Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14975 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That's an awesome story.

Yep yep.........Canadian.::D:

Reminds me that I want to visit Drumheller someday.... ::D:

8 people like this

22 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

That's not a dinosaur... that's a DRAGON!

That's what I thought!

7 people like this

man-alive! There is this GREAT Vietnamese Noodle house near work! I ALWAYS enjoy it. Never a "blah" moment!

AHhh just introduced another friend to that place too! ::):  

8 people like this

9 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Reminds me that I want to visit Drumheller someday.... ::D:

Fun fact: all dinosaurs are Canadian.::P:

8 people like this

I am tired and today and tomorrow are 12 hour shift days. Which also means that my exercise plan goes out the window, because my schedule becomes "wake up, go to work, come home, sleep" until Sunday afternoon. Then Sunday afternoon I put on armor and fight a bit, hopefully.

8 people like this

3 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

@knarthex sent me a surprise, and it didn't even explode!!!

Hide contents

DSCN6975.thumb.JPG.c8fa11420090a57990b5487412edefaf.JPGDSCN6976.thumb.JPG.e621d0c366771d06d68ddd72d68c6c58.JPGDSCN6977.thumb.JPG.ab46fa11e3b50724a0991fc46b6ea066.JPG

New I'd forgotten to pack the rassa frassen glitter bomb.....

8 people like this

23 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Today would have been my 4th anniversary. Time to get some flowers and have a visit.

::(:

That doesn't sound like the happy kind of anniversary.

23 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

In regards to Random Randomness... in my neighborhood a Halal Pizzaria is getting ready to open....

Halal Pizza? Somehow methinks that this is a multi-generational Islamic -American undertaking....

The Auld Grump - more importantly, they will also have kabobs... ::):

It means they will have Beef Pepperoni! BEEF! As someone who usually doesn't dig swine, I think Beef Pepperoni is the bomb!

9 people like this

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why is he trying to fatten you up?:huh:::P:

He wasn't ever stationed in Korea was he?

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Embarrassing, yet strangely gratifying - I was at work, on my break, and singing to Megan (Walk Right In, as it might be performed by Louis Armstrong) when one of the customers went 'Oh my God! You were Johnny Brewster !' (In Arsenic & Old Lace about a year ago.)

How she recognized me from a take on a 1960s folk spin of a 1920s jug band song, I will never know....

Megan, on the other hand thought that it was wonderful. (My being recognized, at least - I don't know what she made of my faux Louis Armstrong.... ::P:

Any who -

Rooftop Singers - 1963

Cannon's Jug Stompers - 1929.

It is worth mentioning that The Rooftop Singers recorded the song because Gus Cannon - who sang it originally, needed the money. ::):

The Auld Grump - as for Louis Armstrong, I once performed with a man that claimed to have smoked reefer with Mr. Armstrong in the railyard in St. Louis - when Louis Armstrong was at once both a household name, and just another uppity nigger.... (Gotta love America...) The man was headlining, playing to packed houses, yet still not allowed to stay in the good hotels....

Edited by TheAuldGrump
7 people like this

38 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

::(:

That doesn't sound like the happy kind of anniversary.

It's bittersweet.

5 people like this

Had a pretty unpleasant experience this afternoon, had some guys try and hustle me for money.

First one guy in a van stops me at my front door as I'm coming home from the shops, says he needs to cut down the trees in my front garden, I tell him to give me a minute and I'll talk to him.

Next thing there's like 6 guys in the garden and one of them is taking a chainsaw to the trees, and the first guy is explaining how I'm going to be charged by the kilo for the wood they remove.

I'm getting flummoxed because I'm not good at dealing with people, so I close the front door on the guy and go get my housemate (they're the people person), housemate rolls her eyes at me for letting it get so far, and tells me to tell them to sod off or we'll call the police.

I go back to the front door, and there's 3 large guys inside the hallway demanding £300, I'm panicking but manage to tell them I know this is a scam and I'm calling the cops, 2 of the guys leave but the third guy tries haggling with me, I repeat what I said, and he leaves saying he's calling the police because I'm scamming him, but they all get in their vans pretty darn quick and take off.

Gotta call the landlord on Monday, hopefully they don't mind having tree stumps instead of trees.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

I love it!!!!

If I were rich I would totally buy it and put it on display in my living room.

Buy a Kaladrax instead, it's more likely to be within your budget and much safer.

People get upset when we paint and mod unique fossils.

6 people like this