Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14975 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, TGP said:

Amuricans are geographically challenged. 

You think??????

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

I consider "the south" to be any of those states or territories that allied with the Confederacy during the Civil War.  That puts Missouri in the south, though most folks here consider themselves "midwestern". The accent here is more "southern" than the flat accent associated with the midwest, and food styles closely associate with other traditionally southern food.   I find it amusing that folks in Ohio consider themselves in the midwest, when they are clearly east of the Mississippi River. :) 

The Confederate States = South.

Union States = North

Newer states in the south = Sourhwest

Newer states in the north =Pacific Northwest

States between the Mississippi and Rocky Mountains = Midwest

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

It's funny how things tend to snowball in this thread...

*throws a snowball made of styrofoam at David*

Edited by Aryanun
8 people like this

Howdy folks. How is

*pelted by foam snowball*

*unconscious*

8 people like this

>chucks snowball at Thes Hunter<

7 people like this

1 hour ago, knarthex said:

Basically the south was the STATES that seceded from the Union.....

And that war was fought over states rights vs Federal Gov....

*lip smack*

*looks at 10' pole*

*looks at bee keepers suit*

:mellow:

9 people like this

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Kentucky is where Colonel Harlan Sanders is from, and that's enough for me to call it the South.

As Kentucky produces a significant number of my favorite bourbons I'm willing to grant them Southern status. 

25 minutes ago, knarthex said:

You think??????

Not unless I am absolutely forced to do so. 

8 people like this

31 minutes ago, TGP said:

Amuricans are geographically challenged. 

Exhibit A:

7 people like this

I've never been good at geography ... at the same time, I've never pretended to be good at it, either.

I've always been from 'here', and most everyone else from 'over there somewhere'.  Goblin geography is easy!

Of course, helping to moderate a site on the globe-spanning interwebz means I am slightly better at specifics... ^_~

8 people like this

51 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

*throws a snowball made of styrofoam at David*

41 minutes ago, Adept Legacy said:

Howdy folks. How is

*pelted by foam snowball*

*unconscious*

You have terrible aim... or Adept Legacy is adept at getting in the way! 

Thunderstorm rolling through right now... so wish I had a covered porch so I could sit outside and really enjoy it (without getting soaked)... 

10 people like this

3 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Let me see if I understand you correctly:

You were injured in a crash with a semi, because the semi driver was texting. You had a very serious injury that resulted in brain damage that has had lasting effects on your vestibular and verbal processing. Such that when you are experiencing increased vestibular stimuli (ie. in a car) your brain is running out of circuits trying to compensate. Now have great challenges multi-tasking processing of Vestibular and verbal functions.

When you went to get your new license from the DMV, you disclosed the traumatic brain injury, and the DMV shrugged and didn't seem to care. Now you are using your excellent sense of humor to point out the whole absurdity of the situation (with the inclusion of some well placed Pratchett references.) Did I get that right?

4000 lbs. (two short tons) is a little small for a semi.  Mostly I was quoting Mori.  My usual explanation is that I got sucker-punched with a Volkswagen (probably a few hundredweight shy of 2 short tons).  Driven by an O/R tech (in scrubs), and knocked into a contractor's work truck.  I was in an army uniform at the time, so when we all got out to exchange info we looked like The Village People.  But the rest is more or less correct, except that the vestibular effects from vehicular acceleration forces cause difficulty uni-tasking (never mind multi) and usually last for 10-14 days.  I don't get out much.

7 people like this

Wow!

I just discovered I can access every image I ever uploaded to the forums!post-8022-0-19689400-1364222522.jpg

18 people like this

Oh neat! I hadn't noticed that!

One of my first images, Circa 2007

post-4341-1205730973.jpg

One of my more recent circa 2015 (did I really not paint 'at all' in 2016? oy vey!)

post-4341-0-72282900-1439418426_thumb.jpg

Look how far I have come. 

15 people like this

6 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Oh neat! I hadn't noticed that!

One of my first images, Circa 2007

post-4341-1205730973.jpg

One of my more recent circa 2015 (did I really not paint 'at all' in 2016? oy vey!)

post-4341-0-72282900-1439418426_thumb.jpg

Look how far I have come. 

Noice!

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

The fact that you were inspired to draw and then post these sketches, in obvious expression of your joy is wonderful. 

art happens. 

I love these boards . 

I love these boards too! The people here helped me back to art; it's why I call it my art home. :wub:

And yeah haha, I reeeally don't care for my face without contacts, which i haven't been able to buy for a couple years. Self-confidence went up quite a bit haha!

Edited by Morihalda
8 people like this

Hmmn.  Most of my early images are missing from the posts. ;(  Not that you want to see them anyway, lol! 

3 people like this