Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

12332 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

I asked for it. It was a sit/stand desk, but I found that I stood all day most days. My back was happier...

As for boxes, I doubt it. We were nearly paperless! 

Should be getting my second monitor soon. Was told no chance on getting a standing desk. ::(:

Maybe I am in the minority, but a standing desk sounds like a punishment. I could NEVER work efficiently at a standing desk.

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Wanted to share this with you guys and gals. This fella rides with one of our window installers here at work. He is about 4 years old and sweet as he can be!

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ahegz_GGjRV6ho5HPsqn6MES3UTJsA

Edited by Arc 724
6 people like this

4 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

I asked for it. It was a sit/stand desk, but I found that I stood all day most days. My back was happier...

As for boxes, I doubt it. We were nearly paperless! 

Should be getting my second monitor soon. Was told no chance on getting a standing desk. ::(:

Get your own?  Or make a ghetto one?

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Get your own?  Or make a ghetto one?

I was told I can do that. Gonna need to find some boxes....

4 people like this

I've got some woodworking tools if you want to give that a shot.  There are plenty of plans out there; I remember seeing a bunch on Lifehacker.

5 people like this

4 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

In terms of smell, Eurcin has the least. 

That one is best put on right after a shower. Its downside is that it can feel greasy after application. 

I have not used udder cream or lard, so I can't comment on smell or other advantages or disadvantages. 

Hemp lotion has less tendency to leave a greasy feel then eucerin but does have a smell.

Corn huskers lotion as some smell, but doesnt have the greasy feel. I remember there was a chance of a slight film residue, which was slightly gummy, but washed off quickly while still leaving your hands feeling better. 

The cheapest options ions are likely the corn huskers and the lard. I suggest experimenting with all the options until you find one that works for you. 

I will admit that I haven't needed either corn huskers or hemp for my dry cracked hands in a few years, because I have been needing to put the eucerin on my legs for dry skin (which I do right after I shower) and I think enough gets on my hands that way that my hands haven't become dry and cracked. But I also haven't gone back to painting with turpentine and working with clay and alabaster which seemed to really dry my hands out. 

Turpentine dissolves oils, including the oils in your skin.  Clay and similar powders (and garden soil, for that matter) have immense surface areas that wick oils out of your skin.  Between them they're murder on skin.

I wear nitrile gloves whenever working with that stuff.

6 people like this

9 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I've got some woodworking tools if you want to give that a shot.  There are plenty of plans out there; I remember seeing a bunch on Lifehacker.

I'll have to think about it first... Not sure how much effort to go to. Plus I'll need a pad to stand on.

Was supposed to be off site today, but the first one got cancelled and the afternoon one turned into a teleconference. ::P:

6 people like this

1 minute ago, David Brawley said:

I'll have to think about it first... Not sure how much effort to go to. Plus I'll need a pad to stand on.

Was supposed to be off site today, but the first one got cancelled and the afternoon one turned into a teleconference. ::P:

Foam anti fatigue mats are cheap; plus you can turn them into cosplay armor!

8 people like this

1 minute ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Foam anti fatigue mats are cheap; plus you can turn them into cosplay armor.

heh, my daughter is in the process of turning one into items for a Link cosplay she wants to wear at a Comic-Con in July.

8 people like this

41 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

I honestly have no thoughts. I am too far inland for it to be sea water salt. I think it is just dry, it has not rained and I am unaccustomed to the air conditioning that is required here. I think the air conditioner makes it very dry. 

Air conditioning does usually lower humidity. I notice I get super thirsty on long drives with the air conditioning on.

8 people like this

I am so bored today.  Work is going terribly slow and I want to cry. Being an adult can really be a sad thing sometimes. I keep thinking about the mini I am working on and just want to go paint...<_<

10 people like this

Good morning, friends! I hope everyone is doing well! O:

I have arrived back home! I didn't feel like announcing our empty apartment to the WWW was a good decision. We had fun and I hope to have a short video on our little adventure in a few weeks. ::): 

13 people like this

Just now, Morihalda said:

Good morning, friends! I hope everyone is doing well! O:

I have arrived back home! I didn't feel like announcing our empty apartment to the WWW was a good decision. We had fun and I hope to have a short video on our little adventure in a few weeks. ::): 

Where did you go to visit?

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Being the King  IS the side job. They like to keep busy there. Just ask @Xherman1964.

4 people like this

14 hours ago, hiddenone32 said:

There are comment places outside of these forums?  Nope.  Not gonna believe that.

WOOF Scientists have concluded that there is NO Life beyond this Forum!

We are alone!!!

All rumours of other beings are highly exaggerated.

ALL HAIL WOOF!!

9 people like this