jsalyers

Secret Santa project

9 posts in this topic

I'm participating in a SS exchange over on another forum. The person I'm painting for uses Nightshade purple. I don't own it so I sought some help on the Reaper Forums and got exactly what I needed. As a long time forum user but a noob to the Reaper forums I must say that people here are super nice. Color me impressed.

Ultimately, I couldn't find the Nightshade purple locally and it was hard to match so... since it was a gift, I decided to just wing it. :)

That said I thought I'd share my progress here as well.

SS_Progress_1.jpg

I hear from Ludo that similar miniature exchanges happen here. I need to puzzle out how to participate on these forums.

Thanks to everyone for being awesome!

J--

15 people like this

Great work so far! 

For exchanges, just go to that section of the forum and watch for sign up threads. They tend to happen roughly quarterly, with the next one likely to be looking for sign ups in January or February . 

Very good!

Finished the Secret Santa gift and mailing it off today. Thought I'd share my mostly finished project. Given more time I'd work on the area of the sword where the blade and backing meet but I'm happy with my results.

The crossroad signs are objective markers for use in the game. I puzzled out who my recipients husband is on the PP forums. With his help I customized the signs with places they actually frequent, where they met, etc...

Hope she likes the model.

On a side note, I attended my first Reaper Con this past year and really enjoyed it.I'm looking forward to participating on these forums more and more.

J--

SS_Final_1.jpgSS_Final_2.jpgSS_Final_0.jpgSS_Final_3.jpg

11 people like this

Wow!

That purple is amazing!