Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

12026 posts in this topic

Speaking of ridiculously old-fashioned expressions that are unlikely to be invented by any modern person in modern times, has anyone else here ever had to "prime a pump"?  

I have.  I once lived in a house whose only source of water was a pump.  My life has been rather peculiar in many ways.

12 people like this

9 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Huh. They might need to add as a condition that causes that as being inflated like a balloon. Or whatever the medical term is for what they did to me. 

Appendicitis itself can cause it, blunt abdominal trauma can cause it, pretty much things that cause blood in the abdomen can cause it. I do see the bruising around one of the instrument insertion sites (I'm blanking on the technical term.) and they do make a larger hole near your belly button for the camera insertion. But I wouldn't think the use of nitrogen to blow up your adbomen so they can see what they are doing on camera (what you see in the pics is what they saw). And that's how they do laperscopic surgery. Imagine your recovery time if they had to convert you to open. 

4 people like this

Morning all! Already walked the dogs, and that was before my first cup of coffee... which I now have. Then it's off to brunch. 

6 hours ago, Pingo said:

They do make things interesting.

Interesting... yeah...

7 people like this

27 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Speaking of ridiculously old-fashioned expressions that are unlikely to be invented by any modern person in modern times, has anyone else here ever had to "prime a pump"?  

I have.  I once lived in a house whose only source of water was a pump.  My life has been rather peculiar in many ways.

Yes.  Several times a day.  It was how we watered the animals on the farm as I was growing up.

7 people like this

9 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Appendicitis itself can cause it, blunt abdominal trauma can cause it, pretty much things that cause blood in the abdomen can cause it. I do see the bruising around one of the instrument insertion sites (I'm blanking on the technical term.) and they do make a larger hole near your belly button for the camera insertion. But I wouldn't think the use of nitrogen to blow up your adbomen so they can see what they are doing on camera (what you see in the pics is what they saw). And that's how they do laperscopic surgery. Imagine your recovery time if they had to convert you to open. 

Is "convert you to open" the phrase for it?  They had to do that to my husband for his emergency gallbladder surgery.

3 people like this

You know what I love, when windows installs a giant update, and then doesn't finish the job until you log in. That stupid flashing propaganda screen it shows while it is doing it just makes me want to tear the machine apart.

12 people like this

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

Yes, I have. The Navy has many unique systems still in use onboard ships.

10 people like this

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

I have. I do 99% of the repairs on my farm and houses. The house pump out at the farm sometimes needs to be primed if I've done any work where the water drained out of it.

7 people like this

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

I have actually, one of the delights of living on a farm. Even more fun when it has a non-ergonomic handle. Worse when it freezes in the winter and breaks the pipe.

7 people like this

15 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Sibling came over for the weekend to help straighten out the apartment. My bedroom is like 75% clean now, we've been working off and on since about noon. We've got a box and a half of stuff to donate, mostly books and two bags of clothes that are going as well. SIbling will be coming over again next weekend to help finish anything up that doesn't get done this week. 

In doing all this cleaning I strained my back from bending over repeatedly. So this morning we went to the store and I got an Icy Hot Tens Therapy thing and it's helped wonders. It's got a reusable electrode pad with it but we couldn't find any of the replacements for when this one goes out so will have to do some looking around. And that's pretty much been my day. Hope everyone is doing well.

Walmart, Target and CVS all carry the replacement pads for the IcyHot tens therapy device, in both the back and knee/shoulder sizes. They also come with a replacement battery in each 2 pack. And yes, they do work wonders for pain, even chronic pain. 

8 people like this

I'm tired...

2 people like this

When you go to your brother's house for dinner and he puts guacamole in the appetizer...

And you're allergic to avocado. :down:

*starving*

6 people like this

1 minute ago, Aryanun said:

When you go to your brother's house for dinner and he puts guacamole in the appetizer...

And you're allergic to avocado. :down:

*starving*

My sympathies!!!

*** Someone get this girl some food STAT!!!!***

9 people like this

peeks around the thread edge 

6 people like this

House is clean. Chores laid out for the kids in anticipation to the return of their mother, who will hopefully return to a decent house condition.

Stew was reheated for lunch. Tasty like last night.

Was playing with the puppy this morning and found out that her teeth can fit underneath my finger nail. It's quite sore.

Hmm. Think I'll take a nap.

9 people like this