NightyKnight

Us R Kobolds: Pathfinder

63 posts in this topic

I'm in.  Bard it is. Mwhahaha.

1 person likes this

Do we have a trap monkey? I'm looking at Order of the Dragon (cause kobold, duh) so I'll be able to do some assisting (in a really annoying fashion, because kobold).

When you have your character sheets finished post them here, I would like you to pm me your backgrounds if you want to make one.

I'll go sorc so cav or anything else is open. Also my arch types choices are mostly appearance related. Doing the green scale (Drac) for example. None of the class arches I felt like doing.

I can't decide on my feat....Do I want a extra first level spell or something else...hmmm

Other then that I'm good to go & should have the sheet posted up later today.*

* make that today. (11/4)

Drakoniss Scalyhide

I'll get his history up later but for now there he is!!

Isn't there a tweak for bard in APG that gives them trap management?

Isn't there a tweak for bard in APG that gives them trap management?

The archaeologist arch type gets Trap Sense at 3rd level. 

I think there is another Detective archetype that does as well in exchange for bardic knowledge and performance. Not sure as I am on my phone

Just about finished. Just buying equipment and finishing up the mount. I decided to go with flavor over function. I'm rocking a klar and terbutje while my riding lizard (cave salamander) is rocking vibrantly painted wooden armor. A real Aztec/Mayan vibe. Add a reed basket carrying extra throwing spears/javalins (along with spare terbutje due to fragile weapons)and I'm at the very height of kolbold kombat fashion.

1 person likes this

Just about finished. Just buying equipment and finishing up the mount. I decided to go with flavor over function. I'm rocking a klar and terbutje while my riding lizard (cave salamander) is rocking vibrantly painted wooden armor. A real Aztec/Mayan vibe. Add a reed basket carrying extra throwing spears/javalins (along with spare terbutje due to fragile weapons)and I'm at the very height of kolbold kombat fashion.

Sounds good to me

I think there is another Detective archetype that does as well in exchange for bardic knowledge and performance. Not sure as I am on my phone

Yup 2nd level detective gets find/disable traps (replaces well versed)

I think you're full? Maybe update first posting to indicate. If not I might... uh... be a kobold. Yeah.

Back story for Jip Yap the Arbiter, cleric of the goddess of love.

you can call him Jip

Jip Yap. Since the day he was hatched, he has had it rough. Born #13 in a clutch of 25 Kobolds, he was exactly in the middle. And, Kobolds do consider the number 13 to be unlucky. The only thing that spared him was the curious birthmark on his chest.  His scales are silver, that is strange enough for his clan.  But his chest has a perfect heart-shaped birthmark in reddish-copper scales... right in the middle of his chest.  It was a good enough omen that his clan shaman advocated for him, and his life was spared.  

Jip Yap was named like the rest of his clutch-mates.  The first two guttural sounds out of his mouth became his name.  The other youngling Kobold families didn't share that naming convention, sporting cool names like "long tooth" and "bright scale."  Needless to say, the other Kobold younglings teased him about his name.  Due to his rough childhood of teasing and bullying, he learned quickly how to anticipate incoming bullying to the point of honing his sixth sense.  He also learned to placate his clutch mates, smoothing over their squabbles and arguments.  His siblings nicknamed him the draconic word for Arbiter, and the name stuck.

Later in his adolescence, he became drawn to the teachings of the goddess of love.  This was a natural outgrowth of his diplomatic ways, bullied upbringing, and heart shaped scale birthmark.  The goddess of love provided well for him, with the constant promise of acceptance.  He formalized that tradition as a cleric to the deity.  He has since coined classic Kobold sayings like "all that is needed is love," and "cannot the clutch get along in total?"

Seeing his diplomatic and loving nature, the clan elders enlisted Jip Yap's aid on several occasions in negotiations between the Kobolds and neighboring dwarves, humans, and under commoners.  He picked up their languages, and learned of their ways.

He feels he is now ready to strike out on a life of adventure, spreading the joys of his loving mistress.