nytflyr

So, who is excited about ReaperCon 2017

1382 posts in this topic

Just now, Sirithiliel said:

i always give my tokens away, we never go back to the convention on sunday since we fly out so early

though one year you did get me a Kraken towel which i still treasure, Pcktlnt

Didn't know you were after that until Ub3r let us know when we won. So our two little groups were bidding against each other. =)

I appreciated your donation last year. It helped win the Maggotcrown mousepad.

6 people like this

I have a question about the swag bag.  Since I won't be going I will be trying to buy a swag bag through the web store, I think I remember someone telling me that they cost roughly $40. 

Is it worth that much?

What are Reaper bucks?

You may get some or all of this: (from the Reapercon site)

"

This year, you'll get:

• A Reaper Miniatures lanyard so you don’t have to stick your badge in your hat like a 1920’s reporter.
  • Three Special Edition Reaper Master Series Paints: Retro Slate, Retro Emerald, and Retro Elderberry
  • One metal 2017 ReaperCon Sophie sculpted by Bob Ridolfi
  • One metal 2017 Convention Zombie "ConCrud" sculpted by Gene Van Horne
  • Your Choice of one of 4 Faction Miniatures.
  • One collectible ReaperCon 2017 program
  • One ReaperCon 2017 paint cup (for all your painting needs)
  • $250 Reaper Bucks. Don’t spend it all at once.
  • A ReaperCon Trick or Treat punch card. Fill it up and get an awesome prize!
  • One ReaperCon 2017 commemorative ballpoint pen
  • A Reaper U notebook, handy for taking notes in all of those classes you’re enrolled in.
  • Some cool new Base Boss bases!
  • Prize tickets. For prizes.
  • A Con Crud Crusher packet. Because nobody likes con crud.
  • A super cool ReaperCon bag to carry all of this stuff around in.

"

Reaperbucks are convention only "money" you can use to bid on the auction at the end of the show Sunday. Worthless to you if you aren't there. Likewise the prize tickets are drawn at the con, must be present to win. The punch card is no good to you either. 

However, the 3 paints and 3 figures add up to roughly $40 retail.  Plus there may be stuff from other vendors attending the con. I don't know. 

Edited by Inarah
6 people like this

Thanks!  I'll just wait and see if anything else is added but like you said the 3 paints and 3 figures equals roughly that.  I also saw something that they might add some additional things from other vendors.

Plus I imagine if it does cost $40 then I should be able to get the 25 anniversary figure for that month.  So that would be at least 4 figures.

Edited by NecroMancer
4 people like this

It's looking like I might be able to make it this year! Granted there are a lot of variables that would need to be taken into consiteration, but since I'm hopefully going to be moving soon to that part of the world and greyhound goes thru Lewisville...I might just be able to do it!

10 people like this

I've almost gotten my hotel reservation set up. The Fairfield wouldn't let me book Sunday night as part of the convention block, so I'm going to have to call and negotiate the last night with them directly.

I'll try to do that tonight...

5 people like this

Updated my hotel reservation to match with our flight dates.  Bryan was his usual awesome self and fixed our class issues.  Babysitting is lined up, flight is booked, documents are all in hand.  I feel like there was something else I was supposed to do to prepare, what could that be....  

Right.  Paint something.  Really behind on that item.  :rolleyes:  

9 people like this

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

Right.  Paint something.  Really behind on that item.  :rolleyes:  

You're in very good company!

7 people like this

*Sigh* I hate being a responsible adult sometimes. There are 2 dates for a training session that work will pay for. The Thursday of ReaperCon and December. I was going to go in December, but now my boss is leaving and I really do not like one of the candidates for his replacement. So I have decided to do the professionally responsible thing and go in October. The original plan was to head up on Wednesday and enjoy the entire Convention and it just keeps getting pushed back. Now I just have to decide how I want to get there. 

2 people like this

30 minutes ago, Keianna said:

*Sigh* I hate being a responsible adult sometimes. There are 2 dates for a training session that work will pay for. The Thursday of ReaperCon and December. I was going to go in December, but now my boss is leaving and I really do not like one of the candidates for his replacement. So I have decided to do the professionally responsible thing and go in October. The original plan was to head up on Wednesday and enjoy the entire Convention and it just keeps getting pushed back. Now I just have to decide how I want to get there. 

:down: 

2 people like this

53 minutes ago, Keianna said:

We're not arriving until Thursday evening, you'll be in good company.  A fair few people stay until Monday, maybe that could make up for it?

2 people like this

1 of 4 entries for the Painters category complete!!  Progress!. 

May or may not get the Ordnance entry complete. ::(:

5 people like this

Sadly, I have just about given up on finding the time to prepare a painters entry between now and the con.

Hobby time may be hard to come by in the coming weeks.

1 person likes this

As far as Reaperbucks, even thou I'm there for the auction every year the last few years I've given mine out to my players for various rpg accomplishments during my games. So you get the bucks for playing & for things I feel like you deserved. I've gotten a couple of fantastic items from the auction over the years so I'm content in letting others get something these days.

5 people like this

On 9/14/2017 at 1:23 PM, klarg1 said:

I've almost gotten my hotel reservation set up. The Fairfield wouldn't let me book Sunday night as part of the convention block, so I'm going to have to call and negotiate the last night with them directly.

I'll try to do that tonight...

I did that and had 0 problems with them; they just tacked it on my account. It was great!

5 people like this