Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14975 posts in this topic

Just now, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hey, I'm a sailor.  I'll drink just about anything if it's free.

Generally I approve of this rule but I suspended it when offered a free Zima.  For that matter it was all I could do not to consider the offer an attempt at assassination.

5 people like this

10 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I asked Alexa (our Echo Dot) to play some music, expecting 80's rock since that's what I usually request. Instead, she said "Here's a station you might like: New Age Relaxation."

It's like she knew exactly what I needed today. XD 

EDIT: Actually, I gotta admit, it IS rather relaxing. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I made a Chris Cornell station in iheartradio for work last night. Scary thing is the first 4 songs were all done by dead lead singers....Umm ok. First 2 was Chris, the other 2 was Nirvana (Cobain) & Alice in Chains (Staley)

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, Erifnogard said:

Generally I approve of this rule but I suspended it when offered a free Zima.  For that matter it was all I could do not to consider the offer an attempt at assassination.

That what the just about is for.  I also avoid "punishment shots"; like cement mixers.

6 people like this

8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Nice! I've used the Green Griffon Inn in my game for many years ever since I first saw this Dave Trampier work:

Fun fact: That is actually the Street of Knights in Rhodes.

The list did mention they took names from actual places, made up but in the gaming genre (Green Dragon, Griffon) etc etc.

6 people like this

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

:lol: I take it you haven't read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? That's the description for a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, the "best drink in existence." It is advised that you should "never drink more than two Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters unless you are a thirty ton mega elephant with bronchial pneumonia." 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

And maybe not even then.

7 people like this

1 hour ago, Erifnogard said:

Will you be showing that to us?  I for one would be interested.

I think so.  It's not quite done and tomorrow is game day, so it might not be until Sunday or Monday, depending on how tricky the photos are (the pencil goes all silver if I use a direct flash).

I'm enjoying making the hands expressive.

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one who actually likes Zima? Or Smirnoff Ice? Am I really that lame?

1 hour ago, haldir said:

I made a Chris Cornell station in iheartradio for work last night. Scary thing is the first 4 songs were all done by dead lead singers....Umm ok. First 2 was Chris, the other 2 was Nirvana (Cobain) & Alice in Chains (Staley)

I can't like this. 

---

So in 9 days I am going to see my High School Idol play in concert. I have never seen him play, even though I have seen 'his' Band in concert. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
6 people like this

26 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Am I the only one who actually likes Zima? Or Smirnoff Ice? Am I really that lame?

I would never imply lameness from someone else's choice of libation.

Watch in horror as you consume them yes, but silently. 

7 people like this

So tonight I spent several hours 'touching up' the primer on some things I spray primed. There was a little bit of perfectionistic noodling but not too much. And I feel like I spend a lot of hobby nights cleaning shin lines, or priming. And I'm like, where do all these primed things go? If i had tons of primed things sitting around, then I would have my answer, but I don't. 

And if I had lots of actually painted things sitting around (:lol: a girl can dream right?) then I would have my answer. But I don't have either. So does some little blue goblin come and steal away my primed minis in the middle of night? Or do I paint more things than I think?

I am seriously stumped.

10 people like this

I liked Zima's back in the day.  I also liked Boone's Farm. and sprite. 

my tastes have changed. 

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ye gods...

There's someone on EvilBay selling the female half-elf ranger from the old Ral Partha AD&D blister...

They describe it as "this miniature is in good condition"...

The frakking thing has lost half it's damned sword arm to lead rot or something... :rolleyes:

When I first looked at it, I thought somebody had frankensteined a figure together out of bits - the right side of it isn't too bad, but the left side reminds me of the old Asgard miniatures, all lumpy and shapeless... It' looks like the Thing from Marvel Comics.

13 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

I just got my Spartan Race obstacles list/map today...weather is predicted to be 77° and thunderstorms. Yay...

Recreating the actual weather conditions at Thermopylae?

Edited by Mad Jack
8 people like this

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

Spent most of my day working on a detailed pencil render of a couple of cuddling nosferatu.

Something like this?

Spoiler

Image result for hairless cats cuddling

11 people like this

5 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

Early Medieval History...because I think wasting my life is a fun thing. :B):

Many people ask if I am studying Vikings. Yes, partially, but not mainly.  While many Americans are (rightly) fascinated by Vikings, it is my national history so it is not as unique back home as it is here!

I kind of wish I'd gone for medieval history instead of trying to get a degree in computer science. The CS program at the university I went to was so horribly managed that I couldn't even schedule classes because none of the departments could tell me who my advising was through and they kept bouncing me around between 3 different places. The only way I actually got scheduled was by attending the very last student orientation 3 days before classes started, and by then I got stuck with a semester of nothing but math classes of varying types. Which I promptly failed, because my brain can't handle that many math classes at once when most of them are supposed to build on the foundation that one of them was supposed to provide me with.

I wouldn't have gone for early middle ages, though. I probably would have gone for the high middle ages. I've always been intrigued by the Teutonic Order, the Knights Hospitaller, and the Templars, and how they were able to essentially establish themselves as territory-owning military organizations, who even waged wars of conquest, all while managing to not have kingdoms rise up against them in earnest fashion for a couple hundred years. It just amazes me how powerful the Catholic Church was back then in that it could look at a bunch of soldiers, say "they fight for us," and then kings would literally let them carve out their own sovereign kingdoms.

3 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I'm pretty sure that's close to the beer I picked for tonight...

18%abv... Good gods... I didn't think they made beer this strong. Bottle should come with a warning label!!

Barleywine or Eisbock?

4 people like this

There is sleepy and there is tired and then there is sleepytired which is where I seem to be headed.

Also. I like Smirnoff Ice. It's a great summertime sitting on the patio drink.

7 people like this

56 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

Something like this?

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for hairless cats cuddling

Nosfercatu?

9 people like this