77008 Reaper Bones Garrick The Bold

9 posts in this topic

Good job on him!

1 person likes this

Very good job!

1 person likes this

The purple is GORGEOUSVERY NICELY DONE!

1 person likes this

Great job on the purple. It has real depth.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By OneBoot
      I was inspired by how the paint combination on the Copper head of my Ma'al Drakar turned out, so I thought it would be fun to turn a mini into a bronze/copper statue!

Given that I still didn't have a fully painted Sir Forscale (@Reaperbryan owns all 3 of the ones I've painted to date), I decided it was high time I had one of my own.

Those two things resulted in this:

I removed him from his broccoli base and glued him onto a 20mm Reaper base, so he'd have a pedestal sort of thing to stand on. He was very quick to paint up, just Green Liner, Copper Verdigris, a light Turquoise Ink wash, then careful drybrushing of Coppery Orange.

I had fun thinking about what the wear patterns on a regular statue would be, hence why sections of his base and his right foot are so much shinier than the rest. Because given any flat surface, people are going to sit on it to rest or take pictures, and prominent areas are usually kept shined from people rubbing them.

And here's a couple of pics just for fun, since Ma'al is still hanging out on my desk:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By Glamberry
      Hi all,

This is a model I painted quite some time ago. The mouslings simply stole my heart. This is a metal figure and not bones (i could not do the mouslings in bones i think). This is more for the photography set up than the painjob though....what do you guys think? I need to get a nice neutral back drop and the teal probably is a bit too busy but other than that i think the shot is nice and clear. If everyone approves of pics like that then I have a good reason to annoy the photographer (my spouse) to take more :D He's far better than me and has the proper camera. I'm sure lots of praise will help me convince him ^^

• By Rilkyn
      My latest Bone lll offering.  Can't say I enjoyed the one.  Has real problems with the armour and not really happy with the end results.  May have been better using metallics.

the shield turned out OK.

• By MelmothWanders
      Had this dude in my to-paint pile for a while, and started working on him while waiting for stuff to dry on Corim yesterday. Finished him up today . . . although I realized when I went to take a picture that I had neglected to do anything with the base. Ah well, everything is put away for now. Really like how the armor came out after painting gunmetal with a bunch of black and dark brown washes over it. Cloak came out super dingy looking, and the purple I used in the wash pretty much disappeared, but it's an alright look for this evil looking dude.

• By SGHawkins09
      Well, I finally got to a point on these where it would be worth it to post. These are my major projects that I will be working on for the next few months and all four are planned ReaperCon entries. Right now there is not much to see as they are just at the primer stage but the bases are built and also ready for paint. So from left to right we have the Dark Elf Assassin from Scale 75, Tarko from Scale 75's Fallen Frontiers line, Dark Sword's Wood Elf Warrior, and Reaper's own Crimson Herald.

Please excuse the blurry pics, I am cleaning my apartment and this was the best place to take pics.

• Who's Online   45 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)