Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

It appears that Monday has gotten you early.

Off to New Jersey again.

>sigh<

• Like 5

23 hours ago, FaekiasDracon said:

As far as the boy clothes go, keep anything that fits well, looks decently feminine and actually has pockets, you'll thank people for this advice later. Ask Pingo, Red, and OneBoot; women's clothes don't seem to include pockets most of the time. 

Omg, pockets! I stuck hubby's iPhone 6+, that thing the size of a paperback book in his pocket and it just sunk down into it and vanished. Like, I can't even put my iPod in my pocket and have it be that secure!

Screw you pocket industry! :angry:

11 hours ago, Aryanun said:

I love painting minis, just seems like I can't anymore. My dedicated space keeps being taken over by others for other stuff. I give up.

I declare a new rule for your house: if it's in your painting space and it's not your painting stuff, it's proper home is the trash can :devil:

• Like 12

Morning all... It appears to be Monday... 

Had a mostly fun weekend, except for this heat... Ugh, I hate summer.

Didn't do any painting, but did watch the matrix movies, and did a bunch of coming. Gonna need to find cold dishes to being for lunch. Turning on the oven was not fun.

11 hours ago, hiddenone32 said:

Anything a good bonking will solve?

Well... I'd be willing to try it and find out.  Purely for science, of course! :poke:

• Like 4

18 hours ago, DakkauserKaptinBadrukk said:

As for Hurricanes...

Rrrgh.  Too early.

15 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I bought a Dizi but it doesn't sound right and I don't know whether it's defective or I'm just useless.  I might spring for, shall we say, "one of known reputation of quality" so I can eliminate craftmanship as a variable and just deal with MOAR PRACTICE.

It's in C, if you were curious.

Got pics and/or soundclips?  I know I had to have a sit-down or three with an established wooden-flute player to get my grip and embouchure even approaching correct.

Edited by Froggy the Great
Posts merge without an added line-feed.
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Rrrgh.  Too early.

We're almost 3 weeks into the official Atlantic hurricane season... :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Bleh. My Monday night game just canceled. 

Painting time?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Zink said:

I had a toy I called Bob the bugbear when I was a kid.

BugbearGoblin1a.jpg

Have no idea what happened to all those guys. My shambling mound is still in a toybox at my sister's house but the rest are long lost.

Bob the Bugbear!

Can we smash it?

Bob the Bugbear!

Yes, we can!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Got pics and/or soundclips?  I know I had to have a sit-down or three with an established wooden-flute player to get my grip and embouchure even approaching correct.

It has some damage to the internal brass ring, on account of them shipping it in a bubble envelope for some unfathomable reason.  I managed to mostly fix that, but the lack of care shipping the thing doesn't give me a great deal of confidence in how much care went into crafting it.  It wasn't the cheapest bamboo flute, but it wasn't exactly high end.  Normally I would assume the issue is my learning curve if I had confidence in the insrument being up to specs, but this one has just enough sketchiness that I don't know how much is me and how much is it - and I don't have enough experience to know if it's off.

So I think after RCon I'll get one from a more reputable source so that I at least know it's not the instrument.

• Like 11

I loathe the days where I am faster than the computer. My abilities should not be outstripping it!

Gah!

Double gah!

*sigh*

But complaining about it helps. 

• Like 8