Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

7438 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

A gentle reminder for everyone to be excellent to each other.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I guess that is a little more family friendly than Wil Wheaton's "Don't be a d**k" 

Jobs applied for, no painting done. Bummed that so many can't go to Reapercon for such a variety of stupid ignorant backward reasons. Or just because work is an elf. Whatever the reason, it stinks.

And staying home isn't effortless when it's the last thing you want to do.

*sigh*

6 people like this

42 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

@Morihalda: Look on the bright side: You're a cyborg now! ::D: 

I just realized, as I had a post installed for a dental implant today, I also am a cyborg!  Let's see what new powers I've gained.  Hmmm....no flight, no ability to shrug off bullets, can't seem to download YouTube videos directly to my brain....wait, here it is in the fine print....will be able to chew food on that side of my mouth...in 3 more months. 

Really, it seems a bit anticlimactic from what the movies led me to expect.

11 people like this

Have you fully tested all this? I mean, there's only really, like, the one way to be totally sure you're not bulletproof now.

6 people like this

I believe I shall wait till I get the crown installed on the post before testing my crime fighting prowess in the field. 

8 people like this

6 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

I believe I shall wait till I get the crown installed on the post before testing my crime fighting prowess in the field. 

:huh:

8 people like this

I know that I'm nonflammable and immune to the effects of salt, but I haven't tested much beyond that.

And those are racial bonuses, anyway; I remain free of our machine overlords' anatomical designs.

5 people like this

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:
9 hours ago, klarg1 said:

*skip*

I leave this thread alone for a few days (ok, maybe a week), and it gets too long to catch up.

How are you folks doing this fine, sunny Monday?

As good as could be expected, yourself?

It's a rather wet Tuesday here...

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

So, earlier this month I was looking at doll releases and bemoaning the fact that the D.C. Superhero girls doll for katana was the San Diego comic con exclusive. And those are, like, always expensive if you can't actually get one at the con. (And I'm not a famous blogger or part of the toy industry or super rich, so I don't get to go.)

Hubby convinced me to look her up and low and behold she was only $55 on evil bay! She came today. I've been playing with her and Wonder Woman ^_^

She comes with a naginata!

IMG_0992.JPG

Edited by redambrosia
14 people like this

In an ironic twist, my 18 year old is painting a mini and I'm just hanging out. I suspect this is related to the fact that he's going to be actually playing D&D on Wednesday.

12 people like this

6 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Noooooo! 

That's sucks @Morihalda. But more time off your feet means more time painting minis and making costumes, right?

I didn't realize I had so many cyborg friends here haha! Thank you all for the kind words. We'll get to the end of this!

I will be working from home the next couple weeks, so it's certainly a good incentive to speed through my tickets. :poke:

And of course, more hugs to the friends not going to ReaperCon. <3

12 people like this

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

So, earlier this month I was looking at doll releases and bemoaning the fact that the D.C. Superhero girls doll for katana was the San Diego comic con exclusive. And those are, like, always expensive if you can't actually get one at the con. (And I'm not a famous blogger or part of the toy industry or super rich, so I don't get to go.)

Hubby convinced me to look her up and low and behold she was only $55 on evil bay! She came today. I've been playing with her and Wonder Woman ^_^

She comes with a naginata!

IMG_0992.JPG

:wub:

7 people like this

I keep hearing some new-to-me bird out in the night, with a single-note, shrill half-second cry (possibly with a tiny trill at a slightly lower pitch just before, sort of "(er)-CHEEE").

It's been here a few days.  I heard it calling the other night when a storm front rushed through.  Not too many birds sing in the rain around here.

No idea what it is.  We are by a major migratory flyover, so it could be from anywhere.

Of course, given that I eventually discovered the haunting two note "pee-paw" that I had been hearing in woodlands since childhood was the more relaxed song of the common chickadee, it may well simply be some regular visitor whose song I never corroborated before.

9 people like this

Morning all!

I forgot the coffee I brewed on the counter this morning.... thankfully I remembered to bring in coffee grounds, so I now have a hot cup! Thank the gods... and our frost dragon host!

6 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

In an ironic twist, my 18 year old is painting a mini and I'm just hanging out. I suspect this is related to the fact that he's going to be actually playing D&D on Wednesday.

Having a game is the best motivation for getting stuff done...

10 people like this

...and you'll have a nice refreshing not quite ice coffee ready for when you get home!::P:

8 people like this