Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

12309 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Zink said:

I've often wondered if the pronunciation of naval terms was because of the quantity and quality of the rum the sailors used to have. I know I start slurring and mumbling after enough alcohol. I live about as far from the sea as possible so sailing isn't one of my specialties.

Yes.

5 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Nice! I've used the Green Griffon Inn in my game for many years ever since I first saw this Dave Trampier work:

35715073e84aa7426c69581ee8181610.jpg

Fun fact: That is actually the Street of Knights in Rhodes.

Fun Fact: I've been there.

3 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

My husband interviewed with Papa Johns pizza, while trying to get his current employer to stop making him driver back to Detroit every other weekend. About the time Papa Johns was checking his references, his current company stopped making him travel. :lol:

However the next week papa johns announced the Fritos pizza. He is a pizza snob and had a very visceral reaction to this. He now says he's glad he didn't have to take the job because he doesn't know if he could work for someone who put Fritos on a pizza. 

I dont care. As long as they weren't soggy I think they might be good.

They were not soggy, and I thought it was pretty good.

Totally horrible for me, but good.

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

Well time to go! Date night!!

Make sure you're home early, young man!

1 hour ago, Thes Hunter said:

But, heres how it goes:

im busy in the am, cause other people are in the office and email is a distraction. (I need my focus if I'm writing complicated sql.) 

Then I get down in the weeds in the afternoon, and I get hot on the trail of solving my current puzzle. Soon my queries hit there mark... and though I may have drawn blood, usually it only rises more questions. But I've smelled blood and I'm not going to stop until I can lift my blood soaked muzzle in howl announcing my victory. 

But then I look at the clock and it has somehow become 18:46 and the heavy humid dusk is setting over the land. 

Oh, since you phrased it that way....

....I can totally understand where you're coming from.

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hmmm, I seem to have aquired two more teen ageged girls for the night; or the weekend.  I am unsure of which.  One will be here for the weekend, the other I'm not sure about.  Awesome Wife knows but she is running a third teenaged girl around. (none of these extra three belong to me).

My condolences. Even if you survive, your sanity is gonna be toast.::P:

Side note about the totally bad for me lunch: I don't do that very often. Generally, I try my best to eat healthy.

10 people like this

48 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

That would be the best time to do performance evals. :lol:

Would indeed! So of course our reappointments are voted on during the first week of may.

5 people like this

I have some sort of mental thing that I don't really buckle down to get stuff done until I "Go somewhere". So I'd kick around and procrastinate and wouldn't ever get stated and then feel guilty and then avoid work more and then develop a low self esteem because why is it so hard for me to just start working? (I become convince it must be because I'm lazy and not because I'm just wired this way.)  and then I decompensate into a pile of goo. 

So, lose my job, lose my self worth, lose everything, hell.

I know it works for some people, but it doesn't work for me.

I painfully relate to this. My 1 year online self-paced Medical Coder certification program has stretched to 3.5 years (and still going, but hopefully not too much longer). I discovered too late that self-paced is probably the worst possible environment for me, but by then were already too financially invested in it for me to pull out. I will get it done, eventually.... :unsure:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

12 people like this

I some how manage to trick my brain into doing real work when I have to.  Now...when it comes time to write papers, I will camp out for the night at the school library in a dark corner.  I can't start a paper at home....ugh...I actually just got a slight panic memory from the nightmare that was my last two weeks of last semester lol. I got really nauseous just writing that...YAY GRAD SCHOOL!

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

So what was Emrikol like in person? ::P:

Edited by Erifnogard
11 people like this

4 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

I some how manage to trick my brain into doing real work when I have to.  Now...when it comes time to write papers, I will camp out for the night at the school library in a dark corner.  I can't start a paper at home....ugh...I actually just got a slight panic memory from the nightmare that was my last two weeks of last semester lol. I got really nauseous just writing that...YAY GRAD SCHOOL!

I hear you there! Lol!

so what are you getting your phd in?

5 people like this

37 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Make sure you're home early, young man!

Well, okay... but I'm gonna bring home the hottest woman there. Just a heads up. 

And 7pm est... I'm guessing no update from Reaper till Monday at this point. :down: As much as I want to grouse, I've met these guys, and I know that there must be something up. I just wish I knew what it was. I hope they can enjoy their weekend. 

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

I hear you there! Lol!

so what are you getting your phd in?

Early Medieval History...because I think wasting my life is a fun thing. :B):

Many people ask if I am studying Vikings. Yes, partially, but not mainly.  While many Americans are (rightly) fascinated by Vikings, it is my national history so it is not as unique back home as it is here!

Edited by Baldur8762
8 people like this

12 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

I'm sure he had good reasons for setting people on fire and the castings of finger of death.

5 people like this

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I'm sure he had good reasons for setting people on fire and the castings of finger of death.

He is using the wrong finger for that spell!!!::P:

7 people like this

3 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

Many people ask if I am studying Vikings. Yes, partially, but not mainly.  While many Americans are (rightly) fascinated by Vikings, it is my national history so it is not as unique back home as it is here!

That was almost my major before I veered off into art instead.

I didn't get very far in it.  Classical and medieval Latin, mostly, and Anglo-Saxon poetry.

Basically, I know how to pronounce Geat.

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, knarthex said:

He is using the wrong finger for that spell!!!::P:

You're thinking of finger of contempt.::P:

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:
52 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Nice guy, really knows how to party.

That picture is a depiction of what happened the last time someone misspelled his name.::P:

8 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

He did, see above.

Edited by Chaoswolf
spacing
7 people like this

12 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

Don't forget to send your "Happy Lief Erikson Day" cards on 9 October!

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Why do I mistrust a Sith asking for invasive plants?

Because you have a survival instinct. I have a couple different mixed drinks that can take care of that. Do you prefer your oblivion apple, licorice, or chocolate flavored?

Edited by Argentee
Fixing typos
7 people like this