Wren

[SPLIT] Vortex Shakers

159 posts in this topic

simple solution... plug it into a power bar that you can turn on and off as needed.

1 person likes this

Thank you for mentioning the Typhoon mixers. I checked the Bay, and it's looking like he's got 2 up for $110. I may be picking one up sometime soon, depending on how my overtime turns out for the next few paychecks. If there are still some for sale by that time. I like that they're refurbed and cleaned, while still running roughly the same price as the super-nasty looking used ones. I do sort of wish that he'd left the power switch and speed control intact, but I'm willing to make sacrifices since I'm pretty much only going to use it for paint.

I wouldn't worry about the speed control. I understand that most folks with a working speed knob keep it on full power anyway.

As for power, just be careful not to set things on top of it :upside:. Startled me the first time I did that.I really need to clean off my workbench.

Oh, I know. The speed isn't as much a disappointment as the lack of a power switch. While I doubt I'd set something on top of it intentionally, I can guarantee that at some point in my ownership I'll be putting something on it without thinking. And I don't want to accidentally do that with something important and/or fragile, only to have it kick on and toss it off.

Maybe one of the cats will sit on it?

4 people like this

Thank you for mentioning the Typhoon mixers. I checked the Bay, and it's looking like he's got 2 up for $110. I may be picking one up sometime soon, depending on how my overtime turns out for the next few paychecks. If there are still some for sale by that time. I like that they're refurbed and cleaned, while still running roughly the same price as the super-nasty looking used ones. I do sort of wish that he'd left the power switch and speed control intact, but I'm willing to make sacrifices since I'm pretty much only going to use it for paint.

I wouldn't worry about the speed control. I understand that most folks with a working speed knob keep it on full power anyway.

As for power, just be careful not to set things on top of it :upside:. Startled me the first time I did that.I really need to clean off my workbench.

Oh, I know. The speed isn't as much a disappointment as the lack of a power switch. While I doubt I'd set something on top of it intentionally, I can guarantee that at some point in my ownership I'll be putting something on it without thinking. And I don't want to accidentally do that with something important and/or fragile, only to have it kick on and toss it off.

Perhaps, but only once.

4 people like this

Perhaps, but only once.

Sounds like a good Youtube video...

3 people like this

oooo yeh plug it into a powerstrip with the power switch off, then put cat/dog bed on top and wait for animal to fall asleep......

3 people like this

oooo yeh plug it into a powerstrip with the power switch off, then put cat/dog bed on top and wait for animal to fall asleep......

might need more than one unit !

2 people like this

plastic_bag_trap_cat.jpg

I sometimes use one of these single port on off switches. It's useful for anything you want to leave plugged in but want to cut the power on and off easily. 

mUA6T26hTm5vzUKE1uRtPBA.jpg

11 people like this

I sometimes use one of these single port on off switches. It's useful for anything you want to leave plugged in but want to cut the power on and off easily.

Myself, I'm partial to foot activated switches.

31pxPi5odRL.jpg

No need to bend over in awkward positions. Keep your hands free and look innocent at the same time.

7 people like this

Perhaps, but only once.

One of my cats is dumb enough to do it multiple times. I'm pretty sure he enjoys it when I spray him with a water pistol for doing things wrong, because he'll do the exact same things over and over. And he'll do something right after I've just hit him with water for it. He'll run out of the room, come back, and start doing it again until I hit him with more water.

6 people like this

Heh...

I use wireless switches. Some are built in behind the wall sockets, others plug in between the socket and the item I want to be able to switch on/off.

I even have a few wireless switches mounted behind the ordinary switches on the wall so that I can control light with either.

2 people like this

THere is always this for a switch.  I one for my hair dryer so I don't have to put down the mini.

image_12772.jpg

1 person likes this

Man, I was just at Harbor Freight this morning. How did I miss those foot pedal switches? I see another trip coming soon. (That link is probably going to get nerfed, Maxstyles)

I could see one of these for the vortex mixer, and another for the power strip for the lights. Oh, and another for the air compressor and vent box for the airbrush. Umm, I'm not sure my bench has enough room for all those underneath.

3 people like this

Man, I was just at Harbor Freight this morning. How did I miss those foot pedal switches? I see another trip coming soon. (That link is probably going to get nerfed, Maxstyles)

I could see one of these for the vortex mixer, and another for the power strip for the lights. Oh, and another for the air compressor and vent box for the airbrush. Umm, I'm not sure my bench has enough room for all those underneath.

With that many pedals it would start to look like my Taurus bass pedals!

1 person likes this

I just received the Typhoon mixer I ordered from Robert on ebay. This thing is absolutely awesome! I'd like to thank everyone in this thread that had mentioned it.

1 person likes this

Bringing this thread back up because I REALLY want one now that I see us painting a lot more often.

So have any of you that got one over the last 7+ months grown any extra arms?  I got this problem with just knowing there may have been icky things being mixed on the one I get.

1 person likes this