Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14975 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

Well to be fair, the original was the 80's comic version of teen angst but I can see where you are coming from.  I don't know If I'll like it, I'm just willing to at least try it for nostalgia.

Teen angst makes me giggle, it's so very real (I remember) and so many folks get it wrong in film. But when it's done accurately, it's so cringey LOL.

Like Potter Puppet Pals and Harry's "Angst, angst, angst...." Or Legend of Korra, oh lawd that one was painful sometimes but so good haha!

9 hours ago, Aryanun said:

I fear Something is really wrong with my back. No matter what is behind me, pillow, chair back, wall, mattress, it feels like I have a tennis ball pressing against my lumbar. Lots of pain, too, that isn't lessening.

I have too much to do at work and I need to go to ReaperCon. My sanity is at stake!

hugs, friend. :down: 

7 people like this

Thunderstorms the last two days and possibly today.  Driving to the far-off Irish pub for a session was interesting.

Turns out I was one of three attendees, and a good time was had.

12 people like this

Yesterday (April 19th) was a somber day; flat in a way, contemplative. And I was not the only one. I texted my mother, brother and a friend and they all agreed. Something different about yesterday in the south. Not sure what.

Anyone else experience this? 

5 people like this

Just now, Arc 724 said:

Yesterday (April 19th) was a somber day; flat in a way, contemplative. And I was not the only one. I texted my mother, brother and a friend and they all agreed. Something different about yesterday in the south. Not sure what.

About 2pm Eastern?  Yeah.

4 people like this

bleh, getting a wisdom tooth pulled this afternoon. Could use some good news.

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

My eldest's Youtube Channel now has a TV Tropes page.

Is also accumulating camping gear for a dinosaur dig this June with Big Name Paleontologist in Wyoming.

7 minutes ago, Arc 724 said:

6 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

:huh:

10 people like this

15 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Yes actually... 

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, Arc 724 said:

Yes actually... 

:blink:

Now I want to know.

6 people like this

39 minutes ago, Arc 724 said:

14 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

:blink:

Now I want to know.

I was on and remain on a...

different planet. 

6 people like this

Hmmm... kind of caught up at work... sounds like a lot was going on while I was out, but no more fires for this Computer Shaman to attend to.  

Today is my Monday and tomorrow is my Friday.  Odd week.  If I wasn't coughing up everything from the first few days of this week, it would be better.

Still, can't complain about a two day week.  

8 people like this

Friday, June 9th, I am scheduled to take my road driving test. Passed the written a couple of years ago. Need a full-on license to get to ReaperCon.

I hope I pass. :blink:::o::unsure::wacko:::(:

15 people like this

10 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

Friday, June 9th, I am scheduled to take my road driving test. Passed the written a couple of years ago. Need a full-on license to get to ReaperCon.

I hope I pass. :blink:::o::unsure::wacko:::(:

Stay calm and you should be fine.  I suspect they're a little harder on teenaged boys who drive aggressively than they are on moms. 

I'm congested this morning, and I'm very cranky about it.  Mainly because I just finished 4 weeks of antibiotics for a persistent sinus infection (started with one that caused my knee to flare up and then switched to 3 weeks of a different one) and I really, really want it to be better.  Really. 

8 people like this

Overall I really like most of the new functionality of the new board but it irritates me endlessly that it saves whatever random post I abandoned halfway through and presents it to me in the text box the next time I go to post in the thread. Every single time it does it I have to take a second to remember there is a 'clear editor' button. 

9 people like this

1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

I'm not wearing any pants.

You can either be happy for me or happy that you're not here to bear witness to my pantslessness, but either way it's good news.

3 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Stay calm and you should be fine.  I suspect they're a little harder on teenaged boys who drive aggressively than they are on moms. 

True, in my experience. I was in my mid-20s when I finally took my full license test (a lot of people get theirs by 18), and when making a little idle chat before the test I mentioned to the instructor that I really just wanted to get my full license so that I could work late nights (on a restricted license here you can't drive past 10pm or before 5am). Test was a lot easier than it probably should have been; he didn't get me to do any maneuvering, just a quick drive around the city and I had my license.

8 people like this

Hoping so. My mom is aging and it'll eventually get to where she really shouldn't be driving. Plus I'll have a bit more freedom in if I want to run down to the store and grab something.

And once I get a money-sucking black hole car of my own, I'll be free to get healthier lunch options or to go out with coworkers.

10 people like this