nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1411 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, haldir said:

Yup!!

Sigh, excited that my Ducks football game is a week away & ReaperCon a little over a month after that but I had to bury one of the bunnies today. Since they are "wild" bunnies we just let them come & go whenever they feel like it, well my daughter went out with her grandfather this morning & suddenly she came back inside, distraught saying "Bugs got hit!" (1st rule of attachment, don't name them!!) So I put my shoes on & went to see what happened. My F-i-L was coming down the road with the smaller of the two bunnies in his hand. She must have gotten hit in the night as she was pretty stiff & was far gone. My daughter didn't know what to do, so we just put her in a plastic bag & we had a empty 20 pack of Coke box. We put her in there for the time being. Eventually I got a call from my wife at work saying daughter said to bury her by "Molly's tree" (Molly was the family guinea pig). 

Did the deed, really wish if we are using the backyard as a graveyard, our dirt was a hell of lot softer... Thou it was inevitable in this neighborhood. Even thou we live like a block away from a school zone, people just zip as fast as they can. :angry:

It's too bad, that little bunny was a character. I just looked out the kitchen window & the other one was laying near the ground where I buried the other one. Kinda of a heart gripper there. ::(:

Always sad to lose a buddy. Especially like that. :(

On 8/31/2017 at 11:54 AM, klarg1 said:

I am becoming concerned about my ability to produce a worthy contest entry, given my schedule this year (not letting up any time soon), but I'm still excited to hang out, paint, and learn.

This is exactly where I'm at, too.

1 person likes this

Bunnies are always such fleeting visitors--one way or another.  :down: We have "acquired" the neighbor's cat...  sort of.  We don't feed him, but he keeps stopping by the house to get attention.  The other day he tried to get in with us when we loaded up the minivan.   :rolleyes: 

I'm really hoping that my painting slump ends soon or I won't have much to bring to the con.  Back to school and Bones 4 has been very distracting, which isn't exactly helping.  I'd settle for a single, decent piece at this point.  :unsure:  

4 people like this

28 minutes ago, terminalmancer said:

Always sad to lose a buddy. Especially like that. :(

Again, they weren't ours nor did we claim them, but we didn't want to see them starve or die like that. The owners of the house where they originated from are fixing it up (house turned into a rental), & I noticed they've been feeding them as well. My daughter, even thou she is 19, does get attached to her emotions & fuzzy critters. I'm just glad grandpa was here to help comfort her & to get her out of here for awhile.

On a happier note, gonna finish up a bunch of figures today for ReaperCon. One adventure's minis (besides PCs) is DONE!! WAGGHHHH!!!!

I think after lunch I'll just do that. Take my mind off the bunny at least. 

7 people like this

5 minutes ago, haldir said:

Again, they weren't ours nor did we claim them, but we didn't want to see them starve or die like that. The owners of the house where they originated from are fixing it up (house turned into a rental), & I noticed they've been feeding them as well. My daughter, even thou she is 19, does get attached to her emotions & fuzzy critters. I'm just glad grandpa was here to help comfort her & to get her out of here for awhile.

On a happier note, gonna finish up a bunch of figures today for ReaperCon. One adventure's minis (besides PCs) is DONE!! WAGGHHHH!!!!

I think after lunch I'll just do that. Take my mind off the bunny at least. 

Well, that's why I said buddy, not pet.

My wife lived on a farm growing up, and they had lots of cats that lived outdoors. When a cat died, you wouldn't typically realize it until you stopped seeing the cat come around anymore.

2 people like this

Just now, terminalmancer said:

My wife lived on a farm growing up, and they had lots of cats that lived outdoors. When a cat died, you wouldn't typically realize it until you stopped seeing the cat come around anymore.

Yah the last few days they wouldn't come around & then there they were.

Again, I knew it might happen, still doesn't make any easier to understand. Nice to see the bigger one (they are/were different breeds) around but gonna miss seeing the little one.

5 people like this

Now I'm sad for the poor bunny. Hah.

I've got a bunch of adventures, Pathfinder Society-related and not, to prepare for this weekend. If I'm good I'll get done preparing tomorrow and I'll have the U.S. holiday on Monday to paint. I haven't painted in two months! I don't know what's wrong with me...

1 minute ago, haldir said:

Yah the last few days they wouldn't come around & then there they were.

Again, I knew it might happen, still doesn't make any easier to understand. Nice to see the bigger one (they are/were different breeds) around but gonna miss seeing the little one.

It always does happen in the end; they don't live that long... but you hate to see 'em go. Poor little guys.

5 people like this

Don't really think it needs its own thread.

Just a reminder about traffic on 35 just north of Denton. Much of 35South from mile marker 268 to at least 264 is closed to one lane between 8PM and 6AM. So if you're coming from north of Denton on 35, try to arrive before 8PM and preferably 7:30PM. When I arrived Friday for the countdown party, traffic was at a literal stop at mile marker 270 at 8:15PM.

3 people like this

One of the things I don't miss about Dallas is the traffic.  I-35 has been a parking lot since I first drove on it in the early 90's. They keep working on it and it never changes. 

I am slowly but surely making progress on the costume.  I don't know if I'll have an entry. I had one started, but I haven't been able to paint, and it is not looking like I will be able to finish.  So much to do between now and Nov, not just for Rcon. 

1 person likes this

On 9/2/2017 at 10:23 AM, LittleBluberry said:

Bunnies are always such fleeting visitors--one way or another.  :down: We have "acquired" the neighbor's cat...  sort of.  We don't feed him, but he keeps stopping by the house to get attention.  The other day he tried to get in with us when we loaded up the minivan.   :rolleyes: 

That sounds like a few of the cats we have in our apartment. My wife loves cats (even though she's allergic), and always cares for the ones wandering around. One of them decides to just jump in our van and make itself at home, and another just comes right into the house and sits down under my son's high chair:)

3 people like this

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

One of the things I don't miss about Dallas is the traffic.  I-35 has been a parking lot since I first drove on it in the early 90's. They keep working on it and it never changes. 

I am slowly but surely making progress on the costume.  I don't know if I'll have an entry. I had one started, but I haven't been able to paint, and it is not looking like I will be able to finish.  So much to do between now and Nov, not just for Rcon. 

Totally agree with you. In my many years of coming to the Con each year, there is always something different going on along that interstate. 

1 person likes this

On 8/31/2017 at 7:05 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Yep.  Still going.  Will be taking the time off unpaid.

Same here.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:11 PM, knarthex said:

Are people bringing their Plush toys to Con????

I think I'm gonna bring my Plushie Dragonette....

Yup. Sadly I've not had time to make a lightsaber or robes for him. 

My diorama is... in... progress... and if I can refrain from cutting myself open and bleeding on it...

Aside from that, I have NO IDEA what else to work on... actually I have lots of ideas, but no idea what I can get done over the next... 7 weeks?  It sounds like such a long time.

3 people like this

I thought all successful projects needed a bit of blood...

3 people like this

On 9/1/2017 at 8:11 PM, knarthex said:

Are people bringing their Plush toys to Con????

I think I'm gonna bring my Plushie Dragonette....

Is this a thing now?  

1 person likes this

Convinced the boyfriend to come with me to Reapercon, must induct him into the madness!!! Mwhwhahaha!!!!!!

9 people like this