Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

12309 posts in this topic

Just now, Chaoswolf said:

Gunwale ( that's pronounced gunnel, you filthy landlubbers::P:)

I know but I'm more by amused by the image of a Gun Whale.

7 people like this

I'm sure @Froggy the Great will be converting one shortly.

42 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

Good morning all,

Who is excited about a long boring day at work?! I know I am not! I am working 10 hours today and it makes me want to cry. I wouldn't be so sad about it, except that my job is so boring that it can really be depressing. 

The only good thing is that it's Friday. However, I'm on call this weekend, so...yeah.

9 people like this

I'm saving all these tavern names for possible use later. :ph34r:

I also do not care about the KS stuff. It will get here in a bit, and that's enough for me. Considered I only skim most KS updates, knowing I'll get my stuff "soonish" is good enough for me.

Besides, it's not like getting it sooner is gonna get them painted any sooner. :rolleyes:

10 people like this

I'm tired and don't want to leave the bed. 1st world problems I know. 

Gonna force myself into work, get the one thing done I need to get done, and come home. That's the plan. (This usually leads me to staying until 6PM.)

9 people like this

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I put all mine in the same box, with everything divided into ziplock baggies based (roughly) on type. Dunno what I'm gonna do with the new stuff, most of it is the big minis, those won't fit in my box.

All my unpainted Bones 2 are in a big shoe box, sorted into zip lock baggies by type/set. I'm planning on doing Perry much the same thing with bones 3. Good thing my bride needs new boots!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I recommend a nice, frosty, cold beer and kitten(puppy,Corgi, cute animal of choice) videos.

Remember, those are the vocal minority you're seeing there. I might only be speaking for myself here, but I'm not worried about it; it'll get here when it gets here (which, with my luck, will be on a day that I'm working late, or out of town so I can't bring it into the house unnoticed).

Good plan. I had lots of ice water, watched supernatural, and <redacted>. Setting up the ac helped too.

I'm not worried, I just want to know what's up. :wow:

53 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I'm saving all these tavern names for possible use later. :ph34r:

I also do not care about the KS stuff. It will get here in a bit, and that's enough for me. Considered I only skim most KS updates, knowing I'll get my stuff "soonish" is good enough for me.

Besides, it's not like getting it sooner is gonna get them painted any sooner. :rolleyes:

These are done great names aren't they?

Faster, no... Not even close.

It's too hot still... 

53 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Patience, grasshoppers. It's been a year plus; a few more days isn't that big a deal.

You say that, but a few days might make the difference of delivery before memorial day or after!

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Important TFTD: "Without dustcatchers the dust bunnies would win."

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I put all mine in the same box, with everything divided into ziplock baggies based (roughly) on type. Dunno what I'm gonna do with the new stuff, most of it is the big minis, those won't fit in my box.

New box?  Place the really big, biggest ones on shelves (as dust catchers) to guard you. (From the dust bunnies; lest they form an army...)

2 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

Good morning all,

Who is excited about a long boring day at work?! I know I am not! I am working 10 hours today and it makes me want to cry. I wouldn't be so sad about it, except that my job is so boring that it can really be depressing. 

Can we ask? what sort of work this is? Paper clip counting? Spreadsheet rearranging? Bean counting? (...I have heard legends of bean-counters...it would be interesting to confirm they exist) Box stacking...and unstacking...so they can be restacked?

Somebody mentioned that @Morihalda brought Back ice and snow pictures...implying they were posted somewhere. Did anyone bookmark the thread ?

Edited by TGP
Chellspecking
6 people like this

1 hour ago, Erifnogard said:

I know but I'm more by amused by the image of a Gun Whale.

T5L4k9CygN-2.png

12 people like this

21 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

We changed ours to a friend's address when we left for vacation, as we weren't sure if it would deliver while we were gone.

We've decided to leave it - better to suck in another friend (or scare them away with the sheer amount?) than let his parents see just how many dragons I bought. :lol: 

Who's messing with my brain??? Just me?

I could have sworn I put that in Randomness. I thought I was reading Randomness.

Wat.

7 people like this

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

Or pick up some extra cash on ebay? 

I've definitely considered it. We'll see how much I can get into this one tackle box first.

3 people like this

Less than 4 hours of sleep last night. Today is going to be a fun day. Perhaps a nap is in my future later on.

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Remember, those are the vocal minority you're seeing there. I might only be speaking for myself here, but I'm not worried about it; it'll get here when it gets here (which, with my luck, will be on a day that I'm working late, or out of town so I can't bring it into the house unnoticed).

Oh I know, but they need to be nipped in the bud fast. All it takes is a few to start negative comments, and then suddenly a bunch of others are piling on like lemmings. Got to put some perspective on it and try to remain positive, the ball is rolling now.

5 people like this

13 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Who's messing with my brain??? Just me?

I could have sworn I put that in Randomness. I thought I was reading Randomness.

Wat.

It's not just you. :) It appears several posts were relocated to the appropriate thread. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

6 people like this

Finally got to try the new board game cafe this week, Donuts and Dragons.

It's roomy, and the kitchen area isn't much to look at, but they have a nice big collection of games. And they recently started a Wednesday evening D&D game, and I was there! Last time I RPed was at ReaperCon.

D&D 5e, we created 1st level characters, and played until closing time. We lost the last battle (lots of bad rolls on our side) but won the adventure. Cultists and kobolds were destroying a town while a blue dragon was attacking the keep. We were a mixed group, a youngster who was playing D&D for the first time. And though I see myself as a veteran gamer, I'm still relatively new to 5e, particularly character creation. But I got through it, had regular 5e players clean correct my sheet, and then game on!

Barsire Warmbottom, NG male halfling sorcerer of brass dragon ancestry (fire). After a life of seclusion, he's out in the world now trying to find information about his dragon "grandma". He's quite willing to chat with everyone, including enemies in middle of battle. The DM was surprised when I approached the last kobold standing in the battle, and instead of attacking, I took out  a scroll with a drawing of "grandma" and asked "Do you know my grandma?". I suddenly felt like Deadpool in the opening scene of the movie, and Natsu Dragneel from the Fairy Tail anime.

I also had a coffee and chicken pesto panini sandwich.

10 people like this

6 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

It's not just you. :) It appears several posts were relocated to the appropriate thread. 

Huzzah!

You're messing with our braaaaaaaaiiiiiiins.:zombie:

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

You're messing with our braaaaaaaaiiiiiiins.:zombie:

I can't claim any credit. It is tidier, though. ^_^

Huzzah!

6 people like this