TaleSpinner

Itty Bitty Kitties

34 posts in this topic

KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Are these for a specific project, or just for fun? Do you have plans to have them cast at some point? I'm asking because I have great need of a couple 20 tiny sitting cats for a special project. ^_^

(As always, please ignore any of my questions that you can't answer due to non-disclosure, etc. :) )

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

8 people like this

Seconding the Boot!!!!

KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I love caracals! I always give my favorite Khajiit those same little ear tufts! Ahhhh! KITTIES :wub:

5 people like this

Seconding the Boot!!!!

KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES KITTIES :wub::wub::wub::wub:

I love caracals! I always give my favorite Khajiit those same little ear tufts! Ahhhh! KITTIES :wub:

:rolleyes:

pallas_s_cat_564_600-1.jpg

Pallas Cat

7 people like this

They are for the same projects as the lions.

7 people like this

*** No Brutus! Calm Down, those kitties are not real!!!***

Tiny... wow...

2 people like this

Really loving these! How are you planning n sculpting the rear tufts? Frays of picture frame wire?

1 person likes this

Really loving these! How are you planning n sculpting the rear tufts? Frays of picture frame wire?

I actually havent decided yet, but likely I will have to hint at them as they will have to withstand the casting process.  If I sculpted them to scale they will not fill with pewter properly.

4 people like this

I tried to watch a documentary about cats last night...

ZzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :blink:

...could not stay awake. But, at one brief lucid moment they were talking to a guy that was studying snow leopards. He was leaving automated leopard cams, at 20,000 feet of altitude, hidden in rocks.

He expected to catch a female leopard once in a while. He was studying this one cat who lives closer to the sky than any other individual cat ever recorded.

But surprise! His cam caught a Pallas Cat using the same trail. (I had never before heard of the Pallas Cat until that documentary. They are funny looking little cats.)

3 people like this

Kee kats caracals! :wub:

2 people like this

You should sculpt one with a singular boot!

4 people like this

If you have decided no ear tufts...

I had a thought about the tufts. The answer to: 'what do Caracal Ears look like without tufts?' is to google "Caracal Kittens".

The kittens have less developed or non-existent tufts. But they still have the characteristic ear shape.

2 people like this

If you have decided no ear tufts...

I had a thought about the tufts. The answer to: 'what do Caracal Ears look like without tufts?' is to google "Caracal Kittens".

The kittens have less developed or non-existent tufts. But they still have the characteristic ear shape.

Oh, they will have tufts, I'm just not sure that they'll make it through the casting process.  Each tuft will have a very fine brass wire at it's core.  I'll snap a few WIP shots when I get that far.

2 people like this

hmmm...   makes you wonder if instead of sculpting the tufts the mold maker could just cut a few artfully placed vents.  

4 people like this