Bones rats and translucents...

Bones rats and translucents

Pic links to full size,

Kev!

Edited by Kev!
fix image
  • Like 19

A useful batch of antagonists!

Somehow those rats look extra disturbing placed together like that.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      The club's next Ghost Archipelago campaign starts this coming Saturday, so I am taking advantage of the day off to make sure that I am ready.  We are starting with new crews, and my new spell caster (warden) has a spell to create a little piece of blocking terrain, so I decided that I had better make a few today.  I am hoping/expecting that 6 of them should be enough. The parapet is supposed to be 2" long and a half inch high, so I pulled out some 50mm cavalry bases to stack stones on.  

Step One:

Glue on stones and wait for things to dry.

• By Auberon
      Some time ago I picked up some Vallejo Verdigris, but I'm not sure I ever used it.  This skeleton was a test case to see how the wash handled.  Like most Vallejo, it was a little thick out of the bottle, but the color is right.  With a some practice it'll make for easy aging of metal.

• By ManvsMini
      Hi all,

Not only is this my first WIP post, it's actually the first pic shared of anything I've ever painted with anyone (excluding family). A bit nervous, but figured I would try it out to help achieve my work goals.

Got this guy with the first Bones Kickstarter, and always envisioned painting him up like an infernal from the Warcraft universe. (Side question, what is the policy on posting reference material?)

Right now he's mostly just basecoated and drybrushed with lighter greys, but I'm planning to make some glowing eyes, and some glow coming from between the major cracks between rocks and his fists. It's my first attempt as OSL, so I'm going to go pretty basic. I almost scrapped the glow completely, but hey, fortune favors the bold, right?

Really glad I got him in Bones. I have a copy of him from the old P-65 line (unpainted, unopened), and there is no way I wouldn't end up dropping him during the course of painting.

-MvM
    • By Auberon
      One of my goals this year is to work through my pile of unpainted Bones from all the kickstarters.  First up, a mini that was used as a test piece and then put back to gather dust for a few years.  It was painted fairly quickly using glaze technique, which helped keep me from fussing over the details. One mini off the shelf of shame (or rather, out of the plastic box of shame).

• By aku-chan
      https://imgur.com/W2NvtQC
      https://imgur.com/CoB0ov8
      https://imgur.com/VPqucvu
      https://imgur.com/LLnJilq

'In the far west of the Borderlands, there is a land that spends a quarter of every year in darkness, the only light coming from the great gatherings of Sunstalkers that cover the plains.
      The locals tell a tale, about how the Sunstalkers, being the children of Night, aid her in her endless battle against Day by trying to eat the Sun. Whenever the Sun reaches the horizon the Sunstalkers gather, only to be held at bay by a mysterious person known as The Dawn Maiden.
      However, the constant battling eventually tries her out and inevitably she must leave the Sun unguarded, at which point it is devoured.
      In the end, her strength replenished, The Dawn Maiden returns and hunts down every Sunstalker, the indigestible fragments of Sun causing them to glow in the darkness. She cuts open their bloated bellies, reassembles the Sun piece by piece and releases it back into the sky to restart the cycle.'

Presenting the Sunstalker, a monster from the game Kingdom Death: Monster.

I don't really have the patience (or big enough brushes) for larger minis like this, so kept it super simple with lots of drybrushing. Despite that, I think it looks pretty good, so I'm happy.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)