Sign in to follow this  
canuckotter

89005: Amiri, iconic barbarian

Decided to start playing with the Vampire box Chaoswolf won for me at the auction, and pulled out this fine lady. Mostly just messing around at this point, my blending is terrible and her face is almost embarrassing... But oh well, she's for fun and practice. Definitely have to bring up the highlights a lot more on her armour, she's even darker in person than in the picture once the big bright light is turned off.

post-14300-0-33527600-1477622618_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Was fun watching you go from bare bones to this on the hangout!

Looking good so far!

Gotta try to remember all the stuff you learned, and practice practice practice!!!!!!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      03823: Day of the Dead Duchess sculpted by Derek Schubert .  I bought this figure a couple of years ago when it first came out but I had a hard time getting a vision of what it should look like.  Then someone asked me to paint it for them, so I went searching for inspiration.  Turns out, there are a lot of people who dress like this for the festival and there are lots of photos, so here's my interpretation.  C&C welcome.

• By Geoff Davis
      89012: Lem, Iconic Bard sculpted by Derek Schubert.  This guy was supposed to be a speed paint, but I got too interested in putting diamond patterns on his clothes. 

• By Schirf
      Haven't had a ton of time to paint this summer but I've managed to get a few things done. I've also been working on my basing. 
      I plan on going back and adding some OSL to Damien but saving that for another day.
      The Familiar is from GW, cira 1994 and was a fun little guy to paint.

C&C welcome and encouraged.

• By Pingo
      These are a couple of modern undead, Reaper's 03383: Vampire Spawn sculpted by Derek Schubert.

I didn't make a WIP thread for them. Question, comments, and critiques are welcome as always.

• By Sophie was taken
      The second mini from the Layer Up! Learn to Paint Kit, Ingrid the Gnome Thief:

A fun little mini. She taught me that I love to overdo shadows. This is very evident on her cape, though glazing did help a little bit. On the bright side, the sculpt has some big, expressive eyes, and I think both came out halfway decent for a change.

This one has a fun base, as well. Lots of details to pick out, and the instructions have a neat combo for painting mossy patches that I’ll have to steal for future use. Feedback is appreciated!

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 114 Guests (See full list)