Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

14563 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I have said that I believe I'm haunted by spirits that drowned and they want me to drown too. Waterloo works and don't worry, I'm well into the point that I mostly laugh at all of this. I have never heard of anyone having this many issues and at this point it's comical to me.

The plumber just got here. He looked at it and said "Oh no." :lol:

My sympathies and I'm glad it's on the comical side. I've been there too where things go so stupid you can't do anything but laugh. Maybe you need to find one of those spirit talkers to come and cleanse the apartment?

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

In finally news, I finally finished some minis.  Last beekeepers kinda beekeepered my faith in humanity for a while, and I didn't touch a mini between last November and this April.

I try to avoid things like beekeepers because of this. I don't have a lot of strong views on politics or religion and I tend to have a lower opinion of humanity in general. There are good people out there but it's hard to see them through the idiots and aholes a lot of the time. I can get dragged into discussions/arguments which tend to end with people all around getting offended. I've got enough stress dealing with family, work and life in general without spending my spare time in internet arguments. Even face to face I tend to steer clear of touchy subjects unless I know the person well enough. Stay calm, think happy thoughts and paint minis :poke:

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, Zink said:

My sympathies and I'm glad it's on the comical side. I've been there too where things go so stupid you can't do anything but laugh. Maybe you need to find one of those spirit talkers to come and cleanse the apartment?

I try to avoid things like beekeepers because of this. I don't have a lot of strong views on politics or religion and I tend to have a lower opinion of humanity in general. There are good people out there but it's hard to see them through the idiots and aholes a lot of the time. I can get dragged into discussions/arguments which tend to end with people all around getting offended. I've got enough stress dealing with family, work and life in general without spending my spare time in internet arguments. Even face to face I tend to steer clear of touchy subjects unless I know the person well enough. Stay calm, think happy thoughts and paint minis :poke:

Just want to be clear.  It wasn't Beekeepers here.  It was Beekeeper generality.

6 people like this

5 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Just want to be clear.  It wasn't Beekeepers here.  It was Beekeeper generality.

In our local friend group there are some very strong polar opposite opinions.  It was a very stressful election season.  

I haven't done much painting either but it's been more because of fatigue.  I've done some beading and knitting and played lots of video games.  (Zelda and Fire Emblem.) I'm going to set up a painting area in the basement this summer and hopefully that helps me get more done, assuming the sinuses behave.  

7 people like this

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

@Guindyloo THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SURF.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Not yet, but her indoor watersports park is only half-done.  Definitely making progress, though, but could still probably use a slide.

16 people like this

4 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Soooooooo............... I got a new job.

This is not a rerun.

Dude, you're gonna need to start printing and distributing programs if you want us to be able to keep up.::P:

Congrats!

3 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

I have said that I believe I'm haunted by spirits that drowned and they want me to drown too. Waterloo works and don't worry, I'm well into the point that I mostly laugh at all of this. I have never heard of anyone having this many issues and at this point it's comical to me.

The plumber just got here. He looked at it and said "Oh no." :lol:

That's it. I say we take up a collection to buy you the absolute best, top of the line life preserver that we can find.

10 people like this

I got my June order! And the mail man actually delivered it to our door this time! It was definitely much too big to fit in the box but after the fiasco with my brushes I was sure we'd have to wait until Monday to go to the post office and pick it up.

8 people like this

I may or may not have made friends with a maple fife of approximately the key of Bb today at Fort Moultrie...

I may or may not have visited Fort Moultrie today in order to get color reference for the 1/900 model of it I ordered before realizing it was local...

9 people like this

*sigh* With my husband having a job lined up, I went to order Trista the Lore mistress and... I just can't get excited about the sculpt. Maybe it's having a certain dragon tyrant and hordes of mouselings to paint. Maybe I'm just infected with meh. But I'm going to pass on this one.

2 people like this

Randomness XII: Randomnessing When I Should Be Painting.

13 people like this

1 hour ago, Argentee said:

*sigh* With my husband having a job lined up, I went to order Trista the Lore mistress and... I just can't get excited about the sculpt. Maybe it's having a certain dragon tyrant and hordes of mouselings to paint. Maybe I'm just infected with meh. But I'm going to pass on this one.

I've got 2 of every anniversary figure.  No, I'm not building an ark.  And if I was, there's only enough room for me and my minis.

12 people like this

5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

@Guindyloo THIS IS NOT HOW YOU SURF. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

GUINDY DON'T SURF! She also doesn't love the smell of napalm in the morning, or so I've heard. I think she's indifferent on the blasting of Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" over the PA system though.

1 hour ago, Argentee said:

That's how I've felt about Trista as well. I'm tempted to order one just to have a full set, but I don't really know if I want to. I almost didn't get a Hecklemeyer either, but I ended up with one by virtue of an order anyways.

3 people like this

Hmmmm do I go with a miniature/& or acc. order via the UK (original) or do I go with the US distributor of the UK products. Appears the US source is higher in price per each. There is the shipping costs & wait period with the overseas order...What to do....hmm

I'm slacking, I have a week to paint 5 fire giants. At least I've started on them and I'll have a lot of time Thursday to do it since Husband is going to Seattle to run a game but will work on it when I'm not at appointments. I also need to do a show off thread for my frost giants as they are, I may go back to them later and do some more work, I haven't decided yet. Also, a show off for Goremaw. Lots of hobbying to be done this week. And as soon as I get some caffeine in me I'm going to start painting for the day.

4 people like this

*sigh*

I suppose I should go on and try figuring out the garden sprinkler system. It should be in shade now.

Had a good paint day. Started up a flat from ReaperCon. Rather proud of the face, tho the wife thinks the leg highlight is better. Realm thought I was going to start on the cape, but working inside out will put it near last.

5 people like this

Bidding on some big lots of Reaper paints on Ebay. Auctions end in about an hour and I've been trying to decide for a couple of days what my maximum bid should be. Wife saw my organised paints and was wondering why I'd need more. Come on, I only have 90 something bottles and some are duplicates. :rolleyes: I noticed that my kids have different tastes in colours than me and I'm trying to expand my palette. Kind of want to try out the triads for shading/highlighting too. The way the seller set up their lots I need to win three auctions to get the full triad sets which is a bit annoying and most likely deliberate.

Some paints are giving out on me too. I have trouble getting much use out of my yellows and oranges. I don't use them a lot and they seem to seperate into water and hard chunks that aren't recoverable. Because of my sporadic painting habits I have annual watering of the paints to keep them usable. I switched from GW to Vallejo many years ago and I've been trying out more REaper lately. That's reduced my ruined, unused paints a lot. Have a handful of Coat d Arms and Privateer Press as well. Bought some new GW last year because I needed certain colours and they were what was available locally. 2 of 6 paints are almost unusable now and the others needed huge amounts of matte medium and water or alcohol to keep them usable. It severely irks me to throw out nearly full pots of paint. I've managed to keep a bunch of GW paints usable for a lot of years and I find all of their pots frustrating with the newest ones maybe being the worst.

7 people like this