SamuraiJack

Kingdom Death: Monster 2

Honestly, I'm using a bit of both.  plastic cement on the bigger and load bearing parts and superglue on the more delicate dressing

• Like 2

Testor's Model Master plastic cement is what I use. Great stuff for KD plastic.

Kicking off the 1.5 campaign tonight!

Conflicted.  On one hand, I think I should sleeve stuff and try to preserve everything.  On the other hand, I'm not sure I won't be buying KDM 2.0 in a couple of years and getting new sets of all of it anyway.  Or, as I posted on a Facebook topic... you spend $300 (currently) for new cards and get bonus models.  

Still have it in the brown box of holding though.  Not enough free time due to theatre since I got back from ReaperCon and had it sitting at my desk.  I have a feeling my first campaign will be solo, but I kind of want to wait till I paint the models... and I'm behind there anyway.  Odds are I'll release the Box of KrackenDeathMonster on Saturday though while my wife is at a yoga retreat and take a look at it all.  That's probably when I'll be sunk.  

• Like 2

I had a great second fight with my (painted ) butcher today.  Even had one survivor. 

I seem to be playing more than painting - its kind of odd to be playing with a mix of painted and unpainted figures.  

I really need to finish the first 4 survivors.  I'm less worried about my 1.5 figures in Rawhide suits. 

in the early part of the game it is really hard to get armor from the hunted creatures, or to get the right innovation to make leather armor. 

maybe ill try farming the lion - okay anyone without luck on their weapon has to use their hands,   we need those bonus resources from crits! 

My second settlement is on year 4, and doing much better, im going to need my phoenix assembled soon .. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 2

And I dropped the last piece of my lion down into the couch.. so now I may need to flip the couch and cut the bottom open to get the foot out.. grrr

• Haha 2
  • Sad 4

Our first settlement has reached year three.  From my perspective we are amazingly successfful we have people and resources and innovations and a green savior born to us... so I can pretty much expect the village dead by  year 5.

The antelope has called out to us.  We must seek it

• Like 3

I'm happy to have survived the prologue. I realized a couple rules I got wrong last time, so we barely scraped by because it was a grabfest. Not only did he draw grab early (putting him out of range), he grabbed as a reaction. Twice (thanks to trap reshuffle). Then grab was his last AI card, I was humming yakety sax as we chased him around.

I was amazed to have escaped any rolls on the serious injury table, including one near brain injury. I named the settlement after the survivor who was the main grab target (cue Tom Petty stop draggin' my survivor around), who ended up with a wounded brain and heavy injuries to the chest, legs and feet. Such lucky hit location dice!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Our first settlement has reached year three.  From my perspective we are amazingly successfful we have people and resources and innovations and a green savior born to us... so I can pretty much expect the village dead by  year 5.

The antelope has called out to us.  We must seek it

Any kind of Saviour by year 3 is really fortunate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Any kind of Saviour by year 3 is really fortunate.

I just went from none before year 5, to three by year 7 (one at five and TWO at six)...although I lost my best survivor last night to keep from being too excited and lucky.

• Like 1

Should get my 1.5 upgrade box today (it's 4 hours and 18 minutes away).

Now the long wait for the wave 3 stuff begins, 2019 wasn't it?

Any hints this year that we might get another restock and black Friday sale?  Since indent do the book of face I am usually the last to know these things ::):