Okay, with Reapercon being relatively soonish, my brain will not stop thinking about ideas and such for Reapercon which isn't a bad thing. A tad annoying but not bad. At Reapercon I picked up these two.

post-14060-0-51138800-1480381756.jpg

post-14060-0-12712900-1480381758.jpg

And when I ordered the stuff for Secret Sophie I got him

post-14060-0-11183800-1480381759.jpg

And when I went to Reaper the other day, I picked him up (Yes, I know I'm lucky to live close enough to pop over there ::P:)

post-14060-0-50371200-1480381757.jpg

Now that I have them all I can start! So today I went and worked at my computer a bit with my drawing tablet here's what I got so far! This is just testing the ideas. (Please ignore the messiness, lack of detail, and the extra doodles.)

post-14060-0-20148900-1480382330_thumb.jpg

What do y'all think? It'll be quite a bit smaller and much of the extra space in the drawing will be gotten rid of. I think I'll add some spiderwebs and skulls to the Maggotcrown portion, maybe a dog or some blood on the ground in the Duskwarden part. Still thinking and letting it process. Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited by Tarsemina
  • Like 8

Are you designing bases for these Minis?

Backgrounds for dioramas or vignettes for each figure?

Planning cosplay options?

...not sure what the goal is.

• Like 1

I see where you are going...  one quadrant for each of the factions.. based as per that factions perceived environment.    I am not sure you can achieve this but,  is there a way to blend the basing so the intersection points are not so stark but merge gently?

• Like 3

If you use a large enough base, you could surely pull this off.

Robinh has a point, you need to blend the borders between the sections.

And the minis? Are they looking at each other or will they face outwards?

My suggestion, let them face outwards.

What could be awesome, there are these little round rotating display cylinders.

That would be great for this. They will rotate and thus every faction will show itself to you.

• Like 2

Planning a diorama with all the faction figures.

I see where you are going... one quadrant for each of the factions.. based as per that factions perceived environment. I am not sure you can achieve this but, is there a way to blend the basing so the intersection points are not so stark but merge gently?

I'm sure there is, but right now I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what'll stick. Also, this isn't a final design just a general approximation to get the idea on paper, before it decides to leave.

That would be great for this. They will rotate and thus every faction will show itself to you.

They'll be facing outward, could you send me a link for the display cylinders. I'm finding it hard to picture what you're talking about.

Great idea! Mind if I steal it and do one for the year Reaper did Pirates?

Go on ahead! I'll be looking forward to seeing it! Edited by Tarsemina
  • Like 1

Planning a diorama with all the faction figures.

I see where you are going... one quadrant for each of the factions.. based as per that factions perceived environment. I am not sure you can achieve this but, is there a way to blend the basing so the intersection points are not so stark but merge gently?

I'm sure there is, but right now I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what'll stick. Also, this isn't a final design just a general approximation to get the idea on paper, before it decides to leave.

They'll be facing outward, could you send me a link for the display cylinders. I'm finding it hard to picture what you're talking about.

PM send!

• Like 1