Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14975 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, TGP said:

We should start a Randomness Thread game to help out Haldir (who has a Tavern that desperately needs Renaming). I will start:

The Tasty Codfish

Codfather's Cauldron

10 people like this

54 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Happiness is a new Silpat. :) 

So worth getting then? I tend to just use a lot of unbleached parchment paper because it makes clean up easy. (Easy clean up is very popular in my house.)

6 people like this

Bah...

The EvilBay auction I'm bidding on ends in about an hour and fifty minutes... which is about fifty minutes after I plan to go to bed tonight...

I guess I'll find out after work tomorrow whether or not I won... However, it's under two hours til it closes, and my original bid is the only one entered so far.

Also, re: taverns...

The Rusty Scupper

(Very appropriate for a dockside tavern, and actually the name of a real restaurant/bar I've been to before - although the name is already mildly bawdy, it's been rechristened by the local theaterfolk to something much more ribald involving a prophylactic...)

6 people like this

It's too hot.

I'm grumpy. 

I'm refraining from commenting on a variety of things that are all rubbing me the wrong way, because I know I'm hot and grumpy....

Having a salad for dinner. I want fried chicken. *SIGH*

11 people like this

12 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

It's too hot.

I'm grumpy. 

I'm refraining from commenting on a variety of things that are all rubbing me the wrong way, because I know I'm hot and grumpy....

Having a salad for dinner. I want fried chicken. *SIGH*

Gone are the days when you cooked what you wanted ?? :poke: 

8 people like this

1 minute ago, TGP said:

Gone are the days when you cooked what you wanted ?? :poke: 

No, but I'm trying to watch what I eat. Besides, I had apple roast pork loin for lunch... Again, just hot and grumpy. 

8 people like this

41 minutes ago, TGP said:

We should start a Randomness Thread game to help out Haldir (who has a Tavern that desperately needs Renaming). I will start:

The Tasty Codfish

The Toasted Crumpet

The Toasted Strumpet

Buds and Suds

Deja Brew

7 people like this

11 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

So worth getting then? I tend to just use a lot of unbleached parchment paper because it makes clean up easy. (Easy clean up is very popular in my house.)

I use both. The Silpat is reuseable, but it needs to be washed. I usually just rinse it in hot water and wipe it with a paper towel. It lives on a baking sheet in the oven. They do turn brown and get oily after a while but continue to work just fine. I had mine ~ 12 years before it got too bad to use.  I use it for french fries, sweet potato fries, baked vegetables, bread, and frozen foods like chicken fingers and pot pies.  Pretty much anything that's not going to leak too much oil or liquid. It is great for leftover pizza. And of course you want one under any fruit pie that is going to spill over. 

I usually only do cookies on parchment, so I can whip the entire sheet off to a cooling rack, and slide a 2nd sheet of cookies onto the pan and into the oven immediately.  I've also done parchment wrapped fish on occasion. 

9 people like this

51 minutes ago, TGP said:

The Tasty Codfish

Actually that pdf has 1200 names for taverns............The Yeasty one was near the bottom when it changed over to the battlemap of a generic tavern.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Argentee said:

Well, in my (and my cat's) case laying out in the warmth of the sun eases the pain of our arthritis.

Laying out in the sun, potentially worsens mine. 

Experiments are so far mixed. 

4 people like this

Ok, I got my ship or will ship notification from Paizo for my monthly AP book shipment. Anyone wanna say the Reaper Bones shipment I'm getting gets here before that does?

::P:

9 people like this

7 minutes ago, haldir said:

Ok, I got my ship or will ship notification from Paizo for my monthly AP book shipment. Anyone wanna say the Reaper Bones shipment I'm getting gets here before that does?

::P:

Considering the track record you've had with them, I'm not about to take that bet.::P:

8 people like this

Uh, whoops, I just missed five pages, I think.  Y'all have been busy the last six hours.

10 people like this

Been snowing all day here. Pulled the tomatoes out of the greenhouse and put them into the garage. Last snow killed half of them, but I was visiting the local medical facilities and couldn't do

much about it then. 

Now at a 6th grade band concert and I can feel my mind going. Going to start singing Daisy soon. 

8 people like this

49 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

A person on the Facebook Reaper group just mentioned that he just got a UPS notice for Reaper miniatures. It may have just begun, stay tuned.

That might be the initial random grab of orders to make sure the software / export file is working. (Always a good idea, no matter how many times you've done it. Windows updates, mice, Murphy and the flapping of butterfly wings in Asia can all make the file suddenly not export correctly) 

So I anticipate shipping in earnest to begin Monday. (If the Rando on the FB group isn't blowing smoke.)

2 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

The whole wheat pasta is a lie.  Fortunately I only accidentally bought one box of it.

Try Barrilla Protien Plus. All the good stuff of while wheat, without the limpness and funny taste.

10 people like this