Darcstaar

The Godsmouth Heresy Recruitment

Yeah... that's why I posted in Recruitment too.  Wanted to make sure I didn't post out of order too much.

you should be able to wait until your turn, Since I went before you, I shouldn't start to bleed out and die until start of the next round.

Assuming Janalyth has fallen down from unconsciousness, you can enter his square without provoking, since the hard corners give you cover.  Once you leave his square, you would be leaving a threatened square, so you would provoke from both of the bird men.

The rebuke death is a standard action, so it goes off on your own initiative.  It is a spell-like ability, so it provokes.  It has a range of touch.  Since it functions like a cure spell, I would rule that you can cast it in one square, "charging" it onto your free hand, then move and deliver it after movement.  This can help prevent AOO in certain situations.

Yes, you can occupy his square.  Only a truly foolish foe would try to line up Coup de Grace into a square occupied by a conscious foe protecting the downed companion.

NightyKnight isn't responding to PM.  I'm going to give it one more week then look for an alternate.

Like the stat roll method, every time I rolled a one, on the re-roll I got a five or six! Rolls are as follows:

5,6,4,6 (17)

6,4,6,6 (18)

3,6,5,6 (17)

2,6,3,4 (13)

6,4,4,3 (14)

4,6,4,6 (16)

Greyson

Male Tiefling Evoker

CG Medium Outsider (native)

Init +4; Senses Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +6

AC: 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, +1 natural), fire resistance 5

hp: 10 (6 for HD + 3 Con mod +1 favored class)

Fort +4 (+3 con +1 trait), Ref +4, Will +4

Speed: 30 ft

Melee: mwk quarterstaff +4 (1d6+1), dagger +3 (1d4+1) or claw +3 (1d4+1)

Ranged: dagger +4

Special Attack: Force Missile, as magic missile for 1d4+1 damage 8 times/day

Wizard Spells Prepared: (CL 1st, concentration +6)

1st- Burning Hands (DC 16), Grease (DC 16), Mage Armor, Thunderstomp (DC 16)

0 (at will) - Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost

School: Evocation Prohibited Schools: Enchantment/Illusion

Spellbook: 0 lev- all except enchantment and illusion, 1st lev- Animate Rope, Burning Hands, Feather Fall, Floating Disc, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic, Missile, Thunderstomp

Str 17, Dex 18, Con 17, Int 20, Wis 14, Cha 11

Base Atk : +0; CMB +1; CMD 15

Feats: Additional Traits, Scribe Scroll

Traits: Bandit, Reckless, Resilient, Seeker

Skills: Acrobatics +8, Bluff +4, Knowledge: (arcana, dungeoneering, history +9), perception +6, spellcraft +9, stealth +10

Languages: Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Orc

SQ: Claws, Prehensile Tail, Scaled Skin

Equipment: Backpack, bandoleer, bedroll, belt pouch, candles (2), flint and steel, ink, inkpen, mess kit, parchment (5), pipe and tobacco, scroll of Floating Disc, scroll of Shield, scroll case, silk rope 50’, small steel mirror, soap, spellbook, spell component pouch, trail rations(4), waterskin 8gp, 2sp, 8cp

Notes: Bandit (+1 on stealth and stealth is a class skill), Reckless (+1 on acrobatics and acrobatics is a class skill), Resilient (+1 to fortitude saves), seeker (+1 to perception and perception is a class skill), Claws (gain a claw attack for 1d4 damage, replaces Darkness spell-like ability) Prehensile tail (may remove stowed items with tail as a swift action, replaces fiendish sorcery), scaled skin (+1 natural armor bonus to AC, and choose 1 type of energy resist 5, replaces fiendish resistance, Greyson's skin is just thick not scaled)

Description: Dusky grey skin, yellow cat-like eyes, pointed ears, black hair and sideburns like Wolverine, pointed teeth, slim, wiry build, tail covered in fine black fur, dressed in blacks and greys, 4’4” tall, 100 lbs. He's a skeptic and has a distrust of authority having been a slave in Cheliax. Adventuring to get treasure and knowledge

• Like 1

SR, I have been debating what you were trying to accomplish with your previous turn, and how to do it.

If you want to do something different, I'll let you.  I didn't post this earlier, because it wouldn't accomplish your stated goal of getting to the Tiefling.  But, perhaps you missed that Greyson freed himself of his bonds.

You can crawl 5 feet as a move action, but it provokes.  This means that you could potentially crawl twice as a double move, or crawl once and stand.

The text for withdraw doesn't state that your first square can't be crawling.  So, if you want to Ret-Con it, you could say you want to use the withdraw action, crawl 5 feet south, then stand or crawl again.  You don't get to the Tiefling, but you don't provoke.

• Like 2

From the SRD
Crawling

You can crawl 5 feet as a move action. Crawling incurs attacks of opportunity from any attackers who threaten you at any point of your crawl. A crawling character is considered prone and must take a move action to stand up, provoking an attack of opportunity.

so while I would have liked to have withdrawn, as I understand the rules, I couldn't. 

EDIT:

One thing I think we both may have overlooked however is I can make an acrobatics check to not get the AOO, It's an extra +5 to my target number for prone, but it is listed as an option.

Edited by ShadowRaven

Yeah, you are technically right that crawl is a move action, and withdraw is a full round action, so they are mutually exclusive.

Let me know if you want to try the twisting rear somersault to avoid the AOOs and go 5 feet south.

That is exactly what you need to avoid the first Tengu.

Roll again for the second.

DC 21 (+2 for the second foe avoided in a turn).

• Like 1

We'll, technically, the first AOO is not rolled, so the first die roll was the 3, which misses.

So, you can end up 10 feet south of Ma'alik (5 feet of forced repositioning and 5 feet of movement). According to my interpretation, you are still prone.

• Like 2