Sign in to follow this  
jsalyers

Help sorting out my CAV bits

I picked up 8 pounds of metal CAV at the factory during ReaperCon. I feel like a genius...

Until, I begin to sort the models out and realize I have no idea what goes with what. I'm new to the game and other than owning the book and the aforementioned 8 pounds of minis don't know much about it.

Any resources you can suggest to help me puzzle out which legs go with which torso, which go with...

etc...

Thanks!

J--

Your best bet?

Organize all the parts into categories ( legs, torsos, guns, etc.) and post pics of them... The folks here should be able to identify them by sight in short order.

Also, by studying the pics of the models in the Reaper online store and comparing them to the pile of parts you have, you should be able to sort them by model number and then figure out how many complete figures you have and how many leftover bits. I don't know if the older metal ones are still shown in the store, but the newer plastic ones are, and should be good enough to use as reference pics.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

I picked up 8 pounds of metal CAV at the factory during ReaperCon.

Until, I begin to sort the models out and realize I have no idea what goes with what.

Any resources you can suggest to help me puzzle out which legs go with which torso, which go with...

for metal CAV models, which are not available online, try using the old Casketworks Catalogs for identification purposes.

try issue #21

• Like 1

What's a guy gotta do to get a few pounds of CAV around here anyway?    ::D:

Show up to ReaperCon... Preferably with a shovel, and a bucket, lol.

• Like 2

Any word on this?

We are working on getting pics up of all the models and hope to have it complete by the end of this Nov.

Any word on this?

We are working on getting pics up of all the models and hope to have it complete by the end of this Nov.

-- Its still on the list. Ive been able to code some of the website that it will be going up but Ive had to switch off trying to get other CAV related projects finished as well.

• Like 1

Ludo,

As a follow up, if you are using the CAVCP program, did you notice the new tab we added with a picture of each model to the offcial card? This is a great tool for new players especially to "know" what a design looks like and can be used to ID parts.

Finally got some work done on this and I thought I'd start with the vehicles since I had fewer and they seemed easier to recognize.

Name Qty Code Faction
RMI Challenger 1 07013 Adon Economic Confederation
MarkIV Poltergeist 2 07035 Empire of Malvernis
Grundor house hunter 2 07056 Empire of Malvernis
RMI Bishop 1 07049 Empire of Malvernis
Grundor House Thug 1 07021 Empire of Malvernis
Revenant CAV 2 07082 Empire of Malvernis
Mark IV Wraith 1 07044 Empire of Malvernis
Grundor House Butcher 2 07059 Empire of Malvernis
Hughes Marietta Sabre AFV 4 07068 Grand Order of the Temple
Hughes Marietta Flail AFV 1 07069 Grand Order of the Temple
Hughes Marietta lance 2 07029 Grand Order of the Temple
Hughes Marietta Centurion 1 07060 Grand Order of the Temple
Hughes Marietta Spartan 1 07041 Grand Order of the Temple
Hughes Marietta Sovereign 1 07018 Grand Order of the Temple
Koda Works Malefactors 1 07076 Greater Empire of the Rach
Voodoo 1 72215 Greater Empire of the Rach
Koda Works Kahn 1 07022 Greater Empire of the Rach
Koda Works Tyrant 1 07005 Greater Empire of the Rach
Whisper missile flight system 1 07024 Open
Ripper missile flight system 1 07024 Open
KDM Mastadon 1 07039 Ritterlich Republic
KDM Panther 1 07007 Ritterlich Republic
Ashigiru 4 07050 UTF
Simba 1 72218 UTF
Syram Talon 3 07037 UTF
Nightshade 1 72226 UTF

I have a few questions if anyone has time to answer.

• 75% of my primary squad is required to have the '...model task of attack..." (CAV:SO pg. 40). What tells me a model's primary task is 'attack'? Do I find this info on the 'data card'?
  • I have a model that looks like a 'Whisper Missile' but is slightly bigger with more fins. I can't find anything like it in the Casket Works nor the active Reaper CAV pages. I did see a post that mentioned the Whisper and the Ripper missile. I see a 'Ripper' missile in the data cards but have no idea what it looks like. Anyone know the story behind this model?

Thank for your help. I'm slowly pulling this together in the hopes of playing Ludo soon. :)

J--

Edited by jsalyers
Updated with more models.

J--

On the colored data cards they use the symbols as detailed on p. 37 of the core rule book. On the b&w cards from the CP program their role is stated on the card.

You can check out the two cruise missile launchers off the last KS package. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I was able to sort the missiles out via the 3D videos on Youtube.

Where do these color data cards come from?

Thanks!

J--

The color cards are on the website at cavhq.com under downloads but they are down at the moment while I worked on the site. They should be up by the end of the week again.

• Like 1