TheOldGuard

FS31 - Magic Fountain, Vintage Citadel miniatures

Hi All,

Here's a very old Citadel mini from my collection - FS31 Magic Fountain.

I did this as kind of an exercise in creating a verdigris effect on the spouting beasties, which I'm quite happy with. There is some Vallejo "Still Water" in the base of the fountain but it's hard to see in the pics.

post-14256-0-33762300-1480346358_thumb.jpg

post-14256-0-43756600-1480346361_thumb.jpg

Comments are always welcome, thanks for looking!

• Like 15

I love the tarnished effect. How did you do it?

Thanks!

I used Citadel paints (other brands are available ::):), the creatures were first painted to look like copper/bronze with Screaming Bell (base) > Agrax Earthshade (wash) > Hashut Copper (drybrush) > Sycorax Bronze (lighter drybrush).

Then, I mixed up 2 parts Sybarite Green to 1 part Lothern Blue with a touch of white to lighten it slightly. I watered this mix down a fair bit to make sure it flowed easily (about 3:1 water to paint). I then applied this carefully to the areas that I thought would remain the dampest over time - the deepest recesses & dribble areas under all the spouts etc.

When dry, I gave it a final light drybrush of Sycorax Bronze again just to pick out the extreme highlights.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Hi All!

I've just been rearranging my display shelves & have noticed that I actually have a few minis that I have never shown on these boards. They are the first ones that I painted a few years ago when I returned to the hobby after many, many years. I will show the others soon but to begin with, here's GW's Gandalf The White & Shadowfax.

The actual paint job is essentialy me getting back in the swing of things by copying the image on the miniatures' packaging, I made the base terrain(s) using air drying clay, gravel & sand & added some grass clumps to finish.

Gandalf on foot

Gandalf mounted on Shadowfax

Back soon with something "big, ferocious & wingy" - thanks for looking!

• By Chaoswolf
      The Bones bookshelf, painted to what I hope is a decent tabletop standard.
      Let me know what you think.

• By Chaoswolf
      Nothing terribly special, I had 2 sets of these, so I figured, I'd get them done.
    • By Lidless Eye
      After backing it on Kickstarter, I was inspired by Nord Games "Revenge of the Horde" bestiary for D&D 5E.  I liked their very "The Hobbit" inspired cave Goblins...backwards underground isolated and mutated.

After some negotiations, I got a friend's old "Escape from Goblin Town" set, and put some paint to it.  They've been through a large number of flesh revamps, and the close-ups show the slightly gritty texture from a primer malfunction.  I'm happy with them overall, although I'm still not sure how I like the way their hair came out.

The Horde:

The Great Goblin himself.  I think he'd be useful as a Fomorian leader or the like.

Just Gobbos!

Wise Snot, you're not a mutant!  How did you sneak in here?

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I've been working away on these very old Citadel Dragons for several weeks now & finally I've finished - Yay!
      They've been languishing (half painted) in my collection since my youth & I thought that they needed some long overdue attention. The plan was to paint them in an old school style in keeping with their age (1982-ish) whilst keeping it simple. I think I managed to achieve this although I did go a little overboard with the Ice Dagon's base.........

If you are interested, there is a WIP for these minis which can be found here.

Thanks for looking!

DGR1 - Red Dragon

DRG2 - Green Dragon

DRG3 - Ice Dragon

DRG4 - Gold Dragon

FF61 Black Dragon

• Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)