nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1131 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mr Melons said:

Factual.

I had to step down as President of the "Husband's who have wives that paint" club (our motto is 'our wives paint em and we play with em') because I became a painter.  So, cherish the moments you get to keep the SWAG....

Of course, if you give her something nice from your swag bag, there are other rewards than just painting... just sayin'

6 people like this

3 hours ago, Harrek said:

But she understands it is my hobby and supports it of course.  Much in the way I do hers.  It all works out.  But would be nice if she was interested in the ReaperCon trip.

This is my husband exactly. ^_^ He's a gamer, very much not a painter (though goodness knows I've tried), and just isn't interested enough to go and hang around for four days while I'm in classes.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

6 people like this

Two years ago I brought the whole family to ReaperCon. They all wanted to understand what dad thinks is so special about it. It was awesome on so many levels, not the least of which was quadruple swag bag plunder. Although they enjoyed the event, they were happy to surrender figures and paint as they have other interests. My wife has made an effort to paint and she doesn't mind it, she would much prefer to knit or crochet, build Legos, or zentangle. All of which we can do while in each others company, so we still hobby together, even if it's not the same thing.

8 people like this

Thats why my wife and I will set up a coloring station this year.  Last year it started as a way for her to stay occupied during the day and turned into a social hang out space.  We've got a couple hundred gel pens we'll be bringing this year and some coloring books.. 

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Winner winner, bacon barbecue dinner!

Tsk! Tsk!

You've been to ReaperCon. You should know better.

:devil:

14 hours ago, Harrek said:

My wife isn't even a gamer at all.  She thinks we are all silly!  :lol:

She is not necessarily wrong. :poke:

Edited by klarg1
8 people like this

55 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

Thats why my wife and I will set up a coloring station this year.  Last year it started as a way for her to stay occupied during the day and turned into a social hang out space.  We've got a couple hundred gel pens we'll be bringing this year and some coloring books.. 

Years past, coloring stations have been a hit. 

It's funny my first year I played in a D&D game ran by ReaperBryan. Ever since that, I've ran at least one D&D game while I'm down there. Now it's a D&D game per day, ha ha. Evolution!

6 people like this

41 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

Tsk! Tsk!

You've been to ReaperCon. You should know better.

:devil:

I've not done the M&G BBQ dinner yet. This year I'm arriving on Wednesday so I'll be there!

9 people like this

1 minute ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I've not done the M&G BBQ dinner yet. This year I'm arriving on Wednesday so I'll be there!

Speaking of, did you get your flight times yet?  PM me so that I can keep that on my radar when you have it...

2 people like this

Just now, Grayfax said:

Speaking of, did you get your flight times yet?  PM me so that I can keep that on my radar when you have it...

Oh yeah! I'll PM them to you. 

1 person likes this

Gah! How on earth?!?! Inventorying the Reaper figures aka PC pregens that I got on Saturday & finally noticed I'm missing a whole game's worth of pregens!!! Granted I can take figures from anther game & just use those but I figure eh, different level, new figure. I will have to remedy that today.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Set up an area where people can stand to take a selfie with "generic plain background".

Have everyone post/send a selfie to Specific Forumite who volunteers.

Have all selfies combined via Photoshop (or other equitable program) into Forumite ReaperCon photo.

Win!

Edited by Aryanun
3 people like this

As a Photographer, I call "NOT IT!" cause I am not hauling around equipment with a lot of people around.  I'll be perfectly happy snapping some shots with my iPhone... and I'll wish "GOOD LUCK!" to anyone wanting to potentially Photoshop that many people into one cohesive unit with varying levels of light throughout the day and night.  *** shudders ***

4 people like this

I think we're severely overcomplicating the act of taking a group photo.

11 people like this

2 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I think we're severely overcomplicating the act of taking a group photo.

Agreed. We just set a time and all meet up like after a dinner and get a non-forum member to take the pic for us and share it with the rest via bookface and/or post it on the forum like the last couple of years. 

5 people like this

It sounds like the most popular option is to just do two pictures and if you're a forumite, try to get into at least one?

• Saturday, before the banquet
  • Sunday, after the auction

It's simple, there's no photoshop involved (unless someone really wants) and at least one of those options should work for most people?

5 people like this