduled) that you could attend one?  We can compare schedules and I can add another one... though others may do some too...

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Is there a time (other than the three scheduled) that you could attend one?  We can compare schedules and I can add another one... though others may do some too...

Its a an 'after hour's' survival sophie says. Wont find it on a schdedule. It's been pretty spontaneous the last few times they've happened.

3 people like this

Ah... I see... yeah... well, I won't be running that, but I'll try to find it... oh wait... that implies the firepit and dare liquids... 

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Ah... I see... yeah... well, I won't be running that, but I'll try to find it... oh wait... that implies the firepit and dare liquids... 

It doesn't honestly. Does it imply silliness? Absolutely, but the dare liquids and kraken punch are for the fire pit. The splashing of paint, painting with your hair, with someone elses hair, with your fingers, with someone elses fingers and watching Shoshi paint a model to near awesome perfection when doing all of this, can be expected at the convention center,

BUUUUUUT knowing my luck, it willbe held impulsively at the hotel this time or something.

5 people like this

The excitement is starting to be a real thing for me now.

Unfortunately, I'm also starting to get pretty anxious; I've got NOTHING done to bring with me for the painting contest. I've got some ideas, but I need to stop being away from home so fething much so I can actually work on them.

7 people like this

I just booked my room; it's starting to feel real now! ::o:

I'm holding off on buying the plane tickets until we know 100% what MrBoot's work situation is, though, since everything else (con ticket, classes, hotel room) can be easily cancelled and refunded. It's looking very very promising, but we've had the rug yanked out from under us too many times for me to feel comfortable getting the plane tickets before the ink is dry, so to speak. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

8 people like this

Fingers crossed for you, OneBoot!

3 people like this

19 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

More to the point, remember to /use the camera/ - this is the part I have trouble with. >.>

This! I my many years of attending, I rarely ever take photos.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 7/14/2017 at 7:56 PM, knarthex said:

Timing especially....

For last two years running, we have organized a forum group picture Saturday night, right after the awards were handed out, didn't we?

Edited by klarg1
1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

For last two years running, we have organized a forum group picture Saturday night, right after the awards were handed out, didn't we?

That had been the case but 2016 was on Sunday after the auction.

4 people like this