NightyKnight

Us R Kobolds: Pathfinder, The Playing

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys this is just the start up post I hope to start the game asap so here is the copyright info

©2002-2016 Paizo, Inc.®

Paizo Inc., Paizo, Pathfinder, and the Pathfinder logo are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and Pathfinder Campaign Setting are trademarks of Paizo Inc.

Thanks all

RULES:

follow the forum conduct rules, I will delete any post that infringes upon the conduct rules.

Dice roles are up to you, unless they start to get suspicous ie five nat 20s in a row, that kinda thing, Then I will take over your dice rolls.

Please post as soon as possible to keep the pbp rolling

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE:

Have Fun!!!

NK

You are all proud members of the Shimmer Scale tribe, a clan of kobolds mostly made of the outcasts and refugees from other tribes, still alive or in some cases extinct. The kobolds of the Shimmer Scale tribe are mostly of some form of a metallic hue. The tribe itself is small, boasting only thirty kobolds in total, no were near the size of the Slurk Rider tribe or even the Tree Climbers. Despite this you all feel a great love for your tribe and will gladly serve Chief Tiki-To, and Shaman Tiki-Ta to the best of your abilities.

You all awaken to a metallic banging sound only slightly muffled by the canvas walls of your communal tent. "GET OUTA' YOUSES BEDS YOU SLEEPY BONES, LAST ONE HERE GETS NO COCOA BUTTER WITH THEMS BREAKFAST!" Booms Chief Tiki-To's high pitch squeeky voice, "HURRY UPS SHIMMER SCALES!". As you stumble about to get out of your tent the shouting and banging continues as even more voices start shouting out things like "NUATI IS HERES CHIEF" and "BUFTI IS HERE SIRS."

All five of you manage to stumble out of your tent, to see Chief Tiki-To standing on a big boulder, placed in the center of town. He holds two human sized spades and had been banging them together, Chief Tiki-To is a muscular kobold with gleaming gold scales, he wears nothing but a belt with various vials and two steel daggers, and his big feathery chief hat. His wife Shamaness Tiki-Ta sits next to him, she is frail looking and her eyes have a white film over them, her scales however gleam with a healthy silver hue. A mob of 20 kobolds stand before them cheering and shouting. As you file out of your tent chief Tiki-To smiles and shouts "WE ALL BE HERE, FINALLY!" His expression immediately changes to one of grim concern he raises a hand and the crowd of kobolds grows dead silent, "As yous all's may knowses we sended out three sneaks to scout out the rumors that the Skull Cracker goblin tribe founded a human hoard with lots of shines," at this a corus of "SHINEYS" blossoms from the crowd. The chief gestures for silence again and continues "well the sneaks has not returned, for two days." He then points at the five of you, "Because yous were the last out yous will goes and find the sneaks. NOW ITS TIME FOR BREAKFASTS!" The kobolds explode into motion toward the eating hall.

(This is were you can talk to each other and the chief, or Shamaness.)

Quietly he looked over the rest of the tribe, to learn for himself who the sneaks where and checking it off on his mental list of who would have gone, and how good they are at, well, sneaking. Not as good as him of course. He never got caught. Still, goblins could be a problem. They have those stinky rat-dogs. Maybe on of them found the others. That would be bad. He knew how to hide from them, how to kill them, but the others might not have. Suddenly he really did not feel a lot like eating, he would of course, he wasn't stupid, and a good meal was needed if they were going out, but only enough to not be hungry...

Quietly he looked over the rest of the tribe, to learn for himself who the sneaks where and checking it off on his mental list of who would have gone, and how good they are at, well, sneaking. Not as good as him of course. He never got caught. Still, goblins could be a problem. They have those stinky rat-dogs. Maybe on of them found the others. That would be bad. He knew how to hide from them, how to kill them, but the others might not have. Suddenly he really did not feel a lot like eating, he would of course, he wasn't stupid, and a good meal was needed if they were going out, but only enough to not be hungry...

The three that had left were Tiki-Te the chiefs son, Kuzla a copper scaled kobold and her brother Kuzlo of the same coloration, all of them were barely more than hatchlings, having only become adults last week. They were some of the sneakier kobolds, but obviously not sneaky enough.

Jip Yap spends a few moments gathering his belongings before leaving the tent. He listens to Chief's words with a heavy heart. He ate his meal quickly, then went off by himself for a few moments to pray for his clan-mates that they could be safe and found, and if not, that they could be at peace and find their way to the loving embrace of his mistress in the afterlife.

He then prays for wisdom in the quest to find the sneaks, and that he can be helpful to his companions. (Will pray for spells, standard list on character sheet).

He'll then return to the gathering.

Jip Yap you feel loves power run through you as you pray, and you suddenly get an inclination that things are about to go horribly wrong, you don't know how or what will cause it but it shakes you deeply.

All the spells you prayed for are granted

Kip Kap opens hims mouth in a toothy grin.  The Chief has chosen me for a mission!  I get to help my clan mates.  I get to prove that I am as much a Shimmerscale as the rest, even if my scales are just green. Looking around at the others that have been assigned.  Murkin, he knew to be a good hunter, and most likely to be able to back him up in a fight.  Weeve told good stories and was good with traps, but Kip Kap wasn't sure that would be enough if a rescue was needed.  Jip Yap had some strange ideas, but he was good at talking.  That might be useful.  Drakoniss had the power of the dragons in his blood; plus he as another greenscale, so I don't feel like the only chromatic in the band.

After pondering his companions, Kip Kap moved quickly to eat.  You never knew when your next meal would come.  

After food, he goes to the pen where the tribes beasts were kept.  He had had a hand in training most of them.  Approaching the gate, he gives a honking hiss.  A large blue salamander shoulders it's way through the press as he opens the gate.  Stoking Skinks eye ridge, Kip Kap quickly saddles the salamander, packing his best weapons and the resp of his supplies in the large wicker panniers.  He then takes the time to check over Weeves mule, Emergency Rations, making sure that it will be able to keep up.

Weave exits the tent with all his belongings, the habit of one long on the road who never stays anywhere for long. After listening to chief, he winks at Kip Kap next to him, saying, "We should get a good tale or two from this, eh?" He flashes a toothy grin at the others and says, "I'm a goin' t'check on 'mergency rations, an' git 'im saddled up.  See y'all back 'ere in a bit."

He saunters off toward the area where ER is picketed, lightly thrumming on the drum at his side.