Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

12332 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Actually, I took the Harry Potter quiz one time...

J.K. Rowling sent me a personal email to tell me that I canonically did not exist in the Harry Potter world...

"I'm...not really sure how it happened, since it's not actually in the coding, but according to my quiz, you are literally Darth Vader."

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

12 people like this

40 minutes ago, knarthex said:

What color lightsaber should yo have results....

You like to keep quiet with a low profile. You see out the traces of the darkside. You should have a yellow lightsaber

strange thing for a Drow....

Not from my perspective... it works as a nice accent to the purple black skin, and if Menzoberranzan was any indication, heat tracery in vivid colors was a big thing... yellow is definitely in the spectrum and would read as hotter than red.  I think it fits.  

7 people like this

I finished a mini today! I more closer!!!

17 people like this

I came back from D&D and took a nap. Then I woke up and ate an entire bag of spinach and arugula salad. Now I'm being fat by making some loaded potato skins that I'm drenching in A-1 because it makes them so much better. Otherwise they're too dry, because they're store bought and frozen and I don't think they load them with butter like I do if I make them myself.

9 people like this

I just finished ordering flowers for Mother's day, and discovered something interesting about the shipping charges. If I wanted them to be delivered on Saturday, it cost $15 extra. However, to have them delivered tomorrow only cost $5 extra (for Next Day delivery), since it didn't have the Saturday Delivery charge tacked on.

Well, okay then. I'm fine with them getting there sooner and actually paying less money for it. Twist my arm already. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

12 people like this

I did an itty bitty bit of painting last night. I have seemingly discovered how to clean my airbrush in a way that it doesn't require me to fully disassemble it, but rather just requires me to remove the needle between colors. I don't know why, but I can never do what everyone else does with airbrushes and just flush the color cup with solvent/cleaner between colors. I have to basically go through my whole clear in procedure or else I get some lingering color mixing in. And I'm using mineral spirits to clean it! It should be wrecking the acrylic paint!

So I just touched up some priming on a couple pieces, and then I sprayed the basecoat on my last 2 flesh golems while also using the airbrush to touch up the base coat on the other 3. But it's better than doing nothing.

9 people like this

13 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

This had probably been my best shot, and now I got a notice that I didn't get another job I was going for. Honestly, this is killing me inside. I don't know what the hell to do anymore.

Sorry to hear this.

I do hope you will get a break soon man!

Any chance of starting something for yourself?

Buying/selling stuff ? Painting Commissions?

Keep your chin up!

9 people like this

So I had this almost guest. He didn't like the credit card policy (that one is required to check in), and left after grabbing my manager's card. What I didn't know was that my manager's personal cell phone was on that card.

He called her and screamed at her at one o'clock in the morning. Then he got even more upset that she hung up on him, called the hotel and demanded a corporate number to complain about her. 

Like, seriously guy. Calm the elf down! No one at corporate is gonna take your side for screaming at a manager at 1am over this. Our credit card policies are viewable on our website and it's not our responsibility what other companies say about us.

11 people like this

14 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I didn't get the job.

I'm sorry to hear it.

13 hours ago, Unruly said:

One of my friends has a masters in materials engineering, and he was on the job hunt not too long ago. His Facebook feed was full of insane listings he saw for entry level positions that were wanting things like 5 years of experience, a masters in two disciplines, and all sorts of stuff like that for a wage of like $15/hr.  It was ridiculous. Oh, and some of the places he applied for wouldn't count his 3 years as a paid intern at Corning as experience. The job market is stupid as hell these days.

QFT.

11 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I have officially arrived in NYC! 

Yay!!

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Having consolation bacon right now. Wishing it were victory bacon.

Good call.

6 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

I finished a mini today! I more closer!!!

Good for you!

19 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

So I had this almost guest. He didn't like the credit card policy (that one is required to check in), and left after grabbing my manager's card. What I didn't know was that my manager's personal cell phone was on that card.

He called her and screamed at her at one o'clock in the morning. Then he got even more upset that she hung up on him, called the hotel and demanded a corporate number to complain about her. 

Like, seriously guy. Calm the elf down! No one at corporate is gonna take your side for screaming at a manager at 1am over this. Our credit card policies are viewable on our website and it's not our responsibility what other companies say about us.

Some people are elfs.

10 people like this

...and I just found out that I need to be in two different locations at approximately the same time today.

You're a dirty elf-smurfer, Monday.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Unruly said:

I did an itty bitty bit of painting last night. I have seemingly discovered how to clean my airbrush in a way that it doesn't require me to fully disassemble it, but rather just requires me to remove the needle between colors. I don't know why, but I can never do what everyone else does with airbrushes and just flush the color cup with solvent/cleaner between colors. I have to basically go through my whole clear in procedure or else I get some lingering color mixing in. And I'm using mineral spirits to clean it! It should be wrecking the acrylic paint.

WWKD. Do what Knarthex does. 

Airbrush works good for him. No troubles.  I am not exactly sure what that is. (My old badgers gave me fits.) Wonder what FX mineral spirits are having on the seals and Orings in yours? But again, What Would Knarthex Do?

WWKD.

_______

Just go to the one you like best CW, best donuts, ...or scenery, etc. 

33 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

...and I just found out that I need to be in two different locations at approximately the same time today.

You're a dirty elf-smurfer, Monday.

I am from a planet where it is Thursday. 

(Clearly the girls from HS who kept asking, 'what planet are you from?' were onto something.)

:ph34r:

54 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Some people are elfs.

The one Red ran into was a heap of Broccoli, possibly even Cauliflower. 

@redambrosia

Red, does your chain simply call the cops if someone wants to pay cash?

Edited by TGP
Best donuts.
8 people like this

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I think I would have called the police on him for harassment. 

Especially if there was any lapse of time between when he had tried to check in and when he called the manager. He has personal issues, wants control, and may be up to something. I've seen con artists use these kind of tactics to get what they want. 

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

It may say Thursday on the calendar, TGP,  but that's just a clever trick perpetrated by Monday.:grr:

I knew things were going too smoothly this week....

Edited by Chaoswolf
6 people like this

1 hour ago, TGP said:

The one Red ran into was a heap of Broccoli, possibly even Cauliflower. 

@redambrosia

Red, does your chain simply call the cops if someone wants to pay cash?

I like broccoli! Stop insulting it by comparing dickbags to it!

And no, we don't call the cops on people unless they've been invited to leave and won't. People can pay cash at check out, but to they have to have a credit card to authorize for room and tax, plus a certain amount for incedentals to check in. We've had too many issues with cash paying guests to allow no guarantee of payment.

10 people like this

Good morning all,

A local supplier is doing a steak cook out for companies that buy from them... We are doing our weekly production meeting early and quickly. HAHAH

8 people like this