Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14975 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Pingo said:

How to tell I do not normally hover above trees.

It's alright, not everyone has that talent.

5 people like this

Started playing Fallout Shelter on Steam. This may have been a bad idea...

5 people like this

30 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I can finally wrestle open the closet door! :bday:

There's stacks of stuff inside as tall as I am. :wacko:

...Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be able to finish this today. I still need to organize all the bookshelves, unearth the shelving unit in the closet and drag it out to use in the room proper, and I haven't even touched the hobby desk/chair yet. :unsure:

Still, progress is being made. I discovered the floor, and cleared off one shelving unit entirely (which was carefully re-filled with organized, needed things). I may not enjoy the getting started part of spring cleaning, but once I get into it, it's actually a rather satisfying process. ^_^

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

Congratulations!

3 people like this

40 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I actually quite enjoy visiting Boston...as long as I don't have to drive in it. The 'you can't get there from here' due to (seemingly) EVERY. SINGLE. STREET. BEING. ONE-WAY.

is absolutely maddening.

I have literally never been to Boston and not gotten lost at least once while driving. The thought of needing to drive into the city for work ( and therefore having a schedule I needed to keep ) was not very pleasant.

Oh yeah.  You have to be seven kinds of crazy to take a car into Boston.

... I learned to ride my bike there. ::P:  And how to cross the street real defensively.

8 people like this

Lichen on trees, and moss, is quite normal, and the trees don't mind.  Some of it makes good basing materials, but most just leave you with a nasty pile of dirt before long as they decompose.

9 people like this

1 minute ago, ShadowRaven said:

Lichen on trees, and moss, is quite normal, and the trees don't mind.  Some of it makes good basing materials, but most just leave you with a nasty pile of dirt before long as they decompose.

I picked up a pretty piece of bark once, with pale green lichen on it, and after a few months it had bleached away to grey nothing.

I think I must have killed the lichen, to be honest ... :unsure:

7 people like this

The terrain-type lichen has been processed with glycerin to keep it supple.

7 people like this

-waves at the thread- 

Evening, folks! How is everyone doing?

10 people like this

Something over twenty years ago, the Japanese whipped up a kids' show involving color coded Kung Fu secret agents who fought space monsters using robot animals that combined into a BIGGER robot.

Yeah, nothing new. For the Japanese, it was Tuesday.

A kidshow mogul brought the show to America, reshot new scenes involving American teenagers (who were in fact the Kung Fu secret agents), and redid it all in English as "Power Rangers" and made a bazillion dollars.

A quarter century later, it's rebooted as an American movie with Bryan Cranston.

Wonder what the Japanese think of it?

(Interesting note: In first season episodes of the TV show, keep an eye on the Yellow Ranger. The American actress was rather flat chested. The Japanese actress was not. Therefore, the Yellow Ranger's bustline enlarges and shrinks several times per episode...)

10 people like this

48 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

-waves at the thread- 

Evening, folks! How is everyone doing?

I am sitting alone in the dark. 

:angry:

...and soon my food will spoil. ::(:

6 people like this

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

Well, when you are eaten by a grue, you won't have to worry about it.::P:

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, TGP said:

Sympathy liked.

34 minutes ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

(Interesting note: In first season episodes of the TV show, keep an eye on the Yellow Ranger. The American actress was rather flat chested. The Japanese actress was not. Therefore, the Yellow Ranger's bustline enlarges and shrinks several times per episode...)

*blink*

I will have to take your word for that... 

I've spent the evening clipping bits from sprues in order to save space. Amazing how you can take a big box worth of minis (say the Frostgrave plastics) and turn it into a little snack sized ziplock bag of minis.

Edited by David Brawley
Spelling... :-P
10 people like this

3 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

I've spent the evening clipping bits from sprews in order to save space.

I assume this is some alien race that if not pruned would have conquered the galaxy.  Good job stopping the alien march to manifest galactic destiny Haminister!

10 people like this

2 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

I assume this is some alien race that if not pruned would have conquered the galaxy.  Good job stopping the alien march to manifest galactic destiny Haminister!

Happy to be able to lend a paw and a lightsaber! 

7 people like this