I'd like to commission one ring of power. For personal use. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oooooo, looks perfect! Well done! ::D: 

Are you going to leave them as they are or darken with liver of sulphur? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julia said:

Oooooo, looks perfect! Well done! ::D: 

Are you going to leave them as they are or darken with liver of sulphur? 

Thanks.

This round, I'll probably leave them as they are, as I haven't yet obtained any LoS.  I thought about it, but for now am happy with them.  Maybe that will be a goal for the next casting of them. :)

Have you ever tried playing with a torch on silver to purposefully induce firescale as a darkener?

• Like 2

If you find yourself in a spot where you don't have any LoS, you can get the patina with boiled and smashed eggs. It just takes longer to produce a dark coating.

I have played around with a torch and tried to get a nice color, but personally didn't like uneven patina it produced. In time the color difference is very visible and when there's spots that will darken more than others, the end result is not that appealing...it might have its uses, but have yet to find a design where it would work. At the moment I'm struggling to keep the silver nice and shiny; stored almost everything into sealed zip-locks with an anti-tarnish strips. It starts to get really frustrating when there's over 40 small pieces that needs to be cleaned in a regular basis, so that the tarnish doesn't get too deep. Have started to make more items that has a deep patina other than a high polish, just because I'm spending more time re-polishing than making new items to sell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can get small amounts of LoS (still probably last you ages for this small stuff) on a popular auction site for quite cheap compared to the big sculpture supply people, get the solid form; premixed it won't keep.  From what I've read...

Kang

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Evilhalfling
      I painted this figure as a white 2 years ago,  it took about 6 weeks of painting individual scales. 
      When I was done I thought it would probably look just as good if I drybrushed it.   I got the second one from a mini exchange or goodwill box, Dry brushing the body this time took 3 days. 
      For the wings I was inspired by a bearded dragon. 
      The nest was added per MiniSpawns request.  It was a stretch goal freebie from Oathsworn's Sensible Shoes line. 
      I have 2 bronze hatchlings as well, on TMM like the mother and one NNM. 

• By Jasonator
      I have actually been painting, sadly I'm no longer as fast as I used to be.  I just wanted to post a photo of two Tom Meirer Elf's
      that I am currently painting.  I have gotten a bit ambitious as to the guards, and also the basing project.  So when it is done, I will
      post in the show off Forum.  I have gotten rather fond of the plastic vise grippers to hold the miniatures. 

• By Gadgetman!
      Bunny Girls, modeled by Brother vinnie. Need I say more?

There's also a set of bunnies to choose for those who need a familiar or just to add to a diorama.

• By FrostLocke
      Been playing this silly board game with my siblings called Quartz where you all play dwarven miners who mine for valuable gems. The day marker that comes with the game is just a lame little yellow piece of wood, so I set out to find something better to replace it. Ended up settling on the pack mule with plans to paint it gold. Then for no reason whatsoever it occurred to me that maybe it would be fun for each player to have their own little dwarf character that does absolutely nothing in the game itself. So I added pretty much every Dwarf that Reaper sells to my cart as well. My goal was to paint the pack mule with Vallejo liquid gold and all the dwarves with a bronze-like metal paint. Below is the result, and keep in mind I have never painted before...

You may notice that two of these are not dwarves. Well I would counter that by telling you that one of them is an undead dwarf brought back to life by the sheer need to mine fancy gems, while the other is a tavern wench who's legs I MAY have chopped off to make her dwarf height. So for all intents and purposes, she is a dwarf.

I used Vallejo Liquid Gold on the mule and MSP Dwarven Gold (mixed with varying amounts of MSP Dragon Black) on the dwarves. Also shaded them with MSP Sepia Wash then sealed them up with Vallejo Satin Varnish.
      Oh and fun fact, if you want to add heft to a 32mm round base a sacagawea coin fits perfectly inside and adds just the right amount of weight. Also threw on a 32mm washer.
    • By Pingo
      Happy anniversary, darlin’, and thanks for twenty-five wonderful years. 
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)