Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

11844 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I just misread something as "black ferret cake" :blink: 

A cursory googling reveals that this is in fact a thing.

9 people like this

I cleaned the trash out of my car, and then I went to the local car wash to use their vacuum because I didn't want to drag out my 100ft extension cord and haul my home vacuum down the stairs. Also, those thins at car washes usually have much more powerful suction.

Not this one. It couldn't pick up a piece of cellophane wrapper that I missed. There was practically no suction at all. So that was a waste of $1.50 because my car looks no different than if I had just stopped after pulling the trash out.

2 people like this

96 minutes and my work week is done...assuming they don't drop something on me with 15 minutes left like last week.

8 people like this

Just now, Unruly said:

I cleaned the trash out of my car, and then I went to the local car wash to use their vacuum because I didn't want to drag out my 100ft extension cord and haul my home vacuum down the stairs. Also, those thins at car washes usually have much more powerful suction.

Not this one. It couldn't pick up a piece of cellophane wrapper that I missed. There was practically no suction at all. So that was a waste of $1.50 because my car looks no different than if I had just stopped after pulling the trash out.

I've had that happen. It sucks.

Or, I guess it doesn't! :lol:

Just now, Froggy the Great said:

96 minutes and my work week is done...assuming they don't drop something on me with 15 minutes left like last week.

115 here... 

8 people like this

Ugh. Just found poison ivy growing in my front flower bed. Where are the chemicals....

5 people like this

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

Ugh. Just found poison ivy growing in my front flower bed. Where are the chemicals....

On your hands, if my prior encounters with that viney beast are any indication.

6 people like this

27 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

119 more for me....::(:

4 people like this

6 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

I'm tired and don't want to leave the bed. 1st world problems I know. 

Gonna force myself into work, get the one thing done I need to get done, and come home. That's the plan. (This usually leads me to staying until 6PM.)

I always feel better after dragging myself out of bed, but queries are taking 5 to 20 minutes to run. 

Been trying to be productive by reading Demming or cleaning up my email, but the afternoon is wearing on.

The simple query change of course wasn't so simple, but I'm part of that problem, adding more things and tweaking the performance.

5 people like this

20 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Last I knew, around age 14, I was not allergic, but DH is VERY much so.  He had to see a doctor last time. I have not been inclined to test my immune system.  Hmn, Sunday is looking like a good, dry day for spraying. 

Some friends cleared out an abandoned property they bought last year. They had vines as big around as my forearm, going up into 50ft trees.  *shudder*   And of course they couldn't burn any of what they cleared, it all had to be cut up and bagged. 

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

I just misread something as "black ferret cake" :blink: 

@redambrosia or @Argentee this needs to go on the menu specials list next to the tavern names list. 

42 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

A cursory googling reveals that this is in fact a thing.

:lol: 

18 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

We hateses it; it hateses us; hateses, hateses, hateses...

6 people like this

SO, I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to check my Facebook, and found out that my account was locked. According to Facebook itself, they temporarily locked it because someone was trying to get into it, they even showed me that it was from a person in Bangladesh on an HTC Android device. Wasn't happy about it, but I am glad that Facebook gave me a heads-up and provided me with that information, at least.

10 people like this

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I just had beef chili and  Frito topped pizza to which I added some bacon for lunch.

Why?

'Cause I don't elf around, baby. If I'm gonna eat something bad for me, I'm gonna go all the way.::D:

My husband interviewed with Papa Johns pizza, while trying to get his current employer to stop making him driver back to Detroit every other weekend. About the time Papa Johns was checking his references, his current company stopped making him travel. :lol:

However the next week papa johns announced the Fritos pizza. He is a pizza snob and had a very visceral reaction to this. He now says he's glad he didn't have to take the job because he doesn't know if he could work for someone who put Fritos on a pizza. 

I dont care. As long as they weren't soggy I think they might be good.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

Yes. I work from home.  My job is painfully dull.  It is not that it does not require me to do work. It is just completely mind numbing boring work.  So I stalk the forums because I can at least type a bit.  I can't paint (I try to, but it is only for a few seconds at a time, which is VERY frustrating), I cant really relax, I cant play games.  It is just enough work to keep me doing stuff, but not enough to engage me mentally nor allow me time to pursue other passions. I am on call, so I can't leave my computer, because if the phone rings and I don't answer it (unless I am already on another call) it will be bad.

I know working at home sounds glamorous, and there are certainly benefits, but there are also down side.

For me the idea of working from home sounds like hell.

6 people like this

3 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

For me the idea of working from home sounds like hell.

Out of curiosity, why hell?

I mean, I don't think it's super fun, but it is not like I am being tortured.

4 people like this

Brunch consumed. Wife got a "cowboy omelet": ham and cheese smothered in sausage gravy along with three pancakes. Came out and it appeared they used about a dozen eggs on it.

Then we stopped at a jewelry store and ordered up a custom replacement wedding ring for the one she lost in Japan. Thank goodness she appreciates practicality over appearance. Small gems in a low set band. Still, set me back a Bones 3 KS pledge with a plot of trimmings. Worth it for the teasing hell I get to put her through for the next month.

Really feel like a nap now. I should hobby. Think its just too much consumed.

4 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

Out of curiosity, why hell?

I mean, I don't think it's super fun, but it is not like I am being tortured.

Personally, for me working from home a combination of tortures. I'm so close to hobby stuff, but shouldn't even glance at the minis. Then, I feel I shouldn't let myself get distracted and should concentrate on work. For some reason I feel distractions (coworker stories about nothing, etc) while at the office are acceptable, and are just part of the cost of doing business.

10 people like this