Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Based on my 'likes', I'd say that there is a CannuckOtter swimming ever closer to the (current) end of the thread.

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Based on my 'likes', I'd say that there is a CannuckOtter swimming ever closer to the (current) end of the thread.

:bday:

• Like 7

I got my injections! Now hopefully I won't get an unexpected bill since they were a week early. And now to kill some time watching my painting DVDs since my head hurts too much to actually paint.

• Like 11

Man.... It's been a depressing 3 weeks. So much bleep hitting at once.

First a friend earlier and now a co-worker today. Was hoping to make it through the day, but didnt last, cause some of my minions started crying. Dangit. My minions saw me weep. When did growing up become so sad? Can I go back in time and slap myself for wishing to grow up? Sorry. I stored too much internally and now just bubbling around. Don't have anywhere else to write or express and with the closing of the thread, it won't last so long. Ahhhhhjjhhhsidbhehdbd. Flaburnsodneud. Slsijsn. >.<

• Like 13

In case other people were unaware, it is hot.

I have been using my game room for painting instead of my office. The game room doesn't have central air and the wall-mounted A.C. unit can't handle the insane temps in Phoenix right now.

I was hoping to get some serious paint time in this week. Not so much.

I guess I could clean the office and paint in there, but that is a lot of work...

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Talae said:

I have been using my game room for painting instead of my office. The game room doesn't have central air and the wall-mounted A.C. unit can't handle the insane temps in Phoenix right now.

I was hoping to get some serious paint time in this week. Not so much.

I guess I could clean the office and paint in there, but that is a lot of work...

Almost as hot here in Vegas, but I do have AC in the whole house. Haven't painted anything in a while tho. Going thru a small slump. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Never gonna happen.

7 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

randomness XII: The undiscovered random

If the thread is already created no sense in cropping up new names...I guess they could change the name...but, seems like there is already a winner. [?]

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TGP said:

If the thread is already created no sense in cropping up new names...I guess they could change the name...but, seems like there is already a winner. [?]

because I don't ever expect these to be chosen, whether they predate the creation of the thread or not, I just think they're funny.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Almost as hot here in Vegas, but I do have AC in the whole house. Haven't painted anything in a while tho. Going thru a small slump. 

It has been 117-120F in Phoenix this week and setting records. They cancelled like 50+ flights the other day at Sky Harbor because it was too hot for them to fly. Not sure about Vegas, but if it has been hotter than that then I feel for you guys.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Talae said:

Today's Summer Solstice Google Doodle is just mean...stupid bluebird...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Talae said:

It has been 117-120F in Phoenix this week and setting records. They cancelled like 50+ flights the other day at Sky Harbor because it was too hot for them to fly. Not sure about Vegas, but if it has been hotter than that then I feel for you guys.

Breaking records as well. 114-117 all week. Yesterday tied hottest "official" day on record of 117, some areas were 120-123. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Talae said:

G MIt has been 117-120F in Phoenix this week and setting records. They cancelled like 50+ flights the other day at Sky Harbor because it was too hot for them to fly. Not sure about Vegas, but if it has been hotter than that then I feel for you guys.

Have they said what the technical issue is that makes it unsafe?  Lack of lift in the hot thin air, something to do with runway temperature and blown tires? Something else?

The newstypes I can receive can't be bothered to dig up interesting facts...

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, TGP said:

Have they said what the technical issue is that makes it unsafe?  Lack of lift in the hot thin air, something to do with runway temperature and blown tires? Something else?

The newstypes I can receive can't be bothered to dig up interesting facts...

Thermal expansion can cause the pavement to crack dramatically at seams and anywhere that water has seeped in. Don't know if that's what they're worried about for runways, but if happens to roads.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yes indeed! Finally caught up. ::D: 

• Like 8