nakos

Special Edition Paints

22 posts in this topic

I was sorting my paints by number to find what holes I had and I noticed that I seem to have almost all of the special edition paints.

My first question is where can I find 096651 Hallowed Orange, 09654 Darksteel Purple, 09656 Elven Skin, and 09657 Faded Black?

My second question is will Reaper ever redo these colors like some of the other special edition paints?

1 person likes this

I found this list of special paints made by Wren and filled in after 09671.

09651   Hallowed Orange (I believe this is the same colour as first series Pro Paint 8050 Hawkwood)

09652   Sophie Silver (metallic)

09653   Deadrose Red HD 

09654   Darksteel Purple

09655   Bubblegum Pink

09656   Elven Skin

09657   Faded Black

09658   Christmas Wreath

09659   Ginger Cookie

09660   Powderburn Brown

09661   Pirate Gold (metallic)

09662   Clouded Sea (reprint of discontinued 9194)

09663   Big Top Red

09664   Carnival Purple

09665   Clockwork Brass (metallic)

09666   Desert Sky

09667   Rattlesnake Leather

09668   Cactus Flower

09669   Reptilian Green

09670   Pumpkin Orange

09671   Golden Glow

09672   Briar Rose

09673   Bright Silver Metallic

09674   Sky Steel Metallic

09675   Shadow Silver Metallic

09676   Frontier Blue

09677   Rich Green

09678   Aquamarine Blue

09679   Drow Nipple Pink

09680   Spectral White

09681   Prom Night Pink

09682   Stark Naked HD

09683   Morning After Blues Bones

09684   Ghostly Moss

09685   Copreal Shadow

09686   Gothic Crimson

And just to complete it, the unnumbered Breast Cancer Pink.

5 people like this

I didn't realize there were so many!  I wants them all!

4 people like this

I am missing more than I thought, but I have more than half. I am missing:

I wish I had the means to fill the gaps.

1 person likes this

Would make an awesome RCon limited edition paint set.. just saying..  

2 people like this

I found this list of special paints made by Wren and filled in after 09671.

Thanks a ton for making that list. I have 12 of them and I'm thrilled to have each one.  :bday:

They're like legendary pokemon. It's so awesome when you catch 'em! 

2 people like this

never understood why they dont sell "limited" colors

isnt like the license were revoked and reaper cant make those color anymore ( like blitz colors)

:mellow:

2 people like this

I think it's probably more about the fun and excitement of snagging them than anything else. They have hundreds of colors in the MSP, HD & Bones paint lines already. Some of the exclusive colors are really nice like Deadrose Red, Ginger Cookie, Frontier Blue or Ghostly Moss, but you can probably mix up fairly close equivalents with their normal paint lines. There isn't anything that we can't paint without the exclusive colors but it's very satisfying to get some.

I already base coated a few Z:BP zombies with Ghostly Moss from the 2016 swag and it looks like it might be a nice color for them. I've been using Blue Flame for my bluish zombies but wanted a slightly greener blue for some. 

2 people like this

Its probably more along the lines of allowing Anne to continue to make colors that don't have to fit into the regular MSP color line and Reaper doesn't have to worry about trying to adjust the paint racks. At least some of those colors have been produced several times over the years.

4 people like this

Its always great with Anne has free reign of the colors. The bones line and a lot of the con colors are now irreplaceable members of my frequent rack.

5 people like this

I too would like to have all the Limited colors.  But if they were available "easily" then they loose that limited mystique.  I'll wait till they appear again sometime and be excited when they do.

I also think Anne enjoys being able to experiment and make a color without it having to go into the official line.  Pumping out the standard sort of paint all year would get tedious without this I am sure!  Some of the colors do become big hits and probably do deserve a permanent spot.  I know I have seen many people loving ones like the Drop Nipple Pink or Corporeal Shadow and being worried what they will do when it runs out as they love using it so much.  But I am also sure like everything that is said, Reaper does listen to us and wants to have happy customers and would put a paint in "production" if it was felt to be needed.  But also keep in mind that all of us here are a small part of their customer base saying these things!

3 people like this

It's always exiting whenever I find a bottle of 'sample' paint in my order.

(Typically a batch that was slightly off in colour, or possibly a failed attempt to mix up a new colour)

I call them 'Extra Special Edition' because we'll never get more of them and will have to hoard them even more carefully.

The SE paints, we know that Reaper can reproduce, but choose not to unless there's a special reason.

sure, it sucks that there are paints sold at RCon that I won't be able to get hold of(a round-trip with plane is about $800, NOT including the local flight here in Norway... ), or even paints that normal con-goers won't be able to purchase.

But then again, if I did save up for a plane ticket and a VIP pass, I could also get them...

Mostly, I consider the SE paints a reward from the goddess of Paint to those of us that often pray at the shrine (visits the store often, reads all the news and orders stuff at the right time)

Also, note that The Goddess is fickle and likes a joke just as much as the rest of us.

(I have 4 of the MSP Bones Tropical blue... )

1 person likes this

I too would like to have all the Limited colors. But if they were available "easily" then they loose that limited mystique. I'll wait till they appear again sometime and be excited when they do.

I also think Anne enjoys being able to experiment and make a color without it having to go into the official line. Pumping out the standard sort of paint all year would get tedious without this I am sure! Some of the colors do become big hits and probably do deserve a permanent spot. I know I have seen many people loving ones like the Drop Nipple Pink or Corporeal Shadow and being worried what they will do when it runs out as they love using it so much. But I am also sure like everything that is said, Reaper does listen to us and wants to have happy customers and would put a paint in "production" if it was felt to be needed. But also keep in mind that all of us here are a small part of their customer base saying these things!

Oh, I know. I was trying to be very discrete in asking if anyone was interested in a trade for colors I might have that they need or want.

1 person likes this

Whoa-ho-hooooa.

09681   Prom Night Pink

09682   Stark Naked HD

09683   Morning After Blues Bones

What happened here? :lol:

2 people like this

Whoa-ho-hooooa.

09681 Prom Night Pink

09682 Stark Naked HD

09683 Morning After Blues Bones

What happened here? :lol:

Bryan had some great stories here at ReaperCon ...

4 people like this