Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Tasted sweet but reminded me of milk that had captain crunch become too soggy. And then the blue stuff mixed in and it became sour. And then just tasting the blue stuff itself, reminded me of vomit from an empty stomach. 

That's gross...

unicorn-poop.JPG.662x0_q70_crop-scale.jp

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Unicorn frappuccino from starbucks... DON'T DO IT!! DISGUSTING AS I HAVE NO CLUE. (Parked in parking lot for those curious as to why my car is in drive)

20170420_102649.thumb.jpg.853b607213f96a18a1742e6a26bf6067.jpg

I heard about that stuff on the TV news last night....

24 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

That does look rather like it came from the wrong end of the unicorn, yeah.

Apparently, a sick unicorn.  Someone summon Hagrid...

...he takes care of unicorns. 

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

That's gross...

Ah yes th Squatty P"ah"ty commercial. Loved this one!

I'm hungry + need to get some copies done, so off to Panda Express I go

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Friday, June 9th, I am scheduled to take my road driving test. Passed the written a couple of years ago. Need a full-on license to get to ReaperCon.

I hope I pass. :blink:::o::unsure::wacko:::(:

So, funny story about driver's licenses.  Guy in a 4,000 lb. metal box nearly killed me because he was texting, probably about something important like which drive-thru to bring home dinner from.  Not the funny part unless you're really into Kafka (a hostile universe can destroy you at random at any time - hilarity ensues).  When I renewed the license, there's a box to check about new medical conditions that might change my status.  Nearly killed applies, since I can't reliably stay awake behind the wheel, have some pretty serious balance issues, and if I so much as *ride* in a car have my verbal communication skills limited to, at best, "Buggerit! Millennium Hand and shrimp!".  DMV says it's cool - no license restrictions.  I figure that you should be fine.

Spoilered math nerd stuff:

Spoiler

From 2014 to 2015, smartphone ownership in the United States went up by 10.5%

From 2014 to 2015, traffic fatalities in the United States went up by 10.5%

I'm not used to correlations that strong in the wild.

2016 the correlation was less - smart phones up by 9.6%, fatal collisions up by 12%.   I am, shall we say, concerned about the fact that SWMBO can no longer telecommute.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Friday, June 9th, I am scheduled to take my road driving test. Passed the written a couple of years ago. Need a full-on license to get to ReaperCon.

I hope I pass. :blink:::o::unsure::wacko:::(:

This is good advice:

http://djitz.com/guides/texas-drivers-license-driving-road-test-success-guide-detailed/comment-page-1/

I will add two tips: 

—you will lose points at stop signs unless your car Really and Truly stops. (All the other drivers at the 3-4 way stop will make rolling stops.) You must brake until you feel the car's suspension spring back and gently rock. If the tester doesn't feel that, you'll get a failed-to-stop downcheck. 

—you will lose points for failure-to-look before turning. Turn. Your. Head. ...In an obvious and exaggerated manner.  Because? Otherwise the examiner will cheerfully fail to see that you looked. (Glancing quickly and efficiently with your eyes is insufficient.) Same thing with lane changes.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 12

25 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

55611_FHT_Unicorn.jpg

31 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

That's gross...

One of you wiseacres needs to write a fake news story about how the SPCMA is planning to sue Starbucks because they are abusing mythical animals, specifically Unicorns, by first, rendering them ill,  then harvesting their output without providing treatment or veterinary supervision.

• Like 11

Wasn't there already a brush up online because there was a photo that Steven Spielberg had "hunted and killed" a triceratops? I'm not sure I want to be the source of something as absurd as harvesting unicorn vomit.

Anyways, no more meetings for the day, and tomorrow is a day off. I believe I have a bathtub faucet to replace that may be the source of random puddles on the floor. Get this. Water is slowly draining from the shower out through the faucet. Faucet is poorly designed, and small drips will cling to the surface and run back towards the wall. It reaches a metal plate, runs down the edge of the tile and tub, then onto the floor. Where a random puddle forms. If I can't fix it, it will run me hundreds of thousands of dollars. 

Why? Wife will throw up her hands and demand a new house. And the only news houses going up right now are that much more than our current dwelling.

• Like 8

Woot! Boxed up 5 boxes of anime DVDs this afternoon, and I've sorted about half of my collection.

The money I'm getting for them isn't too bad either, as long as I don't dwell on how much foolish, younger me spent on them.

On driving licences, I really regret not getting mine.

Sure, I was a terrible driver and it was only a matter of time before I was in a crash, but having a car would be so dang useful right now.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

A friend of ours got her license when she was very pregnant with her first child for pretty much this reason.  She'd put it off way to long at that point anyway, but it's nice to be able to take the baby somewhere if need be.  Or even just not be trapped at home with a baby. 

It really is important for her to be able to drive and take the kid in if there's an emergency.

42 minutes ago, TGP said:

This is good advice:

http://djitz.com/guides/texas-drivers-license-driving-road-test-success-guide-detailed/comment-page-1/

I will add two tips: 

—you will lose points at stop signs unless your car Really and Truly stops. (All the other drivers at the 3-4 way stop will make rolling stops.) You must brake until you feel the car's suspension spring back and gently rock. If the tester doesn't feel that, you'll get a failed-to-stop downcheck. 

—you will lose points for failure-to-look before turning. Turn. Your. Head. ...In an obvious and exaggerated manner.  Because? Otherwise the examiner will cheerfully fail to see that you looked. (Glancing quickly and efficiently with your eyes is insufficient.) Same thing with lane changes.

I've taken it before. Three times. Got my license on the third try. I lost it because I didn't renew within two years of it expiring due to reasons, which means I have to do it all over again.

• Like 6

Currently the big river has the star trek tv series (TNG/DS9/VOY) selling for under $90 each. The whole series for less than what I spent on each SEASON of each of those series. *SIGH* And they take up a whole lot less shelf space in their combined editions...

• Like 10

The dentist kind of under stated the problem when talking to the oral surgeon... so they weren't able to pull the tooth. 

Apparently they'll need to sedate me because they're going to be doing some bone cutting.

This is going to suck.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Thank you all for your concern. To those of you who have sent me messages, please know that I do appreciate you checking in on me and I apologize if my unresponsiveness has caused anyone any undo worry. I'm doing ok but do still need some more time before I think I'll be ready to re-emerge. Thank you, again, for all of your concern, it means a lot to me.

• Like 12