SamuraiJack

Kingdom Death: Monster 2

I purchased it on a Black Friday as well. Am I the only one that thought the Armor kits were super complex and rage quit putting them together and sold off everything but the starting heroes and monsters and game board.... ? Everything was beautiful, but 3 part head? 3 part arm, forearm and weapon. I will look at the kickstarter for any lower count piece plastic or resin pieces... but Overall this was just beyond my skill level...

• Like 1

There are some KD sculpts in HEC's gallery I haven't seen before.. I wonder how many poots is sitting on that no one knows about yet

how do I find HEC's gallery? 

Am I the only one that thought the Armor kits were super complex and rage quit putting them together and sold off everything but the starting heroes and monsters and game board.... ? Everything was beautiful, but 3 part head? 3 part arm, forearm and weapon. I will look at the kickstarter for any lower count piece plastic or resin pieces... but Overall this was just beyond my skill level...

For me, the quality of the plastic and ability to melt the pieces together with model glue offsets the complexity of assembly. I'm still a fan of getting to the painty part asap, but assembling the plastic models is in my opinion the least painful prep process of any material. I actually enjoy it, rather than it being a necessary evil.
  • Like 3

I'm hoping for the no minis version of the game being available.

I'm seeing some eBay sellers sell the game without the miniatures, so you might have luck that way. Or, of course, you can pick up a copy and sell off the mini's.

BTW, Thanks for the KS announcements! My wallet still hates you, though. :D

EDIT: "An upgrade pack with the rulebook and updated cards will be available for existing fans."  from the update email.  Helps to read with glasses on and on computer instead of blurry-eyed on my phone... 

I hope there's a pledge level for those of us who got the game the first time 'round. I recall there being mention of such a level (basically one that gets the extra/new stuff from the second campaign but not the new core box) but don't know if they're going to follow through on it.

You're probably remembering it from the first post of this thread. :P

Nope. I'm remembering it from one of the Kingdom Death newsletter emails about 2 or 3 months ago :p.

There are some KD sculpts in HEC's gallery I haven't seen before.. I wonder how many poots is sitting on that no one knows about yet

I don't know but I'm still waiting for that Paladin.
Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

how do I find HEC's gallery? 

Look at the Jungle KS i posted erlier

I've tried to commission Thomas David for some sculpting for my own project for a few years now, and he tells me he is full-time employed by another company and cannot do any other commissions. I'd assume that this other company is KD, and if it is so, then David has been employed by them for a long time, which would mean that they surely will have a lot of hidden sculpts available.

I purchased it on a Black Friday as well. Am I the only one that thought the Armor kits were super complex and rage quit putting them together and sold off everything but the starting heroes and monsters and game board.... ? Everything was beautiful, but 3 part head? 3 part arm, forearm and weapon. I will look at the kickstarter for any lower count piece plastic or resin pieces... but Overall this was just beyond my skill level...

I gave up on the armour kits because I couldn't work out how to pose them like normal people, mine always ended up very mannequin-like. Hence my desire for monopose versions.

• Like 2

So recent events have put a damper on my enthusiasm for this KS, and any other using Chinese manufacturing. Things are likely to get expensive over the next few years and I don't see Poots shelling out that kind of money this time around.

• Like 5

I gave up on the armour kits because I couldn't work out how to pose them like normal people, mine always ended up very mannequin-like. Hence my desire for monopose versions.

I haven't tried them yet, but even the pictures on the KDM stores show them in quite 'stiff' poses (some kits are worse than others), so i have little hope for what I can do with them

So recent events have put a damper on my enthusiasm for this KS, and any other using Chinese manufacturing. Things are likely to get expensive over the next few years and I don't see Poots shelling out that kind of money this time around.

Can you be more detailed or would that be in violation of forum rules?  I'm interested knowing more of what you mean.  

Can you be more detailed or would that be in violation of forum rules?  I'm interested knowing more of what you mean.  

I'm just guessing that he is refering to the US presidential election. But that wouldn't really explain the "any other" using Chinese manufacturing. So might be wrong. :)

I don't know what Cash is referring to in his post either but let's be careful not to turn this thread into a political discussion or posts will be removed.

Could be the repeatedly late shipments from China, too, has soured on any promise of goods from them. I just had a KS for treasure chests that were delivered from China to the KS creator with so many issues. Misbuilt, mispainted, and some growing black mold. It is not a good situation for anyone involved. And I believe a lot of KSs are having Chinese supply issues as well. Then top up the problems with Han Jin, the Korean shipping company, and it gets really frustrating.