NightyKnight

Us R Kobolds: Pathfinder

63 posts in this topic

My bard has the Archeologist Archetype.  Pretty sweet as he is more into collecting stories and clan history than performing.  Plus he is a trap maker, so it only make sense that he has abilities in that vein.

Weeve (Weaver of Stories)
Male kobold bard (archaeologist) 1 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 183, Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Combat 32)
CG Small humanoid (reptilian)
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +6
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 natural, +1 size)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +2
Weaknesses light sensitivity
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee spear +1 (1d6/×3)
Ranged dart +4 (1d3)
Special Attacks archaeologist's luck 8 rounds/day (+1)
Bard (Archaeologist) Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +5)
. . 1st (2/day)—ear-piercing scream[uM] (DC 15), grease
. . 0 (at will)—detect magic, lullaby (DC 14), message, summon instrument
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 11, Cha 18
Base Atk +0; CMB -1; CMD 13
Feats Dodge
Skills Craft (traps) +5, Knowledge (history) +6, Knowledge (local) +6, Linguistics +5, Perception +6, Perform (oratory) +8, Perform (percussion instruments) +8, Stealth +11; Racial Modifiers +2 Craft (traps), +2 Perception
Languages Common, Draconic, Goblin
SQ bardic knowledge +1, crafty
Other Gear leather armor, dart (12), spear, backpack, belt pouch, Bohdran, flint and steel, ink, inkpen, mirror, Tin Whistle, trail rations (5), donkey, artisan's tools, artisan's tools, bear trap, bedroll, bit and bridle, hemp rope (50 ft.), journal, mess kit, pack saddle, pot, sack, sack, sack, sack, soap, thieves' tools, waterskin, 28 gp, 6 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Archaeologist's Luck +1 (8 rounds/day) (Ex) Gain Luck bonus to attack, damage, saves, and all skills.
Bardic Knowledge +1 (Ex) Add +1 to all knowledge skill checks.
Crafty Kobolds gain a +2 racial bonus on Craft (traps), Perception, and Profession (miner) checks. Craft (traps) and Stealth are always class skills for a kobold.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Light Sensitivity (Ex) Dazzled as long as remain in bright light.

And his trusty stuff carrier:

ER (Emergency Rations)
Donkey
N Medium animal
Init +1; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10 (+1 Dex)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 40 ft.
Melee 2 hooves +2 (1d3+1)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 13, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 4
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 13 (17 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, Run
Skills Acrobatics +1 (+5 to jump with a running start, +5 to jump), Perception +5
Other Gear artisan's tools, artisan's tools, 4 bear trap[APG], bedroll, bit and bridle, hemp rope (50 ft.), journal[uE], mess kit[uE], pack saddle, pot, sack, sack, sack, sack, soap, thieves' tools, waterskin
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Endurance +4 to a variety of fort saves, skill and ability checks. Sleep in L/M armor with no fatigue.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Run Run 5x your speed in light/medium armor or 4x speed in heavy armor and keep Dex when running.
Scent (Ex)
Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.

1 person likes this

I present to you Kip Kap: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=996976

and his trusty mount, Skink: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=998081

Kip Kap is large and bulky for a kobold.  Instead of mining, he spends his time training various creatures for the tribes use as beasts of burden or mounts.  Skink is a large blue cave salamander that has been his most successful mount.  While content to spend his time helping the members of his tribe, he is more than willing to take the battle to anyone who makes it past the tribes traps.  He intentionally uses stone and wood weapons, and paints his skin in bright abstract patterns because he thinks it makes him look fierce.  When the scouts failed to return from looking for the shines, he was among the first to volunteer to go looking for them.  

1 person likes this

I present to you Kip Kap: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=996976

and his trusty mount, Skink: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=998081

Kip Kap is large and bulky for a kobold. Instead of mining, he spends his time training various creatures for the tribes use as beasts of burden or mounts. Skink is a large blue cave salamander that has been his most successful mount. While content to spend his time helping the members of his tribe, he is more than willing to take the battle to anyone who makes it past the tribes traps. He intentionally uses stone and wood weapons, and paints his skin in bright abstract patterns because he thinks it makes him look fierce. When the scouts failed to return from looking for the shines, he was among the first to volunteer to go looking for them.

Is he my sibling? 😊

Could be.

(I can't tell you how tempted I was to name him Jar Jar)

1 person likes this

So it looks like we're only waiting on one person I hope to get started mid week, most likely Wednesday or Thursday. Please have character backgrounds uploaded before then.

Thanks all I look forward to playing this with you all

NK

Murkin the grim

Kobold ranger 1 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 183)

NG Small humanoid (reptilian)

Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8

--------------------

Defense

--------------------

AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural, +1 size)

hp 11 (1d10+1)

Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +2

Weaknesses light sensitivity

--------------------

Offense

--------------------

Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

Melee dagger +1 (1d3-1/19-20) or

heavy pick +1 (1d4-1/ï¾—4)

Ranged light crossbow +3 (1d6/19-20)

Special Attacks favored enemy (animals +2)

--------------------

Statistics

--------------------

Str 9, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 9

Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 12

Feats Agile Maneuvers

Traits caretaker, dirty fighter

Skills Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump), Climb +0, Heal +7, Perception +8, Stealth +8, Survival +6, Swim +0; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception

Languages Common, Draconic

SQ track +1, wild empathy +0

Combat Gear healer's kit; Other Gear leather armor, crossbow bolts (30), dagger, heavy pick, light crossbow, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, hemp rope (50 ft.), pot, torch (10), trail rations (5), waterskin, 33 gp

--------------------

Special Abilities

--------------------

Agile Maneuvers Use DEX instead of STR for CMB

Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).

Dirty Fighter +1 damage when flanking.

Favored Enemy (Animals +2) (Ex) +2 to rolls vs. Favored Enemy (Animals) foes.

Light Sensitivity (Ex) Dazzled as long as remain in bright light.

Track +1 Add the listed bonus to survival checks made to track.

Wild Empathy +0 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com

Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Murkin, often called 'Murkin the grim'  was something of an oddity amongst the clan. An oddity in the sense that he was often distant, quiet. He would laugh and play some with the others, but always he would draw back into himself. It was as though the chaos that was a clan of kobolds was somehow sometimes draining on him. Still, he was ever a helpful presence, when he was present. Learning the art of medicine and herbs from an early age, and learning to hunt and move about upon his own latter. He would often return from his times of dissaperance with food, or less often a trophy of some sort of a dangerous creature that could have been a problem to others venturing away from the safety of home for whatever reasons.

Ok so it appears everyone is submitted, when do you guys want to start, I could start tomorrow if so desired

NK

Ok the first official post for Us R Kobolds playing is up, please follow that thread, this thread will be used for OOC interaction, the playing thread will be used for roleplaying.

I'll post my back story and first post tomorrow.  I'm too wiped right now.

My character, Weave just recently arrived at the camp a few days before the start of the campagin.  He is a medium sided kobold with green scales, flecked with silver at the edges, which gives him a frosted look.  He is dressed in actual human like clothes, with alterations made to fit him.  On his belt hangs a fine bodrahn drum with a knotted dragon painted on the skin.

At the morning fire before bed time, the cheif asks him who he is and what he brings to the tribe.

Weave begins, "My story, you say, y'all want t hear my tale? Well, sit back down thar and I'll tell ya a piece."

“I was the first to hatch o'me siblings many moons ago.  There was only fer o us that year, on a account of a late snow tha’ chilled most o’the eggs.  Mine was closest to the fire, so I made it, much to the delight o’me ma who thought none of us would hatch.â€

“Me tribe called therselves the Fable Speakers.  It’s our sworen duty to travel these here lands, meet with fine folk such as yerselves, and collect yer stories and histrys. We then take those tales and give em back t’y’all.  That way all kobold folk will know and understand where we comes from in all.â€

Fer the first many moons of me life, I sat at me great pappy’s tail and list’ned to the tales.  I loved them all and took them in ta me heart, so I could one day tell them meself.  Me pa also trained me in the drum beat of our clan, used in the telling o’the tales.  We had a great life, never really staying long in any one place, but meetin may o’fine folk, such as yerselves.â€

One day, we was travlin up away north when I went down to a human farm-camp.  Thought I’d see ifn’ they had any o’those cat things wanderin around (them’s is good eatin).  I bagged meself a large un, and left the camp to go back up the trail into the mountains where we were camped.  As I neared the camp, I knowed that sumthin was off.  It was all too silent-like and all.  I slipped into the brush before I got in sight of it and sneaked up, nice and quiet like.  There, in our clearing, were the bodies of all me kin, cut down by the cruel strokes of orc choppers.  Everything was looted out, and evry one dead.  I had nothing but that which was on me back, and the snows was comin fast.â€

“I spent the day under a bush, tryin t’sleep, but really just thought of all the tales o’me kin that I’d never hear, now lost.  I vowed right then an there to pick up where we’d left off an find those lost tales.â€

“T’survive the winter, I moved in under the small wood hut the humans keep the fluffy birds in.  There was plenty o’space to stretch out, an lots o’rats t’eat.  I spent many days watchin the humans, and listenin too.  I eventully learned their speak, enough to talk t’them.  At first they was none to happy t’have me as a neighbor.  I think they most nearly skewer’d me, but I told them I meant them no harm and wanted t’know if I could somehow pay them back fer all of their rats I’d e’ten.  They seemed amazed that I was the reason the rats had gone.  Turns out they don’t like rats at all, kin ye b’lieve it?  They let me stay the rest of the winter and all spring too. I talked much with their old pappy on the porch, when I wasn’t busy catch’in the rats.  I got lots better at their way o’speaking. It’s a fancy sort of talk.  Doesn’t translate too well to our own.  I also got me lots o new human tales.â€

“Well days came and went, and I stayed with them there fer a long whiles.  I did many a job fer them and fer many other farmers in the area.  Seems they really needed someone t’eat al the rats they had. They even paid me real coin to catch the rats, and STILL let me eat them too!  It was a great couple seasons o’me life, but eventually I got the itch to be with me kind again, and fulfill me vow.  I said g’bye t’my human famly.  They’s the ones that gived me ER or’r ther.  The old pappy also gived me this here drum that he makeded his very self. Humans aint all bad, I tell ya.â€

I spent the last several moons wanderin south in ta these here lands lookin fer others o’me kind, and here ye are and here I am.â€

1 person likes this

Apologizes for the tardiness. I should have my background info up today & hopefully a post as well. If not post will definitely come tomorrow morning.