Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14975 posts in this topic

post-14407-0-28129400-1440038776_thumb.jpg

This is really my first finished mini? I've come a fair ways, both painting and taking photos.

13 people like this

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

Wow!

I just discovered I can access every image I ever uploaded to the forums!

Hey!  I independently discovered that today, too!  Here's a group photo of my first submission to the forum, and my second commission ever (the first was a resin Sailor Moon kit some 20 years earlier):

post-13048-0-12045600-1387512040_thumb.jpg

12 people like this

This is fun!

Here's my first painted mini:

post-11389-0-34967700-1372294104_thumb.jpg

Ah, good times. ^_^ That bugbear taught me SO MUCH!!! :wub: Incidentally, it was this very figure that first clued buglips into the fact that Walnut Brown was not a good basecoat option for Bones, which led to the Brown Liner epiphany. :)

And one of my most recent figures:

post-11389-0-12140800-1478423855_thumb.jpg

It's really cool to see how much I've grown since that first figure. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to go back and paint him again, using colors as close to the original that I used, just for fun. *adds to painting queue*

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

17 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have been staring at the one figure on my shelf of shame for over a year now. 

Dagoth on his throne, in pink armor with a poorly done OSL.  I just thought, maybe ill cover him over in black ink whats the worst that could happen?

He looks pretty cool in inky black armor. I might go back and add highlights, but the contrast bone, grey stone and black ink works nicely. 

why did this take me so long? 

oh and speaking of shoddy painting, here are kobolds, first critters I painted.  still slightly sticky. stupid spray on primer.

4 years later.  I actually used them in a game this march. 

post-12081-0-60031700-1366864069_thumb.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
13 people like this

7 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Exhibit A:

::o: :blink: 

...what do they put in that bottle-blonde potion???

4 people like this

11 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

Thank you all for your concern. To those of you who have sent me messages, please know that I do appreciate you checking in on me and I apologize if my unresponsiveness has caused anyone any undo worry. I'm doing ok but do still need some more time before I think I'll be ready to re-emerge. Thank you, again, for all of your concern, it means a lot to me.

Take your time, we're here if you need us!

Looking forward to your return.

If you look out your window you'll notice a Technicoloured Wolf who sits on your doorstep, wagging his tail and tilting his head, staring hopefully at your door for you to come out and play.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

I have been painting for decades, long before I joined the Forum.

I joined in 2013, then my account got destroyed by an anomaly, Bryan helped me out and restored it, although I had to repost all I painted, and all my former posts and comments were gone.

This is not the first mini I painted, but it was the mini I introduced myself with on the Forum in 2013.

And I had to repost it in 2015 due to the above.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/60449-02967-alastriel-elf-sorceress/

Some of my latest stuff is visible in my sig.

These are what I consider to be my some of my better stuff.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72130-countess-karnstein-bust-by-xherman1964-solarwind/#comment-1478621

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/73056-massive-scorpion-demonworld-by-xherman1964/#comment-1507041

Edited by Xherman1964
10 people like this

On my drive home tonight I spaced out about 2 minutes into the drive as I was just hitting a stretch of road that's flat, empty, and has a speed limit of 50mph. I came out of it as I was approaching a red light on that stretch at 60+. I slammed the brakes, felt the car start to skid on the wet roads as my ABS kicked in, and realized there was no way I was going to stop before reaching the light so I just gunned it through. Now, granted, that light is almost 100% empty from 7p-7a, to the point where I think it should be on a sensor that only turns the primary lanes red when there's a vehicle present in the other lanes, but it still messed with me because I got hit with highway hypnosis or whatever so quickly.

There was at least one car behind me that witnessed the event, and I think it may have been one of my coworkers who was getting off work at the same time. If it was him, I'm sure I'll hear about it tonight when he comes in.

7 people like this

30 minutes ago, Unruly said:

On my drive home tonight I spaced out about 2 minutes into the drive as I was just hitting a stretch of road that's flat, empty, and has a speed limit of 50mph. I came out of it as I was approaching a red light on that stretch at 60+. I slammed the brakes, felt the car start to skid on the wet roads as my ABS kicked in, and realized there was no way I was going to stop before reaching the light so I just gunned it through. Now, granted, that light is almost 100% empty from 7p-7a, to the point where I think it should be on a sensor that only turns the primary lanes red when there's a vehicle present in the other lanes, but it still messed with me because I got hit with highway hypnosis or whatever so quickly.

There was at least one car behind me that witnessed the event, and I think it may have been one of my coworkers who was getting off work at the same time. If it was him, I'm sure I'll hear about it tonight when he comes in.

Glad nothing happened.

To avoid such hypnosis...

Listen to music.

Open a window or use the AC to keep the air in the car cool.

make sure you rested well enough.

6 people like this

Yeah, it's dangerous stuff, and you won't notice it sneaking up on you. Afterwards it's of course obvious and you can probably even tell when it started... 

It's a horrible thing to arrive somewhere, then realise that you can't remember much of the drive.

In addition to the Woofies advice I'll add 'stay hydrated'. And NOT with coffee. It's a diuretic...

6 people like this

12 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Glad nothing happened.

To avoid such hypnosis...

Listen to music.

Open a window or use the AC to keep the air in the car cool.

make sure you rested well enough.

This is going to sound weird, but I have found eating oranges helps me stay alert when driving at night.

7 people like this

It's because you're breaking the rythm. 

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Pingo said:

This is going to sound weird, but I have found eating oranges helps me stay alert when driving at night.

Actually not so weird.

Vitamine C is something that can help you stay awake.

Just one of several sources that confirm this.

http://www.sophisticatededge.com/does-vitamin-c-keep-you-awake.html

Edited by Xherman1964
8 people like this

Yeah, but the vitamin C effect isn't that quick. The results in the test mentioned was with IVs...

5 people like this

I would also advise not just staring straight ahead at the road the whole time. Glance around (briefly) to the sides or at a sign or something. Anything to break up the monotony of roooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

9 hours ago, Pingo said:

Wow!

I just discovered I can access every image I ever uploaded to the forums!

How does one do this?

8 people like this